Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#933225 - 06/29/15 07:31 PM Re: R.I.P Kid Sauk [Re: summerrun]
eugene1 Offline
Spawner

Loc: out there...
Don't know the Kid or you, summerrun, but that is as great a eulogy as they come for an angler... Good times that will be remembered by friends is pretty good.

RIP Kid.

Originally Posted By: summerrun

Went to Richmond Beach tonight to have a toast to the Kid, guess I missed his high school crew as I had to leave for my own kid commits but felt his passing warranted a visit and post at my old stomping grounds on PP...

Dave was the man that introduced me to the Kid and him posting that King Pic requires a story at the very least...One of the all-time great beach fishing stories IMHO...
Use to spend many hours during great July and August Evening High tides watching the Kid double haul clousers into the Richmond beach surf...(i really wasnt great at it and enjoyed drinking a cold Alaskan Amber watching a beach master do his thing) often resulting in hooking ocean silvers and the occasional cuttie...wasnt there this particular night but as Justin told it he had thrown as far as he could throw and hit a BIG Hot Silver that just decided to leap, twirl and run his way back to Sekiu. Well as the fish got about 100yards off the beach he threw the hook, "well lets strip this thing in and try again" he says to himself...WHAM! a 20ish pound king hammers his fly that was drug out into a zone that was impossible to reach, only way was a free ride from a chromeey silver...20 or so people on the beach watched an epic battle that night and Justin land that hot ass King on the fly.

We all fight our Demons, Im fighting my own version as I type. Im going to choose to remember the good... I only knew you for a few years Kid but what I always admired about you was how easy it was to bond over some deep love for the Sauk and its majestic quarry along with being able to get excited about the little things like a dry fly rise from a 10 inch sea run cuttie on a fly you just tied at your house an hour before...

May your spirit be filled with mid April, big boulder slicks and bigger wild winters on the Upper Sauk...RIP

#933226 - 06/29/15 08:29 PM Re: R.I.P Kid Sauk [Re: The Moderator]
IrishRogue Offline
Poon it! Poon it! Poon it!

Loc: Yarrow Point
Wow, just logged in and saw this... Incredibly sad.

I met kid at Richmond beach--- Kev/Seastrike were with me, maybe Summerrun too that night?? Kev got a tule kinger, and Kid accosted us as we crossed the tracks to leave...

We spent that evening talking salt, river and Lake Wa fishing and I left that night with a pile of wisdom unlike anything I'd ever experienced... I have two lasting memories of that evening:

#1 -- "Michael Jackson" pattern plugs (black/silver flake)
#2 -- DRIVE THE BOAT LIKE A DRUNK (Sockeye season tip, if we ever have one!)

RIP Kid.... You were a prodigy.

#933227 - 06/29/15 08:36 PM Re: R.I.P Kid Sauk [Re: The Moderator]
dwatkins Offline
I'm Idaho!

sorry, I didn't know the guy at all but people are saying such nice things that I feel like I should say RIP to him. Hopefully you are in a better place.

#933228 - 06/29/15 08:44 PM Re: R.I.P Kid Sauk [Re: The Moderator]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
putz, sorry I missed you guys at The Cabin.

I trailered my boat up north and floated the river instead and said goodbye to him that way.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#933347 - 06/30/15 11:10 PM Re: R.I.P Kid Sauk [Re: The Moderator]
Steelheadman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo, WA,USA
RIP Kid Sauk! Enjoyed your posts. Hope you are fishing with Sol on that pristine river in the sky.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Jose, sky
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 985 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |