Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#95854 - 09/12/00 01:16 PM Toutle River silvers
fishaholic Offline
Alevin

I heard this was awesome fishery last year. Has anyone heard if they are getting any fish yet? I've been fishing the Northfork of the Lewis and have done only fair. There are alot of fish(a ton of jacks),but many of the adults have lockjaw. Also, I haven't fished the Toutle system since before the mountain blew. If someone could point me in the right direction on the general area to fish for silvers it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

#95855 - 09/14/00 06:32 PM Re: Toutle River silvers
Truckdriver Offline
Alevin

Loc: Chehalis,WA USA
Hey
Last year I guess they did really good for the fish up by the hatchery on the Toutle and that was around November I think?
I havent haerd of any reports yet this year from up there but I have heard that the mouth of the Toutle is pretty decent;last weekend saw 8 fish hooked but only one guy managed to land the fish he had. As far as getting to the Toutle where they were fishing last year head east like going towards Mt. St. Helens out of Castle Rock and go for about 20 miles or so until you reach Kid Valley and thats were they were fishing last year.

#95856 - 09/15/00 06:53 PM Re: Toutle River silvers
silverspoon-bathtub bob Offline
Parr

Loc: rochester, wa thurston
Toutle at the mouth of Green River saw 20 limits taken before noon most caught on eggs. Easy limit if you know how to drift light lead and good eggs fish up to 17lbs hatchery. Everyone got fish. And everyone was polite. Saw some fished flossed but most on straight eggs. TUB

#95857 - 09/15/00 11:17 PM Re: Toutle River silvers
Truckdriver Offline
Alevin

Loc: Chehalis,WA USA
Last night 9-14-00 went down to the mouth of the Toutle and saw a ton of fish jumping everywhere but could not get one to take my eggs. Saw some old guy there illegally hook two fish in the back and he lost one but kept the other one. What a joke; I say if the fish doesnt bite and you hook it in the back or somewhere else relase it.

#95858 - 09/17/00 12:19 AM Re: Toutle River silvers
schitzo with a berkley Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: edgewood, wa........
hey truck driver, so have ya been seein alot of people keeping illegally hooked fish? cuz ive been seeing it alot on the carbon..ive got fustrated before and jerked and hooked them, but im not into that anymore, but anyways have ya heard of the "eyes in the woods program" i think thats the name.. but anyway its where you can become a volunteer game warden and im gonna take the class..some guy told me they ticketed over 400 people on the carbon in a weekend..have ya seen anyone ticketed down there on the toutle? well have a good one ***schitzo***

#95859 - 09/21/00 11:52 PM Re: Toutle River silvers
that guy Offline
Fry

Loc: lacey
i went there today my line keeps going up river what am i doing wong.

#95860 - 09/27/00 01:10 AM Re: Toutle River silvers
dcrzfitter Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tenino, wa U.S.A.
well I'm back. got this box fixed.

The Toutle is so bizzy it isn't funny. there are fish in it and lots of snaging. I seen a guy snag,land and then take the eggs from a nice king and put her back in the water. this is the kind of stuff going on. The game warden missed him by a few min. this guys was the best snager I have ever seen!! he had it to an art and looked legal doing it. he came back later that after noon and snaged another limit of silvers. The warden knows this guy and his buds by first name. they have a rap for this stuff. and if I can help it he is going to get them.

this crowed river is a total combat zone!!

dcrzfitter

#95861 - 09/27/00 03:23 PM Re: Toutle River silvers
schitzo with a berkley Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: edgewood, wa........
hey dcrzfitter, whats been happening? i went to the toutle last saturday, dint see any fish caught, but i did pickup up about 60 corkies or so, which was cool..but im heading down to the cow this saturday (supposedly with my mums and sis) but if they dont go, you want to hook up, or unless you got other plans..i seen alot of fish rolling this year, down there..big fish too..see ya later ***schitzo***

#95862 - 09/28/00 08:08 PM Re: Toutle River silvers
dcrzfitter Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tenino, wa U.S.A.
schitzo,

shoot me an e-mail!!! I am going fishing Friday night and probably everyday this weekend. Write me and I'll tell ya where and when and why.

dcrzfitter

#95863 - 09/29/00 12:43 AM Re: Toutle River silvers
fishnbear Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: A coastal river with fish
Ive fished this area for the last 3 days. There are fish every where from the mouth of the toutle to the green. Its very easy to get limits. all you need is corkies an yarn, to eggs, its all working. hope this helps. we do need some rain.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
landcruiserwilly, Tom Trune
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (wolverine), 433 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |