THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#939165 - 09/17/15 03:59 PM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: Sol Duc]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Island Time
Jethro Tull sucks anal glands

Stam... I too was in the kISW rock revolution. Plastering stickers on every street sign like a good redneck little boy c.1977-78

Back when the youngest rode in the back window and the baby on the floor. Statler brothers scratching away at the 8 track in the Fleetwood wagon.

If you don't like our prices bring your wife down and we'll dicker.

#939173 - 09/17/15 04:48 PM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: Sol Duc]
RobertF
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Sol Duc
Hey Robertf, how many forms of metal are there? I've heard of thrash,speed,death, any others?

Yeah. As far as the main subgenres,you have:

Doom Metal
Black Metal
Speed Metal
Death Metal
Thrash Metal
Stoner Metal
British heavy Metal
Grindcore
Viking Metal
Mathcore
Sludge
Gothic Metal
Nu Metal
Rap/Metal
Prog Metal
That Glam Hair metal crap
Metal Core
Industrial
Shred
Power Metal
And whatever other labels get put on things these days

#939180 - 09/17/15 06:13 PM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Originally Posted By: stam
Originally Posted By: Us and Them
.. exclusive parties with the minions scrambling to get invited.

Chief Forked Tongue, once again you're confused or just trying to mislead... maybe thinking of snoopy rod?.. not my deal. Barn party was never exclusive, always an open invite, I even extended you a personal invite via PP, you didn't come.

He was scared Tim would be there.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#939181 - 09/17/15 06:29 PM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: Sol Duc]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
Robert F - you forgot Kitty or Bubblegum Metal from Japan. smile

The Who just plain rock
Jethro is pretty OK. Not my favorite but not too shabby
Talking Heads is another solid selection

The only concert I made it to this summer was the Doobies @ the Woodland Park Zoo Concert Series. It was a DAMN fine show. Full line up packed stage. Who knew you could rock out at the zoo? I highly recommend it if you have the means.

#939200 - 09/17/15 08:11 PM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: NickD90]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
More hate wink

Oasis
Fleetwood Mack
Tom Petty
Jimmy Buffet
Jefferson Starship
Taylor Swift
Bieber
Kanye West
Hootie and the Blowfish
Moody Blues

#939213 - 09/17/15 09:56 PM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: fish4brains]
CedarR Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Olympia, WA
Fourteen pages and no one has hated on Milli Vanilli...get serious!

#939220 - 09/17/15 11:17 PM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: RobertF
Originally Posted By: Sol Duc
Hey Robertf, how many forms of metal are there? I've heard of thrash,speed,death, any others?

Yeah. As far as the main subgenres,you have:

Doom Metal
Black Metal
Speed Metal
Death Metal
Thrash Metal
Stoner Metal
British heavy Metal
Grindcore
Viking Metal
Mathcore
Sludge
Gothic Metal
Nu Metal
Rap/Metal
Prog Metal
That Glam Hair metal crap
Metal Core
Industrial
Shred
Power Metal
And whatever other labels get put on things these days

Good gravy, no idea there are so many. You are the "go to guy" for music knowledge on PP. I love the crunchy stuff the best.

- Albert Einstein.

#939221 - 09/17/15 11:20 PM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: Steelspanker
No Fleetwood Mac?

What other band could pull off a two chord song and still make you want to f*** Stevie Nicks at the same time? Jeez.

10-4

- Albert Einstein.

#939227 - 09/18/15 12:52 AM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: Sol Duc]
OneMoreCast Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Auburn
Nirvana

Heroine is a motherfucker.

#939230 - 09/18/15 07:58 AM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: fish4brains]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: fish4brains
More hate wink

Oasis
Fleetwood Mack
Tom Petty
Jimmy Buffet
Jefferson Starship
Taylor Swift
Bieber
Kanye West
Hootie and the Blowfish
Moody Blues

Just shows there's no explaining taste in music when you hate Fleetwood Mack, Jimmy Buffet, and Jefferson Starship. None of these would be near the top of lists of best bands or musicians, but they have produced a lot of good music enjoyed by millions.

For example, Jimmy Buffet is an OK guitar player, an OK singer, but is an outstanding marketer. I can see that, but the music world would also be a poorer place without Margarittaville and A Pirate Looks at 40, along with a few others.

#939233 - 09/18/15 08:07 AM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: OneMoreCast]
RobertF
Unregistered

Ok how can anyone hate the Rolling Stones seriously? Especially the albums with Mick Taylor.

And for those hating on Fleetwood Mac,which band? The one with Buckingham/Nicks that sold multi millions of records or the one with Peter Green which was fkn awesome? I can't hate on either .

But to each their own I guess. I have a very open mind musically. But when you suck you suck. Like these people:

Matchbox 20
Richard Marx
Don Henley
Motley Crue(come on musically?they are rotten)
Danzig
REM(I want to punch Michael Stipe in his whiny face!!!!)
Elvis Costello*yawn*

Let's talk about REM. College radio. What a fkn joke. What a [Bleeeeep!] horrible whiny depressing band. I want to light myself on fire whenever I hear them. I can't see anything redeeming about them. Bunch of hideous sucked up sickly looking bastards playing mandolin suicide music. They could possibly be the worst band ever.

#939235 - 09/18/15 08:14 AM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: Sol Duc]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

". . . mandolin suicide music . . ."

That Robert F appears to know a thing or two about what music is and what it isn't.

#939247 - 09/18/15 10:48 AM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: ]
CedarR Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Olympia, WA
Dontcha think there should be a mandatory retirement age for old rockers? Maybe 59, 62, or whenever they draw their first social security check. They could still work and keep their benefits, as long as they played in an assisted living facility, or any VA managed institution. Some of these fogeys are going to keep at it until they die tragically in an onstage accident involving their mobility device. That will sadden and disappoint everyone in the audience, but the NASCAR fans.

Musically speaking, it's kinda like what Jay Leno once observed, "Old geezers can make love last all night, BUT who wants to make love to an old geezer all night!"

#939249 - 09/18/15 11:11 AM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: Sol Duc]
FleaFlickr02 Offline
River Nutrients

I have a lot in common with a bunch of you, but it's interesting to me that just about everyone named a band I like a lot as one of "the worst." Just goes to show how truly subjective art appreciation is.

For example, f4b's list had me nodding quite a bit, but somehow, Tom Petty makes his list, and I think Tom Petty has been really good for a really long time (though I didn't much care for his music as a youngster). RobertF's list was more or less right on for me, except for Elvis Costello and REM. Elvis Costello and the Attractions are one act I'm very sorry I wasn't able to witness live in the 70s. Costello was a solid guitarist, vocalist, and lyricist, and brothers Bruce and Pete Thomas were one of the strongest rhythm sections around, for my money. There's a live album, which may have only been available with the box set that came out in the 90s, that was recorded somewhere in Canada in 1978, that is anything but boring (my opinion, of course). Of course, I also like the albums from that time period, so.... REM, who were never my favorite, I believe made a lot of melodic, creative, original music, which is more than I can say for what I would consider a bad band. That said, I agree that Michael Stipe is a whiner... which brings me to a point:

I think frontmen (or frontwomwen) are the most polarizing factor in whether or not a lot of us like a band. There was a time in my life when I lamented how much credit and attention singers got versus the "real" musicians (I'm a drummer, so I have a bit of a street cred complex). I've since developed a better appreciation for what singers do, but looking back, I think singers, being the personality most openly expressed in the band, have done the most to mold my initial opinion of a given band. At least in the case of popular music, if a singer rubs you wrong, regardless of the reason, you're probably not going to be too fond of the band, since it's almost impossible to filter vocals out of recorded music.

#939255 - 09/18/15 12:43 PM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: FleaFlickr02]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Most shocking to me is someone mentioned Led Zepplin. Really ?

I cant stand country, maybe a small dose of Willy or Loretta,Patsy Kline. Never understood why it's so popular. crazy

- Albert Einstein.

#939257 - 09/18/15 01:01 PM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: Sol Duc]
Snake Pliskin Offline
Bead

Loc: Duvall
Country music is why God invented the I-pod....so no one else has to listen to it.

#939258 - 09/18/15 01:08 PM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: Sol Duc]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
Not bad Hank. I checked em' out as suggested. While that's not my style of music, they're pretty good and I could swing to that with a purty gal. I'll always give it shot to listen to some new tunes. Thanks,

#939262 - 09/18/15 01:28 PM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: FleaFlickr02]
Piper
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: FleaFlickr02
I have a lot in common with a bunch of you, but it's interesting to me that just about everyone named a band I like a lot as one of "the worst." Just goes to show how truly subjective art appreciation is.

For example, f4b's list had me nodding quite a bit, but somehow, Tom Petty makes his list, and I think Tom Petty has been really good for a really long time (though I didn't much care for his music as a youngster). RobertF's list was more or less right on for me, except for Elvis Costello and REM. Elvis Costello and the Attractions are one act I'm very sorry I wasn't able to witness live in the 70s. Costello was a solid guitarist, vocalist, and lyricist, and brothers Bruce and Pete Thomas were one of the strongest rhythm sections around, for my money. There's a live album, which may have only been available with the box set that came out in the 90s, that was recorded somewhere in Canada in 1978, that is anything but boring (my opinion, of course). Of course, I also like the albums from that time period, so.... REM, who were never my favorite, I believe made a lot of melodic, creative, original music, which is more than I can say for what I would consider a bad band. That said, I agree that Michael Stipe is a whiner... which brings me to a point:

I think frontmen (or frontwomwen) are the most polarizing factor in whether or not a lot of us like a band. There was a time in my life when I lamented how much credit and attention singers got versus the "real" musicians (I'm a drummer, so I have a bit of a street cred complex). I've since developed a better appreciation for what singers do, but looking back, I think singers, being the personality most openly expressed in the band, have done the most to mold my initial opinion of a given band. At least in the case of popular music, if a singer rubs you wrong, regardless of the reason, you're probably not going to be too fond of the band, since it's almost impossible to filter vocals out of recorded music.

completely spot on!!!

#939266 - 09/18/15 01:47 PM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: CedarR]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: CedarR
Dontcha think there should be a mandatory retirement age for old rockers? Maybe 59, 62, or whenever they draw their first social security check. They could still work and keep their benefits, as long as they played in an assisted living facility, or any VA managed institution. Some of these fogeys are going to keep at it until they die tragically in an onstage accident involving their mobility device. That will sadden and disappoint everyone in the audience, but the NASCAR fans.

Musically speaking, it's kinda like what Jay Leno once observed, "Old geezers can make love last all night, BUT who wants to make love to an old geezer all night!"

Not all should retire, for instance "Pink Floyd" IMO the best band of all time. Gilmour is in a class of his own....again, IMO. Any band playing at the Puyallup Fair should hang it up. :>)

- Albert Einstein.

#939269 - 09/18/15 01:52 PM Re: Popular bands that you didnt care for? [Re: Snake Pliskin]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: Snake Pliskin
Country music is why God invented the I-pod....so no one else has to listen to it.

Good one!

- Albert Einstein.

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Jordan, UncleChris
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1112 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |