Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#94259 - 08/22/00 02:02 PM Re: Elk Hunting
Osprey Offline
Spawner

Loc: Osprey Acres /Olympja
I'm sorry TM I just reread my post, I don't see anything that was address in a negative manner to anyone??? about lack of production ,weather or not i get a kill doesn't matter to me I just like to be out.All I said was there was too hunters in the Bethel area...did I miss something
or did you mean to address it to someone else
------------------
Row Quietly and fish a Cataraft }<<(('>----<'))>>{
Release all Wild Fish

[This message has been edited by Osprey (edited 08-22-2000).]

#94260 - 08/22/00 07:08 PM Re: Elk Hunting
steelyhorn hunter Offline
Smolt

Loc: eastside
Lastcast, the area you are talking about is the glass cr. area( I think). Yes they were doing some logging in there. However, I was up in there earlier and didn't see any new roads built.They just used the same old existing ones..Also, I think that particular logger has moved his operation over in to the cowiche/tampico area.. Osprey, I think timberman was confusing you with me..I'm the one who questioned his earlier statements. Also, Timberman my neighbor is the outfitter who has the rights to that area(basically everything between the two passes plus some more). I'm quite certain he hasn't used any camps in that area as he maintains most of his hunters up in the bumping with a few satillite camps in the upper regions of both the north fork and the south fork the rattlesnake.However, I will most certainly ask him the next time we talk. I'm sorry if I offended you but your post sounded like you got at least 5 bulls every year. When I read that I thought/knew that was immpossible. I don't like to call B.S. on any buddy unless I know alittle bit about them but sometimes you have to make exceptions..

#94261 - 08/23/00 01:12 AM Re: Elk Hunting
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Stumpy Acres
Sorry O I was talking to Horn hunter....What I said was between 8 men we always had at least 5 bulls by season end..My dad has hunted the same area for 35yrs and has only went home empty handed 7 yrs of those..This was an unbeleivable area that is why it angers me that it has been taken over by guides....TM

#94262 - 08/23/00 05:24 PM Re: Elk Hunting
Smolt

Timberman, I'm still alittle confused? Paul Wilson is the outfitter for the entire area incluyding the one you described. He only runs a very small amount of gun hunters in a season. Last year I think he guided 3 rifle hunters who had branch bull tags(maybe only 2 I'm not sure).. He does offer some drop camps that a few people take advantage of but most people aren't willing to fork over any money to just hunt spikes!! The only time I have seen an outfitter run wild up here was when Gene Morgan(from your side of the hill) was hauling hunters up Union Cr. and lining up the ridges with camps that weren't in very strategical places..If an outfitter cut a trail into an area that was only two miles from a road he'd have to have been an idiot!! My guess is if what you said happened, it was probably done by some privates. I've seen some real Einsteins over the years camp in the most stupid spots!!!!

#94263 - 08/23/00 09:23 PM Re: Elk Hunting
lester Offline
Smolt

Loc: west richland,wa benton
Isn't there a elk hunting website?lester

#94264 - 08/23/00 10:42 PM Re: Elk Hunting
elmtree Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: spanaway,wash, 98387us
Lester;
everyone of these people whom write about bow
hunting for elk on the thread are avid salmon/steelhead fisher-people also.

as to the validity of this thread, well Osprey, is this going over the 100 mark also.

We had better be getting some fine reports as the seasons open and the meat falls to the ground from all of you elk-heads.

------------------
elmtree (woody)

#94265 - 08/23/00 10:59 PM Re: Elk Hunting
Dick Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Sequim WA
Anyone know anything about the Bumping unit(356)? Any imformation would be well appreciated.

------------------
Tight Lines!!

#94266 - 08/23/00 11:18 PM Re: Elk Hunting
Smolt

****, you ask the question and I'll answer as best I can..Lester, go to monstermulies.com. There are acouple of informal boards their. The mule deer board gets the majority of the action. I visit it from time to time, take a look

[This message has been edited by steelyhorn hunter (edited 08-23-2000).]

#94267 - 08/23/00 11:47 PM Re: Elk Hunting
lester Offline
Smolt

If everyone on this BB wrote about their other hobbies it would no longer be piscatorial pusuits now would it.lester

#94268 - 08/24/00 10:20 AM Re: Elk Hunting
Osprey Offline
Spawner

Sorry to offend you Les ,but with all the BS posts that have appeared on here in resent months,as long as post stays positive and people want to talk about the subject ...I say why not
As is always mentioned here...you don't have to respond to it...so unless you want to contribute to it ,don't respond..... thats all ,there are topics on here that are'nt always related to fishing???
I didn't start this post with the idea it would grow to this ,But obviously some people are interested and some aren't those that are not don't even read them...I can't beleive I'm justifying this to anyone......But hey I get to fish for Salmon from camp does'nt that count

------------------
Release all Wild Fish

[This message has been edited by Osprey (edited 08-24-2000).]

#94269 - 08/24/00 10:26 AM Re: Elk Hunting
elmtree Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: spanaway,wash, 98387us
Brag, brag, brag, boost, boost boost, Osprey is that all you ever do?

Good luck on the up coming season, hope to hook up this year later on the nasty or just around.

------------------
elmtree (woody)

#94270 - 08/24/00 09:14 PM Re: Elk Hunting
dcrzfitter Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tenino, wa U.S.A.
YA!!!

don't like it don't klick it. it is clear from the title that it's a non fishing sub. ok I'm off my soap box.

6 days until we leave to set up camp and do a little last min scouting. I can't hardly wate to fling some auluminium!!!!

dcrzfitter

#94271 - 08/24/00 09:37 PM Re: Elk Hunting
Chuckn'Duck Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: West of Eden
I'm just elated that all the hunters on this board will be whacking the [Bleeeeep!] out of mammals this fall and not fish. I might finally catch one.

#94272 - 08/24/00 11:13 PM Re: Elk Hunting
lester Offline
Smolt

Osprey,
Your bulletin didn't offend me,I too am a Hunter.It would be a shame if this turned into a BB where you have to wade thru a bunch of "junk mail" to get to the
fishing articles.Every non-fishing article bumps a fishing article of the BB just that much sooner.Do we draw the line somewhere or just let this BB get watered down with everyones own personal pursuits?Obviuosly you Elk Hunters aren't going to agree with me and thats OK.Ballroom Dancing anyone?lester

#94273 - 08/25/00 12:32 AM Re: Elk Hunting
Dick Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Sequim WA
Hey Lester the Big One and Fishgal hunt also. If you don't like the post don't click on it. It might be nice if the Big One would consider a part of this site for hunting also. Just a thought.

------------------
Tight Lines!!

[This message has been edited by **** (edited 08-24-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Dick (edited 08-24-2000).]

#94274 - 08/25/00 10:50 AM Re: Elk Hunting
Osprey Offline
Spawner

Thanks for the support guys ...you too Woody I don't think Bob needs to create a hunting section on the board, just look at all the topics now I think this is the only hunting topic going.
So as long as guys reply and keep asking each other questions, I'm in.
I need help Guys ....lately I've been dreaming about Elk....not just any elk.....Big...dark horned...sreaming muthers with glowing eyes,when he bugles I feel the ground shake under my feet ......God I'm sick really sick...Oh well....could be worse could be Emus:

------------------
Release all Wild Fish

#94275 - 08/25/00 01:54 PM Re: Elk Hunting
CedarR Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Olympia, WA
Youngsters back in school,
Hunters hiking in the hills.
Fishers chasing fall chinook,
While mothers work to pay the bills.
Can't you just imagine what it'll be like--
on the golf course!

Sorry "bout that, Lester(and Longfellow).

#94276 - 08/27/00 06:46 PM Re: Elk Hunting
lester Offline
Smolt

Okay then where can I shoot a turkey in Klickitat County!lester

#94277 - 08/28/00 01:41 AM Re: Elk Hunting
dcrzfitter Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tenino, wa U.S.A.
got a new bugle. its the Berry Thunder. I'm really starting to like it. this time next week I will know what that big bull in Ospreys dreams thinks of it. I am getting that same fealing Osprey!!! I just can't take the wate much longer. the last few nights I shot I was shooting the best I have in years. and now with some new toys I really feal like it's time to get my first elk. I also shoot with no pins but this year I have went to a release. with the bows now days being so short I was really fighting to get my arrows to fly right. but now they are flying like a dream and I am ready to kill!

we are leaving Wed. after work to set up camp and get some stands up and find the animals for opening day.

good luck

dcrzfitter

#94278 - 08/28/00 12:26 PM Re: Elk Hunting
Osprey Offline
Spawner

Hey Crazy,I know how you feel,I have have been a arrow flingin fool lately also,I use a call made by Wayne Carlton it works great, not only have I bugled in my share of Bulls it seams to work on all in dogs on surrounding properties out here in the country also,last year I called in rag horn by just wistleing a single high pitch he resonded and I kept calling till he showed ,from there it became a sad story
You shoot a release with out pins or peep thats a new one..by hey what ever works for you...,I will also be leaving Weds,I think Mrs. Osprey is ready for me to go,after running around the house in my new camo and using my new cow in heat scent on the family Chocolate Lab hey she seams to likes it hope it works on the bull
Good luck my friend .....tight lines and tight groups....

------------------
Release all Wild Fish

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (stonefish), 1060 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645293 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |