Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#958263 - 06/02/16 12:44 PM Re: Skok Closure [Re: BiLLYiZME]
Jason Beezuz Offline
My Waders are Moist

Loc: PNW
Also just sayin', everything people on this board accuse Indians of doing is the [Bleeeeep!] white people are doing all the time everywhere on planet earth.

If a white guy stole your stereo would all white guys be thieves?

So why when an Indian does it are all Indians thieves?

Just remember that corporations, governments, developers et cetera get away with this type of crap all the time and people get [Bleeeeep!] and go unheard but in this case since its over fish and fishing rights and separate classes, people are paying attention and the racism comes out full force.

Maybe it's amphetamines.

#958265 - 06/02/16 12:58 PM Re: Skok Closure [Re: Jason Beezuz]
Larry B Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: University Place and Whidbey I...
Originally Posted By: Jason Beezy
Also just sayin', everything people on this board accuse Indians of doing is the [Bleeeeep!] white people are doing all the time everywhere on planet earth.

Just remember that corporations, governments, developers et cetera get away with this type of crap all the time and people get [Bleeeeep!] and go unheard but in this case since its over fish and fishing rights and separate classes, people are paying attention and the racism comes out full force.

You ignore the rather incestuous relationship between the Federal Government (Dept of Interior/BIA specifically) and the tribes.

The Federal Government signed those treaties representing the Government and its citizens while the tribal representatives signed for their citizens. But good luck trying to get the Feds to fight the tribes to ensure that the terms of said treaties are adhered to by both sides.

Edited by Larry B (06/02/16 12:58 PM)

It's the person who has done nothing who is sure nothing can be done. (Ewing)

#958266 - 06/02/16 12:59 PM Re: Skok Closure [Re: Jason Beezuz]
blackmouth Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: right place/wrong time
slap

"So it goes." Kurt Vonnegut jr.

#958267 - 06/02/16 01:07 PM Re: Skok Closure [Re: Jason Beezuz]
FleaFlickr02 Offline
River Nutrients

I tell people all the time that we taught the Tribes most of what they know about dirty dealings, so we ought not be so surprised when they start playing the game by our rules. Their first move was monopolizing gambling, and that's proved to be a pretty good one. Now that they've got money to throw around, they've become a political force to be reckoned with. The irony of how they've gotten here is quite rich. Americans are gluttons for all things sinful. The Tribes know it, and they're all too happy to let us choke ourselves to a slow death while they buy back what our ancestors took from them with the profits. Pretty good, downright Capitalistic plan, if you ask me.

#958268 - 06/02/16 01:16 PM Re: Skok Closure [Re: Salmo g.]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Originally Posted By: Salmo g.

DOI's opinion is that Skok v. France established the boundary for tidelands only, and not along the river, even though the river is tidally influenced along the reservation.

Understood. Just pointing out that the Federal government doesn't feel bound by the decision because they were not a party to the lawsuit.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#958269 - 06/02/16 01:20 PM Re: Skok Closure [Re: Larry B]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Originally Posted By: Larry B

You ignore the rather incestuous relationship between the Federal Government (Dept of Interior/BIA specifically) and the tribes.

The Federal Government signed those treaties representing the Government and its citizens while the tribal representatives signed for their citizens. But good luck trying to get the Feds to fight the tribes to ensure that the terms of said treaties are adhered to by both sides.

The BIA is supposed to error in favor of the Tribes whenever a question, ambiguity, or dispute arises.

#958272 - 06/02/16 02:16 PM Re: Skok Closure [Re: BiLLYiZME]
Krijack Online   content
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Tacoma
Its fairly clear that this is a hostile opinion. I am having a hard time wrapping my head around the statement that they are not bound by a court decision because they were not party to it. They clearly had the right to adjoin the tribe at the time and felt no need. Furthermore, as guardians for the tribes, it would only stand to reason that if they found the decision in error they would have been obligated to appeal it further. Since all claims of the BIA would have to be done under the authority as a guardian for the tribe, I fail to see their reasoning. All facts would be the same. Basically it appears the BIA is saying it could ignore the decision in France, since they were not specifically included, and give the tidelands back to the tribe. This is quite different then just saying they feel the case does not apply. Are they really saying that if Skokomish vs. France actually applies, they can just ignore it and force the state to sue for ownership,with the tribe's only claim having already been determined by the ninth circuit to be in error?

Edited by Krijack (06/03/16 10:09 AM)

#958274 - 06/02/16 02:28 PM Re: Skok Closure [Re: BiLLYiZME]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Apparently that is what they are doing.

#958275 - 06/02/16 02:47 PM Re: Skok Closure [Re: BiLLYiZME]
Krijack Online   content
Three Time Spawner

I wonder if it would be possible for the state to get a emergency or preliminary injunction on this.

#958276 - 06/02/16 02:56 PM Re: Skok Closure [Re: BiLLYiZME]
Piper
Unregistered

the skok is a cess pool... too bad WDFW didn't trade it for something better at NOF...

#958277 - 06/02/16 02:59 PM Re: Skok Closure [Re: BiLLYiZME]
Krijack Online   content
Three Time Spawner

I agree Piper, but I thought perhaps there was hope during the early season bobber only period last year. In addition, there is a fairly strong late coho and chum season that is not anything like the early chinook fishery.

Edited by Krijack (06/02/16 03:02 PM)

#958278 - 06/02/16 03:03 PM Re: Skok Closure [Re: BiLLYiZME]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
I don't fish the Skok, but it will be interesting to see how long it takes the AG to investigate the tribes claims and the BIA's opinion / ruling.
Time to write some more emails and make some calls.
SF

#958279 - 06/02/16 03:16 PM Re: Skok Closure [Re: BiLLYiZME]
Piper
Unregistered

I probably shouldn't be so hard on the skok... having it around keeps the inbred, toothless, sandbar shitters out of the good fishing area's...

I agree, it will be interesting to see this play

#958280 - 06/02/16 03:27 PM Re: Skok Closure [Re: BiLLYiZME]
Brewer Offline

Loc: in the mass production zone
this thread has 5 star potential to be a in the park home run. these days only the rich g posts ignite with such fervor.

long live the modern injun wars of the west!

#958289 - 06/02/16 05:16 PM Re: Skok Closure [Re: ]
slabhunter Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Sheltona Beach
The Green river stock gives to Canada for Alaskan take. Same thing with the chum and the pollack trawls.

#958293 - 06/02/16 08:08 PM Re: Skok Closure [Re: BiLLYiZME]
RICH G
Unregistered

Looks like sport anglers are getting no reach around any longer...

When I was a cop in La Push my sergeant showed me a Washington State law which is apparently still on the books which states; if three or more natives are seen off the reservation it is considered a war party and they can be shot on site. Have never been able to find that law in print again but thought it was pretty funny at the time, remember thinking how times have changed...

#958294 - 06/02/16 08:16 PM Re: Skok Closure [Re: BiLLYiZME]
RICH G
Unregistered

Not promoting laws like the one above by any means but there are literally thousands of laws still on the books which are thought to be outdated or no longer useful, some are really crazy laws which make no sense at all today, but some although not at all progressive and maybe a little oppressive should be researched any maybe enforced again as useful tools.

#958295 - 06/02/16 08:18 PM Re: Skok Closure [Re: BiLLYiZME]
RICH G
Unregistered

I mean if you want to enforce your sovereignty that's fine but the people of Mason County could also build a fence around your reservation and not allow you to leave, that's if you want to have your cake and eat it too, the road goes both ways and can get really stupid in a hurry.

#958297 - 06/02/16 08:28 PM Re: Skok Closure [Re: ]
Brewer Offline

Loc: in the mass production zone
Originally Posted By: RICH G
I mean if you want to enforce your sovereignty that's fine but the people of Mason County could also build a fence around your reservation and not allow you to leave, that's if you want to have your cake and eat it too, the road goes both ways and can get really stupid in a hurry.

what ^^^^ he said.

#958301 - 06/02/16 08:54 PM Re: Skok Closure [Re: The Moderator]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Originally Posted By: paker
Does this mean I have to return the new step ladder I bought for this season on the Skok?

I was looking forward to getting away from Reiter and on to a nice quiet river all to myself......

rofl

I was lookin forward to leavin a steamer on a sandbar.
Guess I'll have to stock up on straw bales and grappling hooks.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (steely slammer), 1085 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645291 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |