Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#93869 - 08/15/00 12:55 AM Re: Nisqually Kings
Jeffhead Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia, Washington
Hey Woody,
Nice to hear from ya. As far as the road question goes your guess is as good as mine, I don't have a 4X4 and have never driven it. Hey Os, DC or Dan S. you got the answer to this one??? I may be there after work on Wednesday for a few hours.
Good luck and tight lines, Jeff

#93870 - 08/15/00 01:25 AM Re: Nisqually Kings
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Jeff,

No help from me, I'm a 2x4 kinda guy too. Woody, I know that several 4x4's get stuck down there every year, so I'd recommend the walk-in approach. Of course, if you're feeling brave you might try it. But then again, you could buy a new Loomis for what it would cost to get towed out if you DID get stuck. Let us know how you're doing down there.......

Fish on.......

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#93871 - 08/15/00 03:12 PM Re: Nisqually Kings
Osprey Offline
Spawner

Loc: Osprey Acres /Olympja
Hey woody all the roads down in that area are ruff! some I will drive down if I bring the 4X4 I will pick and chose ,if in doubt walk it first,then decide,this time of year it's not so bad ,but after we get some rain this area will really BAD.
Went down on Saturday with my son he had one on for just a few head shakes then he was gone ,Thats all I know,which as usuall is not much

------------------
Row Quietly and fish a Cataraft }<<(('>----<'))>>{
Release all Wild Fish

#93872 - 08/15/00 10:18 PM Re: Nisqually Kings
elmtree Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: spanaway,wash, 98387us
Well osprey, i would walk, except iam kinda on the too big to go too far variety of people. It is short and easy i will. But even walking past the big bend looks pretty rough with all the tire gullies dug up. Some peoples kids just don't know when to leave a good thing along and just have to go play as hard as they can. Just sort of bust it up for the rest of us meek and mild sort's.
Really, until i get a decent set of tires, i think i will not try going that far down, iam not a big 4X4 driver. Now if i had my of vw rabbit, i be there in a heart beat. Just don't know why, but that old car would go places that it should never have and always got back out. Went on top of some mountain once and parked under a tree, met a couple of big grisslie guys with 38 " tired 4X4's and that asked how i got up there? I told them i drove my car. No way, no car can get thru those ruts, I did'nt go thru em, i went around them. Just never know.
Mike we got to get together a couple of times. You and DC and Salmonhead have such a short drive, it is almost unfair.

------------------
elmtree (woody)

#93873 - 08/15/00 10:31 PM Re: Nisqually Kings
dcrzfitter Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tenino, wa U.S.A.
Elmtree,

hey I can help you with yer 4x4 question.

E-mail me

dcrzfitter@aol.com

I might stop in wed night for a few but I gotta get home so we can do some shooting. but Thursday I am planning on maybe hitting it with the boat again.

dcrzfitter

#93874 - 08/16/00 01:20 AM Re: Nisqually Kings
Jeffhead Offline
Spawner

Hi guys,
I will be on the river tomorrow afternoon about 4:45. I'm gonna work the stretch up above the handicap hole. Hope to see some of ya there!!!

#93875 - 08/16/00 10:35 AM Re: Nisqually Kings
Osprey Offline
Spawner

Woody I drive all my rigs down there ,my work van is 2 wheel drive with running boards ,just go slow and stay on top or the ruts piece of cake,of course my Cherokee will go almost anywhere ,but you are driving a chevy better leave it in the parking lot my 76 F-350 4X4 will make it's own trail
Tides are not great this week and like DCZ I am using a my spare time to fling arrows but I think I might go bug Salmonhead for a few on thursday...

------------------
Release all Wild Fish

[This message has been edited by Osprey (edited 08-16-2000).]

#93876 - 08/16/00 11:05 AM Re: Nisqually Kings
BtmBounce Offline
Fry

Loc: Okanogan, WA
Agree that the roads are not bad now but after the rains come even 4X4s do get stuck where I am fishing now. Will be heading to one of my favorite spots after work today; same area where Osprey and I fished on the 9th. Yes, Woody, just across the river from the Nisqually school (Frank's Landing area). Couple of sand bars there with some prime bottom bouncing water! Don't need a 4X4 to get there now (my '71 F250 does just fine) but will soon! Keep those new lines tight...Tom

#93877 - 08/16/00 01:33 PM Re: Nisqually Kings
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Stumpy Acres
HINT: The hole by I-5 bridge is stacked with fish.Just say multiple hook ups in an hour.Tomorrow will be the day to hit it,nets will be out.The fish are a little dark. TM

#93878 - 08/16/00 02:02 PM Re: Nisqually Kings
BtmBounce Offline
Fry

Timber Man, thanks for the info, and, by the way, the nets will be out at noon today. May possibly take the dirt road (on the Ft Lewis side) down past the Nisqually school and fish the sandbar just upstream from I-5.
keep your new lines tight...tom

#93879 - 08/16/00 04:55 PM Re: Nisqually Kings
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

What I was saying was tomorrow there will be no nets at any time durring the day TM

#93880 - 08/16/00 05:59 PM Re: Nisqually Kings
schitzo with a berkley Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: edgewood, wa........
hey timberman, are you talkin about the powerline hole, and if so, are you using eggs, or jus corkies? are you fishing under the i-5 bridge and also are you fishing incoming tide? thanks for the info, and yeah i will be down there tomorrow and possibly tonite.. dark green 4x4 with tinted windows, and lots of stickers on the window, say hi if ya see me, bye man ***schitzo***

#93881 - 08/16/00 06:12 PM Re: Nisqually Kings
BtmBounce Offline
Fry

Fellas, just got a call from a fishen' buddy who nailed a good sized buck on McCalister Creek just at low tide. Seen several others caught between 1200 and 1430 today. Most were using yellow or pink corkies with yellow/pink or white yarn. He also used shrimp scent. Will post tonight's results of others and myself tomorrow in the AM. Keep your new lines tight...Tom

#93882 - 08/16/00 07:52 PM Re: Nisqually Kings
dcrzfitter Offline
Spawner

Man I can't wate till they are in good. they are right on the verg!!! it's driving me crazy!!!!!

dcrzfitter

#93883 - 08/16/00 11:11 PM Re: Nisqually Kings
Jeffhead Offline
Spawner

Hey guys,
Fished the stretch above the handicap hole for a couple of hours tonighht. No luck, 4 other people fishin', nothing for them either. I'm lovin' this weather but it needs to rain to make the fish move (not sayin' I want it to!!!). Had a cool time, my wife joined me on her way home from work in Lakewood and brought some sandwiches to munch on!!! I'm thinkin' the green can has got to be hot, any reports from there???

#93884 - 08/17/00 12:03 AM Re: Nisqually Kings
J.C.B Offline
Smolt

Loc: Marysville Washington
I fished there on the Nisqually when I was about 12. In 86 I believe and caught the my first fresh water salmon. A big chum, or at least it was big at the time. Are the chums still in good shape? My dad still lives in that area.(Spanaway) Not too far from his place. I would like to take him fishing sometime. Anyway any thing about the chum?

#93885 - 08/17/00 12:12 AM Re: Nisqually Kings
dcrzfitter Offline
Spawner

Salmonhead,

If you are thinking about hitting the can DO IT!!! and out on the drop off in front of Mac. creek. I've been told they are there and BIG. a few 30# and several 20+

dcrzfitter

#93886 - 08/17/00 01:33 AM Re: Nisqually Kings
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

You've got a while to wait for chum.They wont show up for another 2 1/2 to 3 months before they get in the nisqually.Hit the hoodsport hatchery or the Skok in late october or Johns creek the middle of october.Its combat fishing but you can have some 20 fish days.Thats if you can handle all the folks crossing your line and bumpin elbows once in a while.If nothing else just go down and stand and watch the zoo that can be alot of fun.Saw a guy last year walk over and break a guys rod over his knee because he kept crossing his line.TM

#93887 - 08/17/00 03:48 AM Re: Nisqually Kings
Anonymous
Unregistered

Timberman
That is a classic.....still chuckling. I feel for the guy whos rod got broke hope it was a yellow eagle claw.

------------------
Marty
Steelheader.net marty@steelheader.net

#93888 - 08/17/00 12:06 PM Re: Nisqually Kings
Osprey Offline
Spawner

Just got back from a morning fish,stared at dark-thirty left at 8:30 2 on 2 OFF #@^*$#@ I think I needed bigger hooks, fishing picked up after we chased the seal out of hole...Don't worry all you Green Peacers we didn't harrass him we just yelled bad things at him

------------------
Release all Wild Fish

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Chromeo, Colluvium, lat59, m wilson, phishkellar, TBJ
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 1088 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645361 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |