#930519 - 05/21/15 08:00 PM Re: Damn Beer drinkers [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

wow...

#930521 - 05/21/15 08:06 PM Re: Damn Beer drinkers [Re: Us and Them]
Piper
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Rob Roy
Its irrelevant . What led up to the cop getting hit with the skate board and how much opportunity was there to avoid the altercation in the first place? Back up? Taser?

I guarantee you your two boys are about to enter a phase of life that requires them to suspend common sense at times on the name of fun. You ok with them getting shot over it or do you hope someone with some common sense will exercise judgement?

cops are not trained to avoid contact with suspects, what led to an "altercation" was the morons whacking him with a skateboard...

As far as my boys are concerned, if they put aside common sense and give into peer pressure, and do something as stupid as these morons did, I would not blame the cops... I would blame myself for not instilling enough of a sense of right from wrong and actions and consequenses...

#930527 - 05/21/15 09:33 PM Re: Damn Beer drinkers [Re: Us and Them]
HOOKUP Offline
Returning Adult

You need to do your homework being a cop is not anywhere near as dangerous as you believe . I thought the officers worked for the citizens and by definition are accountable to the citizens? They are not atonomus entities. I meet traditionally every six months with the King County Sheriff as a part of my communities organization. We have met every 45 days recently due to a spike in property crime. their response is we need more money to hire more officers even though crime is down and the size of the police force has quadrupled in the past 20 years. Citizens have a huge role in how the officers are trained and expected to react with their comunities. I was shocked to hear how little training they undergo to be put into the field and how little they receive over time. If an officer is shooting an unarmed shoplifter or is even putting himself into position have to use deadly force against said , something is wrong. Take police off the pedestal treat them like every other profession and hold them accountable. Since 911 cops and firemen have become gods. Great PR campaign sucks for freedom.

It's really easy to arm chair quarterback a situation from an emotional point of view, as you continue to do. Your idea of the proper response to being Assaulted by a blunt object with no other officers on scene is obviously not in agreement with mine or the officers legal right to defend himself. You take no position on the threatening behavior of the offenders while stating that Police are accountable to the citizens and blatantly state the job is not dangerous, even when the statistics are contrary to your position. It's great you are engaged in your community, but you again are in disagreement with the department. You do not state any reason for the expanded size of the dept. such as population growth, enhanced documentation, higher priorities and new criminal enterprises that cut into staffing hours.

#930528 - 05/21/15 09:34 PM Re: Damn Beer drinkers [Re: ]
Piper
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Hankster

What nobody seems too worried about is he was living here illegally for 10 or so years. If they had deported him after he f'd up a couple of times he might still be alive.

actually hank, most likely he'd have been killed right away at the hands of the cartel, federally, or US border patrol trying to get back in...

#930530 - 05/21/15 09:45 PM Re: Damn Beer drinkers [Re: ]
HOOKUP Offline
Returning Adult

A couple of citizen's that the police should be held accountable to. Here is their track records at 21 and 24 years old:

Andre Thompson’s criminal history includes guilty pleas in Clark County District Court to supplying liquor to a minor, minor in possession of alcohol and bail jumping in 2012, according to court records.

In another case, the same year, he pleaded guilty in Clark County to obstructing a law-enforcement officer while a third-degree theft charge was dismissed.

In 2013, he was cited in Tumwater, Thurston County, for operating a motor vehicle without a valid license and having no valid operator license. In April, he was ticketed in Lewis County for failure to wear a safety belt.

Bryson Chaplin’s criminal history includes a 2012 guilty plea in Clark County Superior Court to taking a motor vehicle without permission, according to court records.

He also has an extensive juvenile-court record in Clark County, including guilty pleas for second-degree robbery, taking a motor vehicle without permission, theft and assault.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news...tings-of-2-men/

Edited by HOOKUP (05/21/15 09:46 PM)

#930531 - 05/21/15 09:55 PM Re: Damn Beer drinkers [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Seattle
Hookup,

Lots of assumptions on both sides as the facts have not been vetted yet. My big question is how is it in the publics interest to escalate a simple shop lift to this level? How does the public benefit? How many people were harmed by shop lifters in the past 10 years ? Would the officer have attempted to take the suspects in custody without a gun? What would have happened if he waited for back up? Followed them or taken a less confrontational approach . Could the public have been served just as well?

On the other side of the coin Why don't the police sit outside every bar in town and wait for drunks to drive off they kill 10's of 1000's every year but they sit on on ramps during rush hour to bust commuters speeding? Why does King county Sherriffs office not respond to property crime calls under $10k in loss but a simple fender bender draws 9 squad cars and two aid units?

#930533 - 05/21/15 10:08 PM Re: Damn Beer drinkers [Re: Us and Them]
Piper
Unregistered

On the other side of the coin Why don't the police sit outside every bar in town and wait for drunks to drive off they kill 10's of 1000's every year

you must not frequent bars in Bellevue often... the only thing for the night shift cop to do is hang out outside the bars and on the on ramps to 405...

came out of the pumphouse one saturday night at 2 am with all the cops in town lined up ready to nab the drunken bastards staggering thru the front door grin

#930540 - 05/21/15 11:25 PM Re: Damn Beer drinkers [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Rob Roy, you are an idiot and embody everything wrong with the state of this country at the moment.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#930543 - 05/22/15 12:18 AM Re: Damn Beer drinkers [Re: Us and Them]
HOOKUP Offline
Returning Adult

Hookup,

Lots of assumptions on both sides as the facts have not been vetted yet. My big question is how is it in the publics interest to escalate a simple shop lift to this level? How does the public benefit? How many people were harmed by shop lifters in the past 10 years ? Would the officer have attempted to take the suspects in custody without a gun? What would have happened if he waited for back up? Followed them or taken a less confrontational approach . Could the public have been served just as well?

On the other side of the coin Why don't the police sit outside every bar in town and wait for drunks to drive off they kill 10's of 1000's every year but they sit on on ramps during rush hour to bust commuters speeding? Why does King county Sherriffs office not respond to property crime calls under $10k in loss but a simple fender bender draws 9 squad cars and two aid units?

What I am hearing you say is the officer should only do his job if he can do it in a non-confrontational way and with a full staff. And further he should fail to protect the business that had its employees assaulted and items repeatedly stolen by the same offenders in the interest of the ensured well being of the offenders. Is that correct?

Taking your approach the officer should just carry a crystal ball so he can predict what the offender will do, what weapons he has and how long it will take his back up to arrive.

Edited by HOOKUP (05/22/15 12:26 AM)

#930548 - 05/22/15 07:50 AM Re: Damn Beer drinkers [Re: Dogfish]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

I don't have to carry a gun everywhere in case the opportunity to shoot someone comes up Dogfish. Your fear based view of the world and desire to live in an armed Police state are what's wrong with the world. Hold on to that gun tight there's a boogey man out there somewhere.

#930550 - 05/22/15 07:54 AM Re: Damn Beer drinkers [Re: Dogfish]
kingdog Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Tumwater
Originally Posted By: Dogfish
Rob Roy, you are an idiot and embody everything wrong with the state of this country at the moment.
Thank you Andy for possibly opening this persons mind. Unbelievable how so many support criminals.

#930552 - 05/22/15 08:31 AM Re: Damn Beer drinkers [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

Not really if you think it through which as it's been pointed out you never do. If crime is down in 10 zip codes in a county but up in one could over all come be lower based on averages. That's high school logic not even CC level mr Wizard.

#930553 - 05/22/15 08:34 AM Re: Damn Beer drinkers [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

the US has 4.4 % of the worlds population and houses 22% of the worlds prisoners. We also have the most police to population ratio by a long shot. Let's double down on what got us there instead at looking at a different way of doing things.

#930555 - 05/22/15 08:48 AM Re: Damn Beer drinkers [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

If we follow Rob Roy's advice and the apparent intentions of the nearly 400 people who demonstrated in Olympia yesterday following the police shooting of two theft suspects, we will succeed in making Olympia a much safer community in which to steal beer. Is that really what we want as our community standard? Good grief, what's going on in the gray matter between the ears of people like that?

I don't want a community that supports the notion of actions have consequences where the action can be that if you steal beer the consequence is free drinks. I much prefer an action - consequence relationship where if you steal beer (or anything else) you have a reasonable chance of being shot and killed, thereby implementing Darwinian selection favoring people who are smart enough to decide not to steal.

Hank,

Violent crime is down significantly nationwide; however property crime is way up in WA state. I think one likely and highly probable reason for the increase in property crime is that our society has decided to shift its available enforcement resources to violent crime (logical) and away from property crime. That, coupled with society's reluctance to allow citizens to shoot and kill thieves who don't pose a violent threat, creates a condition that practically encourages property crime. The observable results certainly speak to and support that conclusion.

As for the Mexican who was shot by cops in the Tri-Cities a few months ago, the facts of the case are different. Altho the man has a bit of a record, his crime immediately prior to being shot was that of throwing dirt clods at passing cars, and then running from police when ordered to stop. He didn't pose a threat to anyone nor try to assault police officers, so the investigation continues. There's a good chance it wasn't a "clean" shoot.

Sg

#930559 - 05/22/15 09:52 AM Re: Damn Beer drinkers [Re: ]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: Hankster
You think police are overpaid, undertrained and work at a job that isn't dangerous. Even so, you want more of them in your neighborhood to deal with an increase in property crimes.

I think you're full of sh!t.

What we have here is just a simple matter of opinions that differ.

Hank to quote KK you are a dumbfuk . Show me where I said I wanted more police? I believe I said that was the Sheiffs solution. Also show me where I said they were over paid. Also show me where I said it was not dangerous? I believe I said not as dangerous as hook up claimed. It's impossible to have a discussion with you so I won't .

SG , you are in Hank territory. Show me where I said I thought there should be no consequences? I simple said escalating a shop lift to a shooting is poor police work and there are better ways to handle it.

#930562 - 05/22/15 10:31 AM Re: Damn Beer drinkers [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
The brothers escalated the shoplifting to assault when they threw beer bottles at the Safeway employees, and then again when they attacked the officer. They were the ones who made that choice. Not the officer.

Bryson Chaplin has 3 criminal issue that aren't juvenile since 8/18/2014. Andre Damon Thompson has at least 6 since 8/22/2012. A number of their offenses occurred on the same date, so it isn't their first time acting as a criminal team.

Edited by Dogfish (05/22/15 10:31 AM)

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#930564 - 05/22/15 10:44 AM Re: Damn Beer drinkers [Re: Us and Them]
Piper
Unregistered

escalating a shop lift to a shooting is poor police work and there are better ways to handle it.

and escalating a shop lifting to assaulting a police officer is piss poor criminal behavior... and down right dangerous to boot

#930569 - 05/22/15 11:34 AM Re: Damn Beer drinkers [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

Hank only a dumfuk would read what I have posted and say I want more police presence . I want less. People should be responsible for their own safety and we should expand self protection rights. I believe we live in a police state. I want fewer police harassing innocent citizens and would like more focus on the 5% of the population that commits 90% of crime.

#930571 - 05/22/15 12:06 PM Re: Damn Beer drinkers [Re: Dogfish]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Originally Posted By: Dogfish

Just google skateboard attacks.

A while ago in Old Town/Portland an old guy was hosing off the sidewalk in front of his shop.
Some punk transient didn't like the wet sidewalk and beat the old guy with a skateboard.
Put him in the hospital.
They got the punk.
http://www.katu.com/news/local/Man-sentenced-in-Portland-skateboard-assault-Dorson-247062521.html

It can be a weapon just like a lot of innocent-looking objects.

#930573 - 05/22/15 12:17 PM Re: Damn Beer drinkers [Re: ]
CedarR Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Olympia, WA
I was saddened to hear an incident of this nature had occurred in my home town. The sadness returned when I heard both of the perps had survived. I don't have the social worker mentality; don't believe in rehabbing repeat offenders. When a fleeing thief perishes after wrapping a stolen car around a pole, I don't send flowers.

Criminals, both common and uncommon, put an incredible strain on a civil society. They are "weeds" and should be dealt with accordingly. Time will tell whether the officer in this incident deserves a commendation, or not.

Some sage advice:
Mama, don't let your babies grow up to be... petty thieves, thugs, and arrest resisting azzholes.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
landcruiserwilly, Tom Trune
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 274 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |