THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#937742 - 08/28/15 03:04 PM Re: Wynoochee River---Another Gated Off Access!!!! [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
Originally Posted By: WDFW X 1 = 0
Less fish.
More people.
Same rivers.

The eventual outcome seems obvious to me.

+1,000,000. And it ain't gonna get better.

#937747 - 08/28/15 03:48 PM Re: Wynoochee River---Another Gated Off Access!!!! [Re: DrifterWA]
Carcassman Online   content
River Nutrients

Loc: Olema,California,Planet Earth
But making more people is apparently way more fun than fishing or hunting.

#937762 - 08/28/15 09:17 PM Re: Wynoochee River---Another Gated Off Access!!!! [Re: DrifterWA]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Originally Posted By: DrifterWA
Went to the "map department" on 2nd floor of the County.

Here's what I found out:

Elk's picnic area is 100 % County owned, also County owns the road to the East of the picnic area.

The road to the East of the picnic area, is the road that has the New Gate. WDFW has nothing to do with this whole thing.

The road, that is now gated, has been a problem area. People used to pull small travel trailers in, and stay most of the summer, if not a trailer, then tents were also used.

The river has changed the gravel bar, used to be room for 4 - 6 trucks, that guys used while they were winter run steelhead fishing. Lower part of the road can be a 4 wheel drive show in the winter time.

There is another road that goes to the East, about 100 yards past the new gate. This road had a gate on it at one time but has not been locked for many years......10 years ago very few people used this road BUT that has changed......now many people drive down and fish the lower end of the Wynoochee River. I believe this land owner would like the new gate left...cars, trucks, and garbage is a problem.

That's what I know......the story continues.....

Not doubting what you found but the county assessor website shows Washington State and Port of Grays Harbor as the owners. Wonder what is causing that discrepancy. County owns property downstream of the bridge, per the map sifter site.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#937764 - 08/29/15 03:49 AM Re: Wynoochee River---Another Gated Off Access!!!! [Re: DrifterWA]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
GH Port does own the area "up river" from the "twin bridges". This area is a old gravel pit. The Port, this summer, did clean up this area. The Port also road graded, put some big blocks, installed no camping signs, and even put a big trash container.

I'm concerned about this area.....signs have been damaged and the area is big enough that its a perfect place for "spinning donuts" and "racing around the big blocks".

Would hate to see this area "gated off". Its the only place below Black Ck. boat launch that can be used for boat put in/take out. There is a gate there but so far, this summer, has not been locked.

Edited by DrifterWA (08/29/15 03:34 PM)

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#937808 - 08/30/15 03:41 PM Re: Wynoochee River---Another Gated Off Access!!!! [Re: DrifterWA]
Eric Offline
River Nutrients

Quote:
GH Port does own the area "up river" from the "twin bridges". This area is a old gravel pit. The Port, this summer, did clean up this area. The Port also road graded, put some big blocks, installed no camping signs, and even put a big trash container.

Indeed. It goes by the name Sterling's Landing I believe. The Port took on responsibility for this parcel of land when it merged with Friend's Landing. As far as I know, there are plans to maintain this area as a boat access wit the Port taking the first step of grading, signing and cement blocking the parking area.

#937830 - 08/31/15 11:06 AM Re: Wynoochee River---Another Gated Off Access!!!! [Re: DrifterWA]
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
Alway's used Senior's bar / Elks bar to take out below twin bridges. It's always cool to talk with local folk while taking out. Now I guess I'll have to use the take out above twin bridge by the pond area until it get's shut down. Bummer. Good luck,

SZ

#937860 - 08/31/15 03:35 PM Re: Wynoochee River---Another Gated Off Access!!!! [Re: STRIKE ZONE]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Originally Posted By: STRIKE ZONE
Alway's used Senior's bar / Elks bar to take out below twin bridges. It's always cool to talk with local folk while taking out. Now I guess I'll have to use the take out above twin bridge by the pond area until it get's shut down. Bummer. Good luck,

SZ

Shouldn't take long. After everyone goes in and out of there a few times, it will be next on the gated access list.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#937864 - 08/31/15 04:54 PM Re: Wynoochee River---Another Gated Off Access!!!! [Re: Dan S.]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
Originally Posted By: Dan S.
Originally Posted By: STRIKE ZONE

SZ

Shouldn't take long. After everyone goes in and out of there a few times, it will be next on the gated access list.

There is a person that lives in a trailer, on the way in. He told me that if the Port would pay him a small salary, he mentioned $200 a month, he would be the care taker. I gota believe the Port has $200 rat holed away, if not the Port has the ability to tax.....$2400 a year for a care taker, to watch for signs being damaged, hot rodding kids, trash, etc., is such a small price to pay for access.

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#937871 - 08/31/15 08:08 PM Re: Wynoochee River---Another Gated Off Access!!!! [Re: DrifterWA]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Graham, WA
Originally Posted By: DrifterWA.[/quote

There is a person that lives in a trailer, on the way in. He told me that if the Port would pay him a small salary, he mentioned $200 a month, he would be the care taker. I gota believe the Port has $200 rat holed away, if not the Port has the ability to tax.....$2400 a year for a care taker, to watch for signs being damaged, hot rodding kids, trash, etc., is such a small price to pay for access.

Are you kidding me? First, there has to be a feasibility study, then an environmental impact. Of course, there's got to be a committee formed to study and prepare an overview for the senate budget committee to study and make recommendations to the Port authority to introduce legislation. After several years of bouncing around in Olympia, a job description and position along with a hefty salary will be carved out so the position can be given to an insider dirt bag who will contract it out to a guy he owes a favor to, who will ultimately put a lock on a gate and get a bonus for making the problem go away!

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Carcassman), 1090 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645296 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |