#958152 - 05/31/16 09:55 PM Shrimp limits increased in MA 6 and 7 West
bushbear Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Sequim
Shrimp Limit to Increase in Washington Marine Areas 6 and 7 West

| June 1, 2016

Daily limit for shrimp to increase in Marine areas 6 and 7 west;
non-spot shrimp fishing reopening in several areas of Puget Sound

Action: The daily bag limit is increasing to 160 shrimp for all species (including spot shrimp) in Marine areas 6 and 7 West. Open daily.

In addition, Marine areas 8-1, 8-2, 9 and 11 are reopening for recreational coonstripe and pink shrimp fishing, with a 150-foot maximum fishing depth restriction. Marine Area 7 East is reopening for recreational coonstripe and pink shrimp fishing with a 200-foot maximum fishing depth restriction. And Marine Area 13 is reopening for recreational coonstripe and pink shrimp fishing with a 250-foot maximum fishing depth restriction. Open daily. All spot shrimp caught must be returned to the water immediately.

Effective date: June 1, 2016.

Species affected: All shrimp species.

Location: Marine areas 6 and 7 West (only) for the daily bag limit increase. Marine areas 7 East, 8-1, 8-2, 9, 11 and 13 for the coonstripe and pink shrimp reopening.

Reason for action: Sufficient recreational quota remains in Marine areas 6 and 7 West for raising the daily limit on a trial basis. Although the spot shrimp quotas have been reached in Marine areas 7 East, 8-1, 8-2, 9, 11 and 13 there is sufficient non-spot quota remaining to reopen.

Other information: After May 31, Marine areas 7 South and 10 are closed for the 2016 season, along with the Hood Canal and Discovery Bay Shrimp Districts (where the last open fishing day was May 30).

Contact: Mark O'Toole, La Conner, (360) 466-4345 ext. 241; or Don Velasquez, Mill Creek, (425) 775-1311 ext. 112.
- See more at: http://www.thefishingwire.com/story/376507#sthash.jF5YljBl.dpuf

#958155 - 05/31/16 10:29 PM Re: Shrimp limits increased in MA 6 and 7 West [Re: bushbear]
Piper
Unregistered

I gave up shrimping when it went to 4 days a year and the wait to launch a boat was longer than you can soak a pot...

I love this new opportunity though... do I need to buy new pots with a smaller mesh or can I use the pots in the attic of the garage that I haven't used in 8 years?

#958159 - 06/01/16 06:58 AM Re: Shrimp limits increased in MA 6 and 7 West [Re: bushbear]
bushbear Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Sequim
The current regulations (pages 138) say:

"The minimum mesh size for shrimp pots is 1" mesh, unless the area is closed for spot shrimp, but open for coonstripe and pink shrimp, then the minimum mesh size for shrimp potss is 1/2" mesh."

See page 139 for general gear rules.

#958182 - 06/01/16 12:31 PM Re: Shrimp limits increased in MA 6 and 7 West [Re: bushbear]
Larry B Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: University Place and Whidbey I...
FYI - This is an increase of the daily limit resulting from the now three year old "new" shrimp policy's expansion (return to prior level) of opportunity. That new policy was substantially crafted by an advisory group established for that sole purpose which included sport angler representatives (thanks again Ron Garner et al).

But let's not forget that the Commission pushed for the new shrimp policy AFTER the recreational anglers pushed for and obtained a better apportionment of the State's portion of Puget Sound Dungeness crab. That was a long process with the tipping point being the State Auditor's Office audit report of the then existing policy and expenditures (pushed by a State rep on behalf of a recreational constituent) which essentially opined that the current policy was not sustainable given the increased recreational demands. That led to a new P.S. Dungeness crab policy turning back the increasing commercialization of P.S. crab and reduced opportunity for recreational crabbers.

So why am I rehashing this bit of short term history? Because I am tired of hearing that "nothing can be done," that "they don't listen and don't care" and worse by some who say that they don't have time to participate and offer comments such as follows:

"fvck all you rich assholes that can take whatever day off you want to attend all your meetings to make sure your fishing areas are protected... I get 10 days off a year, and all those days are spent with my kids at a parent teacher conference, doctors appointment, or when they are sick...

the little fishermen will never be heard unless he has red skin..."

(see post #958133; http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/955674/32.html)

And yet want to jump on this increased shrimp limit without apparently understanding how it was created by those "rich assholes" attending those meetings.

It's the person who has done nothing who is sure nothing can be done. (Ewing)

#958201 - 06/01/16 06:16 PM Re: Shrimp limits increased in MA 6 and 7 West [Re: bushbear]
Piper
Unregistered

fyi larry, my post was facetious and sarcastic... I could give a $hit about shrimp anymore, the masses of people and dividing the quota to many ways fvcked it up long ago but thanks for all you efforts on the commision meetings....

I guess my rich asshole comment irritated all you "poor" assholes... well, fvck all you poor assholes... And while you're at it, fvck all you retired, unemployed and injured assholes too. If you aren't any of those assholes, then fvck you anyway...

rofl

#958206 - 06/01/16 08:06 PM Re: Shrimp limits increased in MA 6 and 7 West [Re: bushbear]
Larry B Offline
River Nutrients

Hey Piper, you exceeded my expectations. And, no, your post was just stupid.

#958220 - 06/01/16 11:18 PM Re: Shrimp limits increased in MA 6 and 7 West [Re: bushbear]
Half-Fast Offline
Fry

Loc: Marysville
Whoa, we can say fvck on here now? I've been away too long. Cool.
Fuq you fukers. I'll eat all those fvcking shrimp you poor and rich fukers don's want to eat. Fuq.
A fuking email isn't as good as being in fuqing person at a fvcking meeting, but it's better than fuking nothing.

#958221 - 06/02/16 12:02 AM Re: Shrimp limits increased in MA 6 and 7 West [Re: Half-Fast]
Larry B Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Half-Fast
Whoa, we can say fvck on here now? I've been away too long. Cool.
Fuq you fukers. I'll eat all those fvcking shrimp you poor and rich fukers don's want to eat. Fuq.
A fuking email isn't as good as being in fuqing person at a fvcking meeting, but it's better than fuking nothing.

Ha!! You one upped Piper with the additional expectation (demand?) that others actually catch the shrimp for you..... wink

Now, the next question is: boiled, grilled or sauteed? grin

And, no, I don't need to say [Bleeeeep!] to make a point. laugh

Edit: Hmmm, glad I didn't have to say ph...uk because that is one permutation that gets zapped. Oh well.

Edited by Larry B (06/02/16 12:04 AM)

#958224 - 06/02/16 05:10 AM Re: Shrimp limits increased in MA 6 and 7 West [Re: bushbear]
superfly Offline
The Renegade White Man

Loc: The Coast or the Keys !!!
this is going to get ugly, as it gets closer to the normal opener .....I see a lawsuit or straight revolt and revolution or cowboys and indians wuth the state being the [Bleeeeep!] idiots for closing it down to sportsmen who pay for those fish and its a wdfw run hatchery.......how [Bleeeeep!] stupid this state is and the new top dog a complete [Bleeeeep!] idiot.....Phil would have never let this happen...............

360-888-7772

Stay Tuned for upcoming Hunts & Fishing info...........

New website & Channel Dropping soon !

Stay tuned for Turkey, Bear & Deer Hunts Along with Guided Sport Fishing.

Book Release Prior to Christmas 2021

#958226 - 06/02/16 05:21 AM Re: Shrimp limits increased in MA 6 and 7 West [Re: ]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
Originally Posted By: Piper
fyi

I guess my rich asshole comment irritated all you "poor" assholes... well, fvck all you poor assholes... And while you're at it, fvck all you retired, unemployed and injured assholes too. If you aren't any of those assholes, then fvck you anyway...

rofl

Going to retire in 2 months, have been practicing the asshole part, haven't done well with the rich part.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#958230 - 06/02/16 08:18 AM Re: Shrimp limits increased in MA 6 and 7 West [Re: Jerry Garcia]
Piper
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Jerry Garcia

Going to retire in 2 months, have been practicing the asshole part, haven't done well with the rich part.

thumbs

congrats Jerry! hopefully you'll get to wet a line occasionally.

dont worry about the rich part, as long as you have people around you that you love and that love you back, you are the richest man in the world...

#958237 - 06/02/16 09:21 AM Re: Shrimp limits increased in MA 6 and 7 West [Re: ]
bob r Offline
Returning Adult

fyi larry, my post was facetious and sarcastic... I could give a $hit about shrimp anymore, the masses of people and dividing the quota to many ways fvcked it up long ago but thanks for all you efforts on the commision meetings....

rofl

Your post was not facitious or sarcastic, you just showed everyone on this site what kind of demented sh*thead you really are. Calling basically everyone on this site an ass*ole makes you LOTS of fans, go shoot yourself and do us all a favor. Get Bent! Bob R

#958239 - 06/02/16 09:57 AM Re: Shrimp limits increased in MA 6 and 7 West [Re: bushbear]
Piper
Unregistered

I love you too bob

#958241 - 06/02/16 10:15 AM Re: Shrimp limits increased in MA 6 and 7 West [Re: ]
bob r Offline
Returning Adult

I love you too bob

At least I'm not a moron who gives everyone on this site a reason to hate my guts. You are just a hateful, stupid person. If it's possible to make the internet even more of a hate-filled place you've succeeded. If you won't shoot yourself, at least go somewhere else to get your rocks off( since it seems that this is the only way you get a response). Bob R

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Chromeo, Colluvium, lat59, m wilson, phishkellar, TBJ
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 929 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645358 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |