Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#93563 - 08/04/00 12:44 PM Re: Gorst Creek and Sinclear inlet
Chip Goodhue Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Kitsap County
WDR - Nice report, guess I'll have to head that way soon. It was so calm last night I just could not get past Yeomalt Point. Took 3 kings, including a double!!! on identical hens about 20 pounds. Too bad we had to put em' all back! Judging by the number of fish at Yeomalt this past week, the Elliot Bay opener should be real good also.

Where were you fishing in Sinclair Inlet, on the Port Orchard side or over by the Tennis Courts. Also, were you using plain herring or dodger/herring combos.

Thanks in advance for the info. Chip Goodhue

#93564 - 08/04/00 12:51 PM Re: Gorst Creek and Sinclear inlet
Chris Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Poulsbo, Wa
Well, I thought that I would tell you guys this. The other day I was fishing area 10 and I C&R a sinclair inlet bound king and I limited on silver and PinkCorky( remember her) she got her first salmon ever she did a good job. Tight lines..

#93565 - 08/04/00 12:54 PM Re: Gorst Creek and Sinclear inlet
WDR Offline
Alevin

Loc: Bremerton, WA, USA
Chip

We fished the Port Orchard side using a flasher herring combo. There were boats all over the place from the shipyard all the way past the tennis courts to the passage by point white. I think you could fish anywhere at this point and do well. It sounds like you have done quite well yourself. When you say double do you mean two fish and two poles or two fish on one pole. The reason I ask is I have a video of my grandfather fishing with me out of Seward where he caught two small silvers on one squid w/ double hooks. I thought he was the only one that would have ever done that. Finally, you are right about the Elliot bay opener, sounds like it could be a place to fish after the derby checkout times.

#93566 - 08/04/00 01:00 PM Re: Gorst Creek and Sinclear inlet
Jeffhead Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia, Washington
Hey guys,
I'm gonna be fishing Sinclair Inlet on Monday, leave a few fish there for me hehehe. Good luck to you guys in the derby this weekend!!!
Tight lines, Jeff

#93567 - 08/04/00 01:02 PM Re: Gorst Creek and Sinclear inlet
WDR Offline
Alevin

Seacat,

See my previous entry for the info you needed. I think anywhere in the bay is as good as the next. Take note to your fish finder too - you do have to look for them there. The pattern has been no fish on the screen, then no fish on the lines. The schools have been moving around. This mornings 14 pounder we thought was someone elses rigging. We hooked up just as we had passed another boat very close to ours. It was kind of funny at first but got very serious very quickly as the line was spooling out faster than the boats were passing. After losing the first two, my buddy was not going to let this one go.

#93568 - 08/04/00 01:18 PM Re: Gorst Creek and Sinclear inlet
Chip Goodhue Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Kitsap County
WDR - Two fish, one on each rod. Two kings on the same rod would be quite a feat! My best to date has been two flounders on the same jig.

BTW, how crowded do you think it will be over in the Inlet tomorrow? I have not entered the derby but would like to get in on some catch and keep fishing. I know Elliot Bay will be a zoo and am going to avoid that!

#93569 - 08/04/00 01:32 PM Re: Gorst Creek and Sinclear inlet
WDR Offline
Alevin

Chip, so far on the worst day I have counted almost 30 boats. I honestly don't know what the field will be like on derby day. At minimum I would say double that count. I have seen the same boats daily which run 10 to 15 count. I don't think a lot of people really think there are fish here.

#93570 - 08/04/00 06:25 PM Re: Gorst Creek and Sinclear inlet
Seacat Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Duvall, WA
WDR,

OK, thanks for that finder tip as well as the other info you've been sharing. I'll be sure to give you all the credit when I win the derby.

Salmonhead, the limit's only two so there'll for sure be one or two left for you on Monday. Sure wish I could go out with ya though.

see ya all on the water...

#93571 - 08/04/00 06:36 PM Re: Gorst Creek and Sinclear inlet
WDR Offline
Alevin

GOOD LUCK SEACAT69!!!! See you guys tonarrow.

#93572 - 08/05/00 06:39 PM Re: Gorst Creek and Sinclear inlet
Seacat Offline
Returning Adult

WDR,

Looked for you today, but didn't see 'ya. Luck was not with me today. 1 shaker, 2 dogs and a couple of good strikes but no hookups. ARGGGGGHHH!

I actually did not see any fish caught, although I heard of a couple here and there early in the morning.

I talked for a minute with the on-the-water DFW guy at about 10:30. He had surveyed 50 boats(?? anglers)with 8 fish between 8 and 12 pounds. Kind of slow...

I wonder if the fog/cloud cover turned 'em off or something else. I didn't mark that many today, fished all over from the barges to the tennis courts and back. Mid channel, up close to the shore, slow, fast, herring, herring, herring! Nothing...

Maybe tomorrow, I'll be look'n for 'ya again. I plan on staying near the barges and in front of the crane. Hope you had better luck than me.

#93573 - 08/07/00 01:22 AM Re: Gorst Creek and Sinclear inlet
Jeffhead Offline
Spawner

Any of you guys fish today??? If so how'd ya do??? I am gonna check it out tomorrow for a few hours.
Tight lines, Jeff

#93574 - 08/07/00 10:02 AM Re: Gorst Creek and Sinclear inlet
Seacat Offline
Returning Adult

Salmonhead,

WDR is the Sinclair Slayer! His boat topped the leader board on Saturday with a 23 pounder. Congrats WDR!!! He also told me on Sunday with a little over an hour to go in the derby that the big fish was up to 23-15.

I didn't fair as well, only managed to hook a Jack after several hours of trolling herring all over the inlet. Most people I talked with thought fishing was slow. Let us know how you do Salmonhead. Should be getting better every day now.

WDR, it was nice to chat with you brief as it was. My wife was drooling over your boat! You've got a nice setup there. So give us the scoop, where did you guys finish on the leader board?

#93575 - 08/07/00 11:26 AM Re: Gorst Creek and Sinclear inlet
WDR Offline
Alevin

Seacat/Salmonhead

We did not do to bad. Does anyone want to trade spouses???? She has been running non stop that she beat me in the derby. Did you guys see the paper??? We almost did it, we fell short by only 6 ounces. I was fortunate enough to have a great group of friends which turned out to be a great crew when it came to landing my wifes fish. We did lose some gear in the caos but we were able to get it back with the prize money. We almost didn't get my wifes fish in the boat. The fish nearly spooled the reel before we had all the gear out of the water..I could not go in reverse until it was all up. We chased that fish for about 100 yards. In the last four days of fishing the bay, we have brought in nearly 120 pounds of fish. This fishery is great. The poggie guy said the fishing will peak in three weeks and to expect some thirty plus pounders. It was good to see you on the water. Im out for a week, my boat needs some tlc. I am gearing up for four days at Riffe Lake. I am bringing the downriggers too. There are some lunkers at the bottom. If you fish this week, use herring w' 48 leader. Thats the winning lotto ticket...herring.

#93576 - 08/07/00 12:29 PM Re: Gorst Creek and Sinclear inlet
Seacat Offline
Returning Adult

WDR,

Who decided that she got to reel in the big one? Hope you earned some points for that!!!

Trading spouses with me won't do you any good, cause my wife is giving me grief over the fact that she didn't get to reel in anything but horn sharks! Well, I let her reel in something though.

Would like to meet you and your wife sometime. Maybe the four of us can do the inlet and trade some sea stories.

Congrats again on the derby. You've really got 'em dialed in.

#93577 - 08/07/00 05:45 PM Re: Gorst Creek and Sinclear inlet
Chris Offline
Juvenille at Sea

congrats and was that your picture in the paper(well it was the winning fish) It was BIG!!!! Well, congrats again.

#93578 - 08/07/00 08:32 PM Re: Gorst Creek and Sinclear inlet
Jeffhead Offline
Spawner

Hi guys,
Fushed the inlet today and it was pretty sloooow!!! Didn't really get to spend much time (about 3 hours) but it was a great way to pass the day while my Son was in his seminar!!! No luck for me or anyone else who I talked to on the water, there were about 15 - 20 boats out. Started out by the tennis courts, marked a lot of bait right out in front of them and moved to the 140 hole the last hour. Marked some nice bait balls there also but no schools of salmon. On the way over from the launch at Ft. Ward this AM I saw a tribal net trawler headed out of the inlet. I'm wonderin' if they got a shot at it last night, if so it may have put a dent in the bite. I didn't bring any herring (I know silly me) and ran three hooches that work anywhere but not today. No complaints, my expectations weren't to high as this is the first time I have fished that water. You know what they say, a day on the water is better than just about anything (I did say just about hehehe) . Next trip it'll be back to Pt. D. Thanks for all of your input!!!
Good luck and tight lines, Jeff

#93579 - 08/08/00 10:21 AM Re: Gorst Creek and Sinclear inlet
WDR Offline
Alevin

Seacat69

As far as who was getting what fish and when, we made it very simple...we just took turns. It was the luck of the draw. I think it started on thursday when I caught the 18 pouder and then it snowballed from there. We had caught a steelhead on Saturday near the highway - very pretty fish and about 20 inches long. The poggy gut said there are quite a few steelhead in the area for gorts creek. Have to go to Seattle now for the day...later.

#93580 - 08/08/00 11:07 AM Re: Gorst Creek and Sinclear inlet
Seacat Offline
Returning Adult

Salmonhead,

Tough luck eh? Well I can relate to that having spent about 14 hrs over the weekend chasing the big one out there. Keep me posted on your Pt. D adventures, maybe we can hook up there sometime. I know that the last two weeks in August can be really good down there.

WDR, luck of the draw? I'm thinking to myself that's called LADY LUCK! I always bring my wife when we fish derbys, hoping that if all else fails, Lady Luck will prevail. She was with you guys, that's for sure. I did read the article in the paper. That's a pretty good fish tale eh? Kind of reminds me of a day many years ago at Pt. D where I watched this guy lose his meatline, the mounting bracket and the 25 pounder attached to the end of it when it all came ripping off of his boat while they were trying to get a net under the fish. At least you got your fish, and some cash to replace the lost gear. Good for you.

#93581 - 08/08/00 06:10 PM Re: Gorst Creek and Sinclear inlet
Chris Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Steelhead.... Nice... Well that is cool..

#93582 - 08/09/00 12:37 PM Re: Gorst Creek and Sinclear inlet
Chris Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Yesterday, I was fishing 3 miles north of the sinclar inlet line for silvers and I hooked a fish and when I got it in it was a HATCHERY 5lbs king heading for sinclair. The point of this is the hook went through its eye and it was bleeding to death, I put it back and revived it and it swam away very weekly. The question is what do I do do I still release it? Or since it is a hatchery king keep it cuz it is going to die? Help please....

Chris

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1089 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645296 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |