THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#934941 - 07/21/15 05:52 PM Re: What's your greatest sporting moment ever? [Re: The Moderator]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
I used to be able to dunk. Now the mere thought of it causes back pain.

There are a lot of athletic things I was able to do back in the day that I can't do now, but the memories are fine...they have all been replaced or morphed into other things that I never could have done back then wink

The first time I dunked in competition (wasn't a "game", it was in practice, but while being defended)...my first home run as a tyke, my first home run in college, my first touchdown in high school...those are all pretty good memories.

Played a few innings of a baseball game in the Kingdome when I was a kid and went 3-3, pitched an inning with three strikeouts, and turned a double play on the shittiest astroturf ever known to man.

The first day I rowed a "real" river...Mill Drift on the Sauk without ever having been on the sticks ever before smile

Watching sports? I guess there are a few I remember that stand out, though not much. Watching Brian Holman in 1990 lose a perfect game with two outs in the ninth by giving up a home run to Ken Phelps...it's baseball season so I always remember that one in the summer, along with watching the 1995 Mariners improbable run.

Watching the Seahawks in their first Super Bowl against the Steelers...I was overseas and had to get up in the middle of the night to watch it, with soccer announcers who nothing about American football doing the commentating. That was a rough few hours.

Some of the ones I really remember of the Seahawks were back when they sucked...mostly some awesome trick plays, like Efren Herrera catching a pass on a fake field goal, or recovering his own onsides kick.

Watching the Sonics win the championship when I was a little kid after losing in the finals the year before...I recall very clearly seeing DJ throw the ball straight up in the air as time expired in the winning game.

Not too many of those...that's about it off the top of my head.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#934945 - 07/21/15 06:41 PM Re: What's your greatest sporting moment ever? [Re: The Moderator]
bk paige Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: On the Sky
Going to the US National's for freestyle arials in 89. I was in way over my head but what a fun week that was!!!!
Going to the Seahawks / Denver game in our first wild card game in 84 I think, still have the ticket stub, HOLY CRACKERS it was loud!!!!
And of course the super bowl against Denver.

#934962 - 07/22/15 07:54 AM Re: What's your greatest sporting moment ever? [Re: bk paige]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline
My Area code makes me cooler than you

To all you washed up jocks.

#934963 - 07/22/15 08:07 AM Re: What's your greatest sporting moment ever? [Re: Steelheadman]
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Stumpy Acres
Originally Posted By: Steelheadman
Bruce Jenner bringing home the gold.

You mean Caitlyn Jenner?

#934964 - 07/22/15 08:11 AM Re: What's your greatest sporting moment ever? [Re: The Moderator]
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Stumpy Acres
1977 World Series game 6 Reggie Jackson walks 1st AB then crushes 3 HR's in the next 3 AB's.

#934970 - 07/22/15 10:10 AM Re: What's your greatest sporting moment ever? [Re: The Moderator]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
I remember that game Timber. Pitcher tried to quick pitch Reggie, he stepped out and then popped a homerun.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#934977 - 07/22/15 03:12 PM Re: What's your greatest sporting moment ever? [Re: The Moderator]
Rocket Red Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Elma
A couple weeks ago on Maui, I taught my oldest daughter to surf by pushing her into waves. The next day she was like, "don't push me anymore I want to catch my own", by the end of the trip she was; "rent me my own board" and spent the next couple of days just paddling out and surfing like she belonged there.

Here is an IG video of her just starting to get it.

Instagram

So, one of my best sports moments ever was a party wave with my daughter.

#934980 - 07/22/15 04:21 PM Re: What's your greatest sporting moment ever? [Re: Timber]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
Originally Posted By: Timber
Originally Posted By: Steelheadman
Bruce Jenner bringing home the gold.

You mean Caitlyn Jenner?

No...Caitlyn TransJenner

#934996 - 07/23/15 08:23 AM Re: What's your greatest sporting moment ever? [Re: The Moderator]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline

Nice work Red.

#935079 - 07/24/15 10:46 PM Re: What's your greatest sporting moment ever? [Re: The Moderator]
AkKings Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kelso Wa.
Probably never forget the 1st time I went under 5:00 in the mile (9th grade) or under 4:30 as a senior, wish I hadn't been sick at district.

Then the usual, 79 Sonics, 95 Mariners, Seahawks SB runs.

#935080 - 07/24/15 11:19 PM Re: What's your greatest sporting moment ever? [Re: The Moderator]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
An AkKings sighting. Nice. thumbs

#935081 - 07/24/15 11:45 PM Re: What's your greatest sporting moment ever? [Re: The Moderator]
dwatkins Offline
I'm Idaho!

since this thread went all Al Bundy, I guess mine was trying out for the Atlanta Braves.

#935240 - 07/27/15 07:16 PM Re: What's your greatest sporting moment ever? [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Ok, time machine time. I never lost a wrestling match in 7th-9th grade. High school was a different story, lot's of competion in my weight class of a H.S of 2K...didn't do so hot.

Made the final cuts for back up point guard in H.S sophomore year broke my ankle an hour later playing volley ball.....man did that suck.

On a side note my wrestling coach was the first person to beat Dan Gable, Gable is considered the best wrestler of all time. He won the Gold medal in 72' I believe.

- Albert Einstein.

#935290 - 07/27/15 11:30 PM Re: What's your greatest sporting moment ever? [Re: The Moderator]
RB3 Offline
Repeat Spawner

Dunking for the first time in warm ups in 10th grade at 5'6

#935316 - 07/28/15 12:40 PM Re: What's your greatest sporting moment ever? [Re: ]
Piper
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Steelspanker

As you might've guessed, he is my son. And I am one proud dad.

that is awesome!

thumbs

#935317 - 07/28/15 12:42 PM Re: What's your greatest sporting moment ever? [Re: ]
dwatkins Offline
I'm Idaho!

Originally Posted By: Steelspanker
This one is about old fashioned hard work and determination.

I watched a kid who took after his mother in stature -- shorter and leaner than the rest of his baseball team mates, year after year. And he had to earn his starting position every single year from little league, Select ball, and through high school. He even ended up being a high school baseball star, all league and all that.

This little guy even got recruited to play college ball and he was one of only two freshmen to make the roster this past season and not be red-shirted. He also got a good mount of play time.

When I see him on the ball field nowadays I smile wide as his team mates and opponents tower over him. He overcame the odds and found success. All because of old fashioned hard work and determination. He simply will not take no for an answer.

As you might've guessed, he is my son. And I am one proud dad.

awesome smile

#935319 - 07/28/15 12:46 PM Re: What's your greatest sporting moment ever? [Re: The Moderator]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline

Short people rock.

#935320 - 07/28/15 12:47 PM Re: What's your greatest sporting moment ever? [Re: The Moderator]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
That kicks ass, Steelspanker!

I've had nothing but a blast coaching my son and his team(s). Would love to see him continue on with his baseball success and can't wait to see him progress over the years!

Your video also kicked ass, Rocket Red! Way cool!

Lastly, I nuked out a bunch of crap from two abusers here. You can try to mess up my post, but I'll win every time. Last warning to STFU here, on this or other PP forum. Talk to Bob to get your posting privs back, as I know you two can't help yourself and will be at each other's throats soon......

Hard to believe he's 10 already......

#935339 - 07/28/15 01:58 PM Re: What's your greatest sporting moment ever? [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Sorry you're having a bad day, Paker.

Cool story, SS.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#935347 - 07/28/15 03:12 PM Re: What's your greatest sporting moment ever? [Re: The Moderator]
FleaFlickr02 Offline
River Nutrients

I could bore you guys with a long, drawn-out account of my sporting glories... wait... no I couldn't.

Carry on....

I like the accounts of watching kids realize their potential we see scattered throughout this thread. For my part, last year, it was cool seeing my daughter's soccer team obliterate the team that had beaten them for the district championship every year since she started playing. She scored two of the six goals and didn't stop smiling for a week.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Carcassman, Clipfin, Danny Clyde, Dannyboy, dk1948, Twitch
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 903 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645361 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |