Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#935708 - 07/31/15 03:39 PM Pink beach for kids on Whidbey
No More Ice Fishin Offline
Returning Adult

Quick question for you. Gonna try some casting with the fam, which includes my 1 year old probably strapped on my back and my 3 year alternating between reeling in a lure and digging in the sand. Total circus.

The popular beaches like Lagoon and Bush won't work with this crew, as we have a pretty big footprint and need elbow room.

What about some quieter spots on Whidbey? Fort Casey? Any other suggestions? I've stumbled on some other small spots out there, but not sure if they get busy with the pink crowd.

I know around the high is prime, but can you expect pinks at any time? (Can't always pick the times with kids in tow).

Thanks.

#935723 - 07/31/15 05:55 PM Re: Pink beach for kids on Whidbey [Re: No More Ice Fishin]
Brent K Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Arlington, Washington
There used to be a few access points to the beach inside Admiralty Bay from Fort Casey. It is quite a large stretch of beach with lots of room for people to spread out. Just don't go too far east, in front of the houses.

#935757 - 08/01/15 06:09 AM Re: Pink beach for kids on Whidbey [Re: No More Ice Fishin]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
The long stretch of beach south of the Keystone ferry might work well for you. Casey would work.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#935767 - 08/01/15 10:47 AM Re: Pink beach for kids on Whidbey [Re: No More Ice Fishin]
Piper
Unregistered

hop the ferry and drive around to marrowstone point...

#935823 - 08/02/15 09:52 AM Re: Pink beach for kids on Whidbey [Re: No More Ice Fishin]
MPM Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle, WA
South Whidbey State Park has a trail down to the beach. The pinks didn't get close enough to catch until high-tide around sunset when I was there 2 years ago. Might be a bit of a hike with gear and family.

#935949 - 08/03/15 07:26 PM Re: Pink beach for kids on Whidbey [Re: No More Ice Fishin]
Larry B Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: University Place and Whidbey I...
I haven't fished it but you might want to check out Ebey's Landing Historical Reserve which runs between Fort Casey and Fort Ebey State Parks. Lots of beach readily accessible from a small parking lot. Read that as being readily accessible if there is a parking spot! As I recall it required a permit or pay to park. Lots of room on the beach for kids even with fishing going on.

Here is the link: http://www.nps.gov/ebla/planyourvisit/maps.htm

It's the person who has done nothing who is sure nothing can be done. (Ewing)

#936689 - 08/13/15 10:41 AM Re: Pink beach for kids on Whidbey [Re: No More Ice Fishin]
No More Ice Fishin Offline
Returning Adult

Thanks all. Made it out to Fort Casey the weekend before last.

Didn't get a ton of casts in, but plenty of room at Fort Casey for the crew. And beautiful out there, too.

Didn't even see a jumper. We might have just hit a slow period as nobody at Ebey had seemed to have much luck when I chatted with folks there.

Do schools of pinks typically come in as close to the Fort Casey beach as they do Lagoon and Bush? Just curious how that beach attracts and holds fish. Like I said though, sure is a beautiful spot.

#936827 - 08/15/15 06:32 AM Re: Pink beach for kids on Whidbey [Re: No More Ice Fishin]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
For some reason pinks don't haunt Casey like Bush and Lagoon.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Carcassman, Clipfin, Danny Clyde, Dannyboy, dk1948, Twitch
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (steely slammer, 1 invisible), 1030 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645362 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |