THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#96239 - 09/19/00 06:22 PM anyone for the sky this weekend?
Brian Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Seattle
Looking for a few good guys to fish with this Saturday, any takers? I haven't fished the Sky in a while and don't know how it's doing but I'm going! I have this little problem with my fishing partner, he's lazy!!! All he wants to do is plunk. Don't get me wrong plunking is very effective but I love to use terminal gear. I'm 25 years old live in Mountlake Terrace, Wa. and need some more fish - a - holics to go kill some time with. Drop me a line if your interested and I'll be waiting! If you would like to e-mail me bjones@martinselig.com. Keep on fishin!

#96240 - 09/19/00 08:19 PM Re: anyone for the sky this weekend?
Swami Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Everett,Wa
Brian I'm going up on the Sky Thursday your more then welcome to join in. I work the weekends and kids Soccer games keep me busy on the weekends.

[This message has been edited by Swami (edited 09-19-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Swami (edited 09-19-2000).]

#96241 - 09/19/00 10:56 PM Re: anyone for the sky this weekend?
bank walker Offline
Spawner

Can somebody tell me the logical explanation behind not having a Silver season on the Sky??? Ive heard that there "preseason forcasts" called for low returns, but anybody with eyes can look at the lower sky/snohomish and see all the silvers splashing around, and its only mid sept! I can bet you that its gonna be a lot better than last season, but we'll never know =(

Brian, Ive heard the upper Sky around Reiter has been a good bet. fish on...
"I have a fair idea of what to expect from the river, and usually, because I fish it that way, the river gives me approximately what I expect of it. But sooner or later something always comes up to change the set of my ways..."
- Roderick Haig-Brown

#96242 - 09/20/00 01:40 AM Re: anyone for the sky this weekend?
J.C.B Offline
Smolt

Loc: Marysville Washington
They are thinking the lack of traffic on the sno system will keep pressure off the even year humpy run. I'm not making this up guys there are humpys in there right now. I think they forgot what C&R was all about. J.C.B

#96243 - 09/20/00 02:38 AM Re: anyone for the sky this weekend?
8 FOOT LEADER Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Seattle, WA, USA
Take a look at this.
http://www.wa.gov/wdfw/hat/escape/e000914.pdf

Seems like the count for Spring/Summer Chinook on the wallace(closed) was alot higher then what came back to the Samish river(opened). Some of the numbers and openings don't make sense. SO I guess you can say I don't really have the answer as to why they aren't opening up Silvers on the sky. There are probably tons of them in there, but not worth getting caught targeting them. Oh yeah, lots of them humpies too. YUCK...lol

#96244 - 09/20/00 11:57 AM Re: anyone for the sky this weekend?
Brian Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Swami, thanks for the invite but I have one of those jobs that require me in the office Mon- Fri, sucks huh! I would much rather go fishing during the week when there isn't so much pressure but I'm sorry I can't. Maybe someother time though! I'm pretty anxious to meet some of these people from the board here and maybe share a fishing story or two. Well I'm still going out Saturday and I have one of my buddies coming with me now but would like to see some new faces also. The offer is still open to anyone who is interested! Tight lines.

#96245 - 09/21/00 11:54 AM Re: anyone for the sky this weekend?
Brian Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Well I managed to round up a few people to fish with on Saturday. Still open to anyone else that would like to kill some time. Any good reports from the hatchery? I've yet to fish that this summer. Drop me a line, keep on fishin!

#96246 - 09/21/00 11:59 AM Re: anyone for the sky this weekend?
rainycity Offline
Returning Adult

Brian,
where is everybody meeting?

#96247 - 09/21/00 01:33 PM Re: anyone for the sky this weekend?
Brian Offline
Juvenille at Sea

To fishing party,

I've decided to schedule a meeting point in Sultan at the park & ride just past the sporting good store on the right just as you head out of Sultan. If your interested in coming we will meet at 6:00 a.m. sharp and probably won't wait around for more that a 1/2 so if your coming be there. I'll be driving an older honda accord blue in color and my name is Brian or course!! Hope to see ya there. Keep on fishin!

#96248 - 09/21/00 02:18 PM Re: anyone for the sky this weekend?
J.C.B Offline
Smolt

Loc: Marysville Washington
Brian is this the sat 9/23? If so I would love to join the group. J.C.B

#96249 - 09/21/00 04:38 PM Re: anyone for the sky this weekend?
Brian Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Right on J.C.B., yes it is this Saturday the 23rd. You know where we will be, after we meet we can talk about how and where to fish I guess! This is my first time setting something up so we shall see how it turns out. Feel free to e-mail me if you would like to chat about it off the board.

#96250 - 09/22/00 01:06 AM Re: anyone for the sky this weekend?
Jeffhead Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia, Washington
Right on Brian,
We did the same thing in the middle of August at the Nisqually and had a ball. Met some pretty cool guys from the board!!! Hope you guys get into some fish.
Good luck and tight lines, Jeff

#96251 - 09/22/00 11:52 AM Re: anyone for the sky this weekend?
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Good luck guys/gals, atlhough I won't be on that river on Saturday.

Just watch out though. I know for a fact that the FishCops will be on the Sky/Sno this weekend. They know a *lot* of people are "Cutthroat fishing", aka targeting coho's. I was told you will get a ticket if you're using gear larger than a trout rod and have any form of tackle that might even remotely catch a coho.

For that reason, I'm staying far away from that zoo. There are for more productive rivers to fish now anyways. Good luck.

Parker

#96252 - 09/22/00 01:47 PM Re: anyone for the sky this weekend?
Brian Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Parker, thanks for the heads up on the fishcops! I think a few people that we will be fishing with including myself have fished these rivers quite a few times before, but for any of you out there that doesn't know watch out. Hey Parker, why don't you leave us a report when you return. Haven't seen you on the board in a while! See ya, fish on!

#96253 - 09/22/00 01:53 PM Re: anyone for the sky this weekend?
Coho Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Muk
I would think it would be hard to get a ticket if I said -to the Gamey I c&r'd some dollies and a couple summer run-which are open.. Tell me what I am targeting.

#96254 - 09/22/00 02:22 PM Re: anyone for the sky this weekend?
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Coho - I don't see how they could bust you if you were using 'Nites on trout gear. Although, if you had your summer steelie gear with you, I'm sure they would suspect that you were really using that with the 'Nites and only "pretending" to use the trout gear.

I've been harassed enough times that I just don't like to even bother with it. Even if you're doing everything correctly, the damn wardens just love to sniff up your butt to find *anything* wrong. Very annoying, if you ask me. Not worth getting a ticket over, even if you are doing everything legal.

Brian - I was out of town for most of July and August. Had to go fish with Bob up in AK this summer! What a hoot! Anyways, you can always see what I have been up to by checking: http://staff.washington.edu/parker

I did manage to harass some area 8.2 coho last weekend. Going to go after some steelies this weekend.

Parker

#96255 - 09/22/00 02:48 PM Re: anyone for the sky this weekend?
Brian Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Parker, how was fishin up in Ak? Any good fishing stories to share? I know that you wouldn't have gone all the way up there and not bring a camera! If you can you should post some of your trophies on the board so all of us can drool a little and be very jealous! See ya

#96256 - 09/22/00 03:20 PM Re: anyone for the sky this weekend?
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

http://staff.washington.edu/parker/salmon30.html

That's a typical trip on the Kasilof.

I had a great time fishing up in AK with Bob. Bob's not hear to defend himself, so I won't talk Smack about him! Although, feel free to talk Smack about Reiter Rat when you're with Bob!

No real great stories to tell other than the largest fish we landed was 44lbs with the average fish being right around 30 lbs. Bob gave me Top Honors for tail hooking a 35lb. hen on my last day with a -2 handicapp! Wow, talk about a fun fight! We were checking baits and I got about half a crank in when the next I knew 100+ yards of line had peeled out and this fish was bugging out and heading to the salt! I finally won the battle, but Bob ended up with a nasty ding in his hand from trying to tail the fish.

A good time was had by all. Thank again Bob for a great trip!

Parker

#96257 - 09/25/00 12:45 PM Re: anyone for the sky this weekend?
Brian Offline
Juvenille at Sea

What the hell! What happened to the people that were suppose to show up at the park & ride on Saturday morning! I guess 6:00 a.m. is too early for some people. There is one thing that I hate and that is being late, especially for fishing!!! I told you guys that I would wait for 30 min. no longer, what happened? I was really looking forward to meeting some of you!

#96258 - 09/25/00 08:19 PM Re: anyone for the sky this weekend?
GutZ Offline
The Original Boat Ho

Loc: Bellevue
Brian;
I wasn't one of those who didn't show. Give 'em a break. Everyone that I have run into from the board has been some one I would be glad to fish with anywhere. I have met up with Kalamabama and Rivertramp a couple of times. We have been Where we said at the appointed Time.

Perhaps a get together after fishing in the Bar there in Sultan would work better. Perhaps you could offer free beer. I'm sure that would get a good response!

Many people probably did not get the word of the Coho opener and probably felt it wasn't worth the effort. I am sure that the next time you try to get a gang together, you will have better results. (Well, you could hope so. Kind of like hearding cats isn't it)

Good Luck!
Fishguts

------------------
I Wish I were standing in a River,
In the Rain,
Catching Steelhead.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (20 Gage), 920 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63786 Topics
645450 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |