Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#94153 - 08/10/00 05:06 PM Cowlitz/Anderson bar
$$B-MONEY$$ Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Eastside,Wa
I have plans to fish the cow saturday regardless just wondering how any of you have been doing? The fish are there but just like to know if they are biting with the low water. If its dead we can always fish the nasty nisc on the way home. Thanks,ia.

Vision Pro Staff
www.visionhooksandtackle.com

#94154 - 08/10/00 05:12 PM Re: Cowlitz/Anderson bar
Jim Bain Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Chehalis, Washington USA
There are fish to be caught...light line...small hooks...small bait...long leader...and have fun. As long as the sun stays off the water your in pretty good shape.

Jim

#94155 - 08/11/00 02:27 PM Re: Cowlitz/Anderson bar
$$B-MONEY$$ Offline
Returning Adult

Come on I know more of you have been fishing the zipperlip! I know its a hush hush deal down there, and very few guys fish it! But spill some beans on #'s caught not where and on what!

Vision Pro Staff

#94156 - 08/11/00 02:44 PM Re: Cowlitz/Anderson bar
Chris Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Poulsbo, Wa
Chill.... Buddy and they will post.

#94157 - 08/11/00 03:21 PM Re: Cowlitz/Anderson bar
$$B-MONEY$$ Offline
Returning Adult

I'm just kiddin' around! I getting ready to leave soon. I let you guys know how I did. Unless the fishing is really hot and the boat traffic is low.

Vision Pro Staff

#94158 - 08/11/00 05:11 PM Re: Cowlitz/Anderson bar
$$B-MONEY$$ Offline
Returning Adult

Sorry! How bout I'm and I'll.

Vision Pro Staff

#94159 - 08/11/00 08:33 PM Re: Cowlitz/Anderson bar
dcrzfitter Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tenino, wa U.S.A.
Going to be on that bar sunday myself. hoping to catch another summer run before I get going after the salmon and elk. probably be using the light line and small baits with long leaders. As for numbers I have no clue. but I could tell you my buddy landed 30 in 15 min with 3# leader if that makes you feal better. OH ya he was useing my FAMOUS secret scent.

dcrzfitter

#94160 - 08/11/00 10:56 PM Re: Cowlitz/Anderson bar
Jeffhead Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia, Washington
Come on DC,
Give up on the scent. I've been linin' up the fat chicks for a week to threaten' ya with the next time we get together on the nasty!!!LOL
Good luck on the Cow and tight lines, Jeff

#94161 - 08/11/00 11:55 PM Re: Cowlitz/Anderson bar
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Jeff,

The 'fitter has to be ready to crack soon!! A little more pressure & I'm sure he'll spew out every fishing secret he has amassed. You'd better be prepared though, I hear the 'fitter can take on numerous fat chicks without any visible effects. Maybe you shouold line up an Emu?!?

Hope to see you guys soon on the Nasty, or who knows where. Good luck on the Cow this weekend 'fitter, let us know how you fared.

Fish on..........

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#94162 - 08/12/00 12:42 AM Re: Cowlitz/Anderson bar
dcrzfitter Offline
Spawner

actaully you might get farther useing the slim little gals. just a lil clue. I am single after all. I might be willing to trade for a cute lil fishen partner.

dcrzfitter

#94163 - 08/13/00 10:32 PM Re: Cowlitz/Anderson bar
dcrzfitter Offline
Spawner

Well I fished it early this morning untill almost noon. had 3 in the boat and we all hooked fish. only landed 1. buck at 9# guys fishing on the B.C. did very well fishing the fast water. I hooked 1 line riping cromer that ran right up into the white water in front of B.C. and it launched into the air and spit the hook. lots of fun on the light noodle rod,had the drag just singing.

was really surprised with the light crowds. we had the Bar to our selves except for a few others that stopped in and left after awhile. only a few boats on the water. And the river is down!!! I really liked the looks of it. hope to get back one more time before I go hunting but kinda don't think it will work.

dcrzfitter

#94164 - 08/14/00 12:59 AM Re: Cowlitz/Anderson bar
$$B-MONEY$$ Offline
Returning Adult

I fished anderson bar and B.C. Saturday. Out of 4 people we bonked 7 fish and broke off about 5. We fished hard for them all day and quit by 2. Between two of us we landed 2 today. Dcrzfitter were you wearing a cowboy hat at Anderson bar? I was the guy across from you who kept yelling FISH ON and then fish off. I finally got one and left at noon. That was a chromer you hooked! Overall the fishing is fair, for some good, many others.....not so good. Had fun in the fog! and sun!

Vision Pro Staff

#94165 - 08/14/00 08:52 PM Re: Cowlitz/Anderson bar
dcrzfitter Offline
Spawner

BK,

Ya you can't mis me in my hat or truck!! LOL
And ya that was a cromer. And you must have been one of the guys that kept hooking our lines and yelling fish on and fish off when we finally broke our off the snag. strang yer fish allways were getting off at that same time? but that is how it is when fishing around several people. oh well. see you down there some day. say hi. I think I know who you were. you guys had the fish hanging on the stump behind you. and you left at 2 pm? how'd they taste? and was that lil one that guy got a salmon or was it just a really small steelie?

dcrzfitter

#94166 - 08/15/00 01:36 AM Re: Cowlitz/Anderson bar
$$B-MONEY$$ Offline
Returning Adult

Well sorry, I know the difference between head shakes and line burning off my reel and someone on the other side. Ya, I hooked the people on the other side but also had 4 fish on. Our fish were on the stumps but I didn't eat them. A friend of mine was doing a batch in the smoker so I let him have my fish for the weekend. They sould be good eaters because a lot of the fish are still real bright fish. The filets looked real orange like a summer run sould be. All the fish landed were steelhead! I did see a boot-of a springer bonked at barrier Saturday night by a young boy. We hooked a bunch of them for fun so we could sleep easier that night some of them were in O.K. shape they just didn't fight too well......alot like just a big weight and headshakes. It was fun though. Three steelhead were landed too. Might be down there next weekend in a sled if bouy 10 isn't poppin'.

Vision Pro Staff

#94167 - 08/15/00 03:13 AM Re: Cowlitz/Anderson bar
Hohwaiian Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle, Washington, US
BK was that you walking out from the intake with two chromers and a noodle rod last week?

#94168 - 08/15/00 02:32 PM Re: Cowlitz/Anderson bar
$$B-MONEY$$ Offline
Returning Adult

Hoh you know who I am. lol So whats up with going to the Hoh, I called you last night? And ya that was me! LOL

Vision Pro Staff

#94169 - 08/15/00 06:38 PM Re: Cowlitz/Anderson bar
Matt S. Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Northwest
where is Anderson bar? Is it upstream of Toledo?

#94170 - 08/15/00 10:14 PM Re: Cowlitz/Anderson bar
dcrzfitter Offline
Spawner

BK,
Wow 7 fish. I know we should have stayed longer. But we had to get going. Those fish were nice and bright. I didn't mean to sound like a *****. I just think it is funny when a person on the other side of the river hooks some one on the other side and starts yelling fish on and pumping away and fighting it and then when one brakes free of the snag the fish gets off. maybe it wasn't you but I've seen it happen many times on many rivers. it's even funny when I am the one with the fish on. but after a few times you learn the dif.

maybe see you down there again this weekend. i think I am going to try it maybe one more weekend before hunting season.

oh ya what was it that you guys got yer fish on. we tried a few dif things but the only thing we got hits on was eggs with chartruse corkies and red yarn.

dcrzzfitter

#94171 - 08/15/00 11:15 PM Re: Cowlitz/Anderson bar
Chris Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Poulsbo, Wa
I floated from blue creek to mission and my fishing partner got one. I fished Anderson bar and i wasn't that impressed. I saw 2 people hook up and loose in 2 hours....

Chris

#94172 - 08/16/00 12:32 AM Re: Cowlitz/Anderson bar
$$B-MONEY$$ Offline
Returning Adult

fitter, I really get a kick out of f*%king with people when I see I'm hung up with them. I've made many people call false FISH-ONs, I like to give them big headshakes then a little slack then some headshakes, normally gets em' every time. Saturday we got 7 fish for 4 people. Sunday only 2 of us and 2 fish. Funny thing is I didn't fish that piece of water all day Saturday.

Vision Pro Staff

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
m_ray, Str8nr
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (OLD FB), 216 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |