Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#948871 - 01/26/16 09:09 PM Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread [Re: NickD90]
dwatkins Offline
I'm Idaho!

This is a toss up for me, instinct says Charlotte but it is really hard to rule out Colorado's D. I will wait a few before I pick.

#948872 - 01/26/16 09:09 PM Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread [Re: NickD90]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

number 1 defenses are 9-2 in the SB....

plus they have Peyton....

Miller worked Bradys OL hard, dont think he wont do the same to sCam....

#948873 - 01/26/16 09:14 PM Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread [Re: NickD90]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
I mostly agree with you except the part about the Seattle D being better than the Denver D (it's a hard pill to swallow I know, but this year...they are not. See facts). I do agree that it's D v. D and the O settles it in Carolina's favor. If I had a gun to my head and was forced to take it straight up...I'd go Carolina. But at the same time, the best D has won 9-2 in the last SB's - so anything can happen.

Ponder this. 2 years ago, ya'll insisted that the Seahawk D was going to destroy the #1 O in Denver. That's exactly happened and everyone crowed "defense wins championships". What's happened since then may I ask? Don't say Cam Newton. Denver scored 606 pts in 2013 which is WAY MORE than Carolina this year @ 500 pts. That's 106 pts or 6.625 pts / game difference. 606 is the most all time points scored in a season. Ever. Don't say "well it was the 2013 Hawks D that was superior". Denver has the same or better D stats wise THIS year than the 2013 Hawks (and definitely the 2015 version). IMO - It's same...same more or less.

So we are back to "d wins the ship", which is what I'm banking on. I totally respect Pants picks though if that's what you feel going into it. It's going to be tough - no doubt.

Edited by NickD90 (01/26/16 09:19 PM)

#948874 - 01/26/16 09:28 PM Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread [Re: NickD90]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
I'm just trying to prepare you for the meltdown after the game.

Denver's D is NOT better than Seattle's, and is barely better than Carolina's...........and Carolina's offense is on fire. They destroyed Seattle and Arizona, and nether of those teams are slouches.

I'll put 20 on Carolina, and I have a strange ability to kill a team's chances by betting on them. Take the gift I'm offering you, and risk 20 to all but assure a Denver SB win, Nick. You can thank me later.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#948875 - 01/26/16 09:36 PM Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread [Re: NickD90]
ReefSkunk
Unregistered

I now hate, with passion, the Carolina Panthers and Cam Newton. I hope they lose. If they don't that's Ok, a DickN90 meltdown like we saw a couple year ago will more than make up for it.

#948879 - 01/26/16 10:30 PM Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread [Re: Dan S.]
dwatkins Offline
I'm Idaho!

Originally Posted By: Dan S.

Denver's D is NOT better than Seattle's, and is barely better than Carolina's...........and Carolina's offense is on fire. They destroyed Seattle and Arizona, and nether of those teams are slouches.

I'll put 20 on Carolina, and I have a strange ability to kill a team's chances by betting on them. Take the gift I'm offering you, and risk 20 to all but assure a Denver SB win, Nick. You can thank me later.

I'll take your bet.

#948882 - 01/27/16 05:31 AM Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread [Re: dwatkins]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Loc: Vancouver, WA
I threw down on the Panties.

Now those Donks are are saying, We gonna win this for "Mr. 18"
Then Dan throws down on the Panties.

#948885 - 01/27/16 06:16 AM Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread [Re: NickD90]
NickD90 Offline

All fair and good points....

#948916 - 01/27/16 10:45 AM Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread [Re: dwatkins]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Originally Posted By: dwatkins

I'll take your bet.

Piss off, pondcrapper.

#948921 - 01/27/16 11:04 AM Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread [Re: NickD90]
FleaFlickr02 Offline
River Nutrients

What the heck. I'll just go with what I'd like to see happen:

Winnah: Broncos
Score: 24-21
LTS: Broncos

Like most, my gut says Carolina wins, but my superstitious side says after the explosion of huge defensive plays Carolina has enjoyed in the past two games [(keep in mind that a Luke Kuechly (sp?) pick six ended up being the reason the Pants escaped the Divisional round, and multiple early turnovers put the Cardinals in a huge hole)], they must be due for their good fortune to run out. Granted, those plays speak to the strength of the Carolina defense, but those things tend to come in bunches, followed by droughts.

All the talk has been about Cam, but I think he's surrounded by some great playmakers, and that's why they made it to the big one this year. If both teams play to their potential, I think Carolina eeks it out, but I'm thinking they may be due for a sub-par performance, hence the pick.

#948923 - 01/27/16 11:16 AM Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread [Re: Dan S.]
dwatkins Offline
I'm Idaho!

I'll take your bet.

Piss off, pondcrapper.

figured.

#948935 - 01/27/16 12:19 PM Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread [Re: NickD90]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

they way i see it is this...

Cam gets flusterd easy, did you see the looks on his face in the 3rd and 4th quarter of our game?

Cam has never been to the SB...

their offense didnt score a point after the 2nd quarter in our game, yet we scored how many?

Peyton has been here before, he knows the ropes...

Von is a freak..

Ware is a freak..

Wolfe is a freak..

as stated previously, the number 1 defense is 9-2 in the SB, that team just so happens to have Peyton Manning this year as their O boat captain....

this also could be Peytons last game, and very well could be one of his best....

this will be a hell of a SB, but i think defense and experience trumps rockets, high scoring, and no exp.....

#948947 - 01/27/16 01:33 PM Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread [Re: dwatkins]
Dan S. Offline

I'll take your bet.

Piss off, pondcrapper.

figured.

Figured what? That you could get 20 bucks out of me like your mom does?

Go fu.ck yourself.

#948948 - 01/27/16 01:57 PM Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread [Re: NickD90]
GutZ Offline
The Original Boat Ho

Loc: Bellevue
W:Carolina
S: 42 - 10
LTS: Carolina

This will be Peyton's last game. I hope you paid to get your add on early. This will be over before halftime.

#948971 - 01/27/16 04:53 PM Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread [Re: NickD90]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

- Albert Einstein.

#948972 - 01/27/16 04:55 PM Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread [Re: NickD90]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

old news, Al Jazeera is the one that reported it, then, shortly after they cough fvcked the pooch, cough, they closed their US offices....

it was sent to his wife....

#948973 - 01/27/16 04:56 PM Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: Chuck S.
Originally Posted By: NickD90
I mostly agree with you except the part about the Seattle D being better than the Denver D (it's a hard pill to swallow I know, but this year...they are not. See facts). I do agree that it's D v. D and the O settles it in Carolina's favor. If I had a gun to my head and was forced to take it straight up...I'd go Carolina. But at the same time, the best D has won 9-2 in the last SB's - so anything can happen.

Ponder this. 2 years ago, ya'll insisted that the Seahawk D was going to destroy the #1 O in Denver. That's exactly happened and everyone crowed "defense wins championships". What's happened since then may I ask? Don't say Cam Newton. Denver scored 606 pts in 2013 which is WAY MORE than Carolina this year @ 500 pts. That's 106 pts or 6.625 pts / game difference. 606 is the most all time points scored in a season. Ever. Don't say "well it was the 2013 Hawks D that was superior". Denver has the same or better D stats wise THIS year than the 2013 Hawks (and definitely the 2015 version). IMO - It's same...same more or less.

So we are back to "d wins the ship", which is what I'm banking on. I totally respect Pants picks though if that's what you feel going into it. It's going to be tough - no doubt.

Nick,

Think about this:

Carolina has 80 points in the last 2 playoff games against team who "supposedly" also had good defenses....

not 18,27, or even 48.

end of story........

Cluck jumped ship from the dullfins and now has Cams nuts resting on his chin...TFF.

- Albert Einstein.

#948974 - 01/27/16 04:58 PM Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread [Re: NickD90]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

they almost lost to the Saints, almost lost to the Giants, DID lose to the Falcons, and none of those teams are as good as Denver....

40 ppg im 2 games all of a sudden makes them experienced? how many playoff games does Manning have? that was my point....

Brady and Co went 17-1 one year too....

then they lost to the Giants....

#948975 - 01/27/16 05:02 PM Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread [Re: 5 * General Evo]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: Evo
old news, Al Jazeera is the one that reported it, then, shortly after they cough fvcked the pooch, cough, they closed their US offices....

it was sent to his wife....

Peyton's arm is like a wet noodle, Panthers will dominate.

- Albert Einstein.

#948991 - 01/27/16 06:21 PM Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread [Re: NickD90]
NickD90 Offline

FYI - all picks must be made by no later than t-minus 24 hours from kickoff.

3:30 pm on 2/6 is the cutoff time & date. NO EXCEPTIONS!

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
landcruiserwilly, Tom Trune
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
3 registered (eddie, NOFISH, 1 invisible), 483 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645370 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |