Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#93583 - 08/09/00 12:57 PM Re: Gorst Creek and Sinclear inlet
Seacat Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Duvall, WA
Chris,

I would release it even if it seems senseless to do so for a couple of reasons.

One, it may survive. I've caught several one-eyed salmon over the years and I believe that these fish are much more resiliant than some people want to give them credit for. Think about the punishment they take when they reach the spawning grounds. Somehow they manage to still spawn. I've also seen some pretty scarred up fish too, whether it was seals or nets, at one time they were gashed pretty good and they lived through that.

Second, it's a C&R area for chinook and I respect that because I want to continue to have the opportunity to do it. We don't want to give the fisheries management any more ammo than they already have to shut it down.

I'm GLAD that you released the fish. GOOD JOB!

#93584 - 08/09/00 04:50 PM Re: Gorst Creek and Sinclear inlet
Chip Goodhue Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Kitsap County
Chris - Are the Sinclair Inlet kings marked?

#93585 - 08/09/00 06:56 PM Re: Gorst Creek and Sinclear inlet
Chris Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Poulsbo, Wa
I believe so because I have caught 2 kings this year so far with a missing adopose fin and they were caught a couple mile north of the line.

#93586 - 08/10/00 10:16 AM Re: Gorst Creek and Sinclear inlet
WDR Offline
Alevin

Loc: Bremerton, WA, USA
The salmon in Sinclair Inlet are not clipped. On the belly you will find a yellow spot that identifies the fishery. This information was given to my friend from one of the members of the Poggy Club at the derby. I did notice the yellow spots on some of the fish caught during the derby and until my friend told me what it was, I really did not think anything about it.

#93587 - 08/10/00 12:55 PM Re: Gorst Creek and Sinclear inlet
Chris Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Poulsbo, Wa
wow, that is cool. Then where would those fish be going? I caught them at agate pass. Any Ideas??

#93588 - 08/14/00 07:14 PM Re: Gorst Creek and Sinclear inlet
WDR Offline
Alevin

Loc: Bremerton, WA, USA
These fish are going to gorst creek. My opinion is that it was on its way there through agate pass when you picked it up.

Hey guys, I am having a couple of spoons sent up from Oregon. A friend of mine makes them for tillamook bay and does very well with them. I think they will do great farther up in the bay near the barge in front of kitsap marine. I don't think the fish will take bait that far in as easily as they do in the farther out. I will let you know how they do.

I spent 4 days at Riffe Lake. Over the four days our group caught nearly 60 kokanee. Most were very small and were released. The water is very warm right now without any snow melt coming in the bigger fish are deeper. The water level is dropping nearly six inches a night. There is still some dock floating at Mossyrock, but no for long.

On sunday we did really well. The water temp dropped at the surface and the wind was really howling and we slammed them.

That lake always seems to produce fish no matter what time of year. Last winter my wife and I fished and limited out and by the time we left we had nearly a 1/4' of snow on the boat.

I went to Seattle this morning and counted around 125 boats fishing in front of TODD Shipyard. It was amazing how close they were to each other. Not my idea of fun for one fish.

As soon as I get the mud off the boat from Riffe Lake, I will be back in the bay for some more.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (steely slammer), 1085 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645291 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |