THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#948762 - 01/26/16 12:09 AM Re: Wynoochee....7400 Line, WDFW Purchase [Re: DrifterWA]
eswan Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Bummer. Too bad there's no steelhead groups that lease land and give back to sportsmans. Or some wealthy fella that'll get the lease and sell keys.

#948766 - 01/26/16 05:25 AM Re: Wynoochee....7400 Line, WDFW Purchase [Re: DrifterWA]
bob r Offline
Returning Adult

What?! A timber company acting all greedy? Unheard of! I would rather see it shut off then sell keys to a bunch of inclusive P.O.S. Bob R

#948772 - 01/26/16 07:07 AM Re: Wynoochee....7400 Line, WDFW Purchase [Re: DrifterWA]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline
My Area code makes me cooler than you

If timber companies instead of developers owned all the stream banks we would have a ton more fish.

I say lock it up and plant trees.

That being said I do feel sorry for my friends who chose to base their careers in the area because of the great fishing once offered.

#948776 - 01/26/16 08:41 AM Re: Wynoochee....7400 Line, WDFW Purchase [Re: Met'lheadMatt]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
Originally Posted By: Met'lheadMatt
As of last Friday, It looked like a no go. Green Diamond told the dept, they changed thier minds and want to lease it instead of sell it. Grant money can only be used for purchase. It was thru to the point of public testimony, and they changed the game. So when I talked to the dept last week, they did not know where it was headed.......

WOW!!!!! Now that is a change......Positive side, evens out the access for power boats...during periods of "runable water", like right now.

Would be a "walk in" area during the summer months...

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#948780 - 01/26/16 10:05 AM Re: Wynoochee....7400 Line, WDFW Purchase [Re: DrifterWA]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
I think the WDFW is looking at this in a small way. Blake has been working on getting money for the purchase of the 7400 line as well as the Beaver Slide put in. This is being done through the supplemental capital budget process. One roadblock on the process is representative Tharinger. Please contact him to have him put the funds into the capital budget.

https://app.leg.wa.gov/pbc/memberEmail/24/2

That way if Green Diamond does decide to go through with the sale, WDFW has the funding needed.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#948820 - 01/26/16 03:11 PM Re: Wynoochee....7400 Line, WDFW Purchase [Re: Met'lheadMatt]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Originally Posted By: Met'lheadMatt
Grant money can only be used for purchase.

Are you certain of that?

The USFWS non traditional section 6 conservation grant program CAN be used to secure conservation easements.

Under eligible projects in the WWRP page it says "Acquisition includes the purchase of perpetual interest in real property or non-perpetual interests such as leases and easements."

An easement can be perpetual, or it can be for a fixed period of time, with renewals, like a lease.

The state then would be required to manage the easement for the duration of the term of the easement.

#948825 - 01/26/16 04:21 PM Re: Wynoochee....7400 Line, WDFW Purchase [Re: DrifterWA]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

OK, ok, I give........been up and down the Wynoochee River for many years.....where the heck is the Beaver Slide put in??????? Maybe its at a place that others call some else??????

#948828 - 01/26/16 04:43 PM Re: Wynoochee....7400 Line, WDFW Purchase [Re: Dogfish]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Dogfish
[quote=Met'lheadMatt]
An easement can be perpetual, or it can be for a fixed period of time, with renewals, like a lease.

The state then would be required to manage the easement for the duration of the term of the easement.

WDFW has chosen NOT to do this. There were places on the Humptulips, the Wynoochee and the Satsop, that active partition on part of the Agency...public would have many access points, "on 99 year leases".

Hope WDFW can get it done????? I just don't see much wiggle room in the State budget for anything, UNTIL the School funding Court mandated, is fully taken care of. Kids should come 1st, they are the leaders of tomorrow.

#948830 - 01/26/16 05:17 PM Re: Wynoochee....7400 Line, WDFW Purchase [Re: DrifterWA]
FleaFlickr02 Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: DrifterWA
OK, ok, I give........been up and down the Wynoochee River for many years.....where the heck is the Beaver Slide put in??????? Maybe its at a place that others call some else??????

The Beaver Slide is aptly named, although I've never seen a beaver on it. It's basically a trail through the woods that comes out at the bottom of the Wynoochee Gorge. It's really not much of a put-in for anything larger than a pontoon, but I've seen guys beat the crap out of a drift boat on it. I'm sure you'd know the place if I showed you on a map (I will NOT be posting a map, just in case it gets opened up again some day).

#948832 - 01/26/16 06:00 PM Re: Wynoochee....7400 Line, WDFW Purchase [Re: DrifterWA]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

The annual cost of negotiating a lease is generally fairly small compared to a lump sum payment. Also, the grant monies help reduce out of pocket costs.

Does anyone know the the structure of the lease as proposed by GD?

#948845 - 01/26/16 07:03 PM Re: Wynoochee....7400 Line, WDFW Purchase [Re: DrifterWA]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Thanks for the information..........I fished an area, with Larry Eddlemen, back in the mid 80's. We put his drift boat in waaaay above Sheafer Ck., there was no 7400 bridge, and I remember roping that boat down a long steep hill.

We did that float a few times, summer time, never saw anyone the whole way to White Bridge. I've posted many times, how beautiful the Wynoochee River is.....always upset me, to have this river closed, last winter closing was terrible.

#948848 - 01/26/16 07:31 PM Re: Wynoochee....7400 Line, WDFW Purchase [Re: DrifterWA]
farmed it Offline
Alevin

Loc: Steelhead Ln
Its by save creek. Or at least that is the old usgs station I would check before fishing. Did they change the USGS station? You want a long rope. Been 10 plus years since I have fished it. A little more technical than the lower river. Beautiful water. Don't bring bait. Drifter that would be a helluva long float in summer flows.

#948851 - 01/26/16 07:43 PM Re: Wynoochee....7400 Line, WDFW Purchase [Re: DrifterWA]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
We never used a rope, and launched a db there without much hassle other than getting the bow under the big fir tree that used to lay across the slide.

Haven't done that drift in a few years, though.

The gamies keep a pretty good eye on that stretch though, so don;t bring bait, and don't fish from your boat.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#948853 - 01/26/16 07:47 PM Re: Wynoochee....7400 Line, WDFW Purchase [Re: DrifterWA]
bankbum Offline
Spawner

Doesn't matter much anymore unless we can get some access!

#948854 - 01/26/16 07:49 PM Re: Wynoochee....7400 Line, WDFW Purchase [Re: DrifterWA]
Roy Otis Offline
Juvenile at Sea

The fishing from a boat restriction went away a few years ago. The bait stuff is still in place though.

#948855 - 01/26/16 07:52 PM Re: Wynoochee....7400 Line, WDFW Purchase [Re: DrifterWA]
farmed it Offline
Alevin

So what happened to the Save Creek USGS station?

#948858 - 01/26/16 07:55 PM Re: Wynoochee....7400 Line, WDFW Purchase [Re: DrifterWA]
farmed it Offline
Alevin

If its icy, you want a rope.

#948867 - 01/26/16 08:46 PM Re: Wynoochee....7400 Line, WDFW Purchase [Re: farmed it]
Eric Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: farmed it
So what happened to the Save Creek USGS station?

Nothing. It's still there.

Wish I could say the same for the access.

#948877 - 01/26/16 10:04 PM Re: Wynoochee....7400 Line, WDFW Purchase [Re: DrifterWA]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Back in the day.....NO BAIT restrictions, no float/jigs.....plugging, spinners, and sand shrimp/eggs was the standard. Early put in, before 4 a.m., if we got to Carter Ck. and there was a couple of boat trailers, we just floated out...cast spinners and cast bait......those were the days!!!!

No cell phones, no internet, actual not many computers, not many people even fished summer run.....fewer drift boat for the whole summer, than I see in one weekend now. Xhit, 30+ years has flown by, so glad my career allowed me the summer off, fished lots, every day, day light until about 9.

Edited by DrifterWA (01/26/16 10:34 PM)

#948890 - 01/27/16 07:39 AM Re: Wynoochee....7400 Line, WDFW Purchase [Re: DrifterWA]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline
My Area code makes me cooler than you

Yup the good old days back before AIDS.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Jose, sky
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (fp), 183 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |