THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#944055 - 11/29/15 06:25 PM Re: Official 2015 SRC Smack Talk Thread! [Re: Canyon Man]
Dee Offline
Parr

Loc: Seattle
Anybody got an open seat? I'm still looking to get on a team. Will bring booze and current river intel.

Dee

#944155 - 12/01/15 12:02 PM Re: Official 2015 SRC Smack Talk Thread! [Re: Canyon Man]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
The weather is lookin' kinda ugly.....

Might be one of those years where we all pile up on firewood, whiskey, and spark plugs......

First Annual SRC Plunking Event!

I can't even imagine the chaos that would ensue on a bell ringer!

rofl

#944157 - 12/01/15 12:40 PM Re: Official 2015 SRC Smack Talk Thread! [Re: The Moderator]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Railroad spikes for the win !

Plenty of idle plunker time for drinkin and spudgunnin'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKtrzd16C5U

#944222 - 12/02/15 07:31 PM Re: Official 2015 SRC Smack Talk Thread! [Re: Canyon Man]
Jaydee Offline
2010 SRC Champion!

Loc: Paradise City!
Tilt one back for Team annilNated tomorrow night. Will try to be back next year. Cheers!

#944390 - 12/06/15 01:37 PM Re: Official 2015 SRC Smack Talk Thread! [Re: Canyon Man]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

A smaller but dedicated group invaded Forks for the 2015 Snoopy Rod Classic. The weather was the big story this year, as a system dumped a lot of water in the area. An existing slide on the Bogi meant that the river was completely puked for us to fish on for Friday. The copious quantity of water also meant that the Calawah and Sol Duc were questionable at best, let alone not a real option to row for most of the teams.

Not to be deterred, we all got together at the Bogi House on Thursday evening, drank a few cocktails, at some good food and only agreed to meet at the Cafe at 8:00 for a late breakfast and go from there. In the meantime, Chad aka Suck it, aka Bagel Dog, managed to bluff his way as the victor of the SRC Poker Tournament and walked away with a nice batch of jigs.

Friday morning rolled around and after an hour and half breakfast, it was decide to open up the event as a free for all. Any hatchery salmon or hatchery steelhead on any river. That meant that some teams hit the Sol Duc in search of a clipped coho, some teams him the Calawah for a steelhead, some times hit the Bogey for the first annual "get spooled at the mouth of the creek" plunking event, and other teams went south to "Squaw Valley" and to the Creek that is Cooked.

At the end of the day, the results were mixed and expected. Bob's team managed to hook several steelhead, but walked out with the only LEGIT hatchery steelhead of the tournament. Delbert pulled an SRC first and involuntarily long-beach released his steelhead. Team ChuckS hit the Bogi creek mouth and found out what happens when you hook steelhead that instantly turn and run in to super fast heavy water. Team TBird hit the upper Duc and brought home the only clipped coho of the event. Team CanyonMan and Team Squaw Valley Sucks went South and came back with a pile of Cook Creek tribal brats. TeamCanyon Man did officially come back 3 minutes past the 5:30 deadline.

*Biggest steelheadwent to CanyonMan. 8 lbs. something ouches. (*)Tribal Caught

*Team Award went to newly renamed Team Squaw Valley SUCKS. They had 10 steelhead with their largest in the 7 pounds. (*) Tribal Caught.

Team Ball showed up with the only LEGIT steelhead also in the 6-7 pound range.

Team TBird showed up with the only clipped hatchery coho.

Need to shout out a special thank you to all of the SRC sponsors!

3 Rivers
Rvrfshr
ColeyG
Twitch
mike@northbend
Delbert
ChuckS
BnR

Even though it was a smaller crowd, we still managed to raise something over $1,000 for the Gracie family.

#944433 - 12/07/15 10:40 AM Re: Official 2015 SRC Smack Talk Thread! [Re: Canyon Man]
Beezer Offline
Spawner

Loc: Monroe WA
Thanks Chuck S, team SKY VALLEY will savor the win.....again. Maybe next year we'll win one for the thumb. Too bad you couldn't have been a part of it....

Beezer

#944445 - 12/07/15 01:33 PM Re: Official 2015 SRC Smack Talk Thread! [Re: Canyon Man]
Canyon Man Offline
The Golden Child

Loc: Bothell, WA U.S.A.
Although the participation did suffer due to the weather, the diehards that made it to SRC 2015 had as great a time as ever! I also want to personally thank our sponsors listed above and the committed group that braved the elements to make this annual event happen. Like Chuck S said, I will never look at a bagel dog or watch the Deadliest Catch the same EVER again.

The committee is hoping that SRC 2016 will have an expanded field with many new targets....I mean participants smile! If you want to put together a team please PM Kev, Parker, Bob, or myself for consideration. Although we cannot guarantee everyone a spot, we will be offering some new teams a chance to show the vets how it's done. The house is already reserved and we look forward to ma nature giving us a break and letting us back on the home waters of the Bogey!

Until next year...Team Squaw Valley Sucks and the Coveted Green Jacket resides in MY closet....my garage closet that is!

CM
Your Insurance Professional

#944588 - 12/09/15 05:53 PM Re: Official 2015 SRC Smack Talk Thread! [Re: Canyon Man]
Idaho Mike Offline
Carcass

Loc: Post Falls Idaho
Parker or Canyon Man, no one got back to me on where to send the Elite 7 HDI. Leaving town here this weekend, for two weeks. Send me the address so I can get it off to you for the fund raiser. My email is: wldfshmike@hotmail.com. Lowrance is actually the sponsor of this donation. The company allowed me to keep some of the West Marine display units to donate to charitable causes.

Mike

#944601 - 12/09/15 10:31 PM Re: Official 2015 SRC Smack Talk Thread! [Re: Canyon Man]
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
Has anyone heard from Twitch either? I sent him a message about my prize pack of jigs for taking second place at the SRC Poker Tournament, but I haven't heard anything from him yet?

#944622 - 12/10/15 12:19 PM Re: Official 2015 SRC Smack Talk Thread! [Re: Canyon Man]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

PM sent to you Mike.

4Salt - I've sent out of FB message to Eric.

PM me your contact info and I'll pass it along to Eric.

#944724 - 12/12/15 01:35 AM Re: Official 2015 SRC Smack Talk Thread! [Re: Canyon Man]
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
He got back to me Paker... thanks!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Carcassman, Clipfin, Danny Clyde, Dannyboy, dk1948, Twitch
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 903 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645361 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |