Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#965098 - 09/28/16 02:18 PM Ballard Locks Coho Gillnettimg: Chinook Impacts
eldplanko Offline
Fry

We're lead to believe that be using gill nets of a certain size, the native's gillnetting isn't suppose to result in chinook impacts. These graphs say differently. Notice the sharp decline in chinook after Sep 11the when the gill nets went in:

http://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/counts/sockeye/chinook_chart.jpg

Is WDFW receiving copies of these guys fish tickets? How does one find out?

#965121 - 09/28/16 11:40 PM Re: Ballard Locks Coho Gillnettimg: Chinook Impacts [Re: eldplanko]
luckydogss Offline
Smolt

Loc: Renton
They catch a bunch of kings along with silvers, it doesn't matter what they say they're going to do. Look at the silver graph, it shows the same drop in numbers. They have nets after the locks as well. You might find a total caught in the future but you're not going to find any weekly totals.

What I found really interesting on your graph is the total fish counted over the locks. If you look at the asterisk description, it says they've DOUBLED the fish counts because they think half the fish go through the locks instead of the fish ladder. I find that really hard to believe but if that's true, they got twice the number of kings that was forecasted and they're tracking over the 10 yr avg for silvers. That's a lot of fish either milling around Lk Wa or on ice.

I'm sure the tribes used those numbers to justify their fisheries. I question all the forecasted, caught, and counted figures we're fed, they all seem to work against the recs when theyre talking about area 10 seasons.

#965741 - 10/09/16 12:12 PM Re: Ballard Locks Coho Gillnettimg: Chinook Impacts [Re: eldplanko]
gregsalmon Offline
Spawner

Loc: alaska and washington
You can buy fish from them on the spot, same as on the Duwamish. No creel census there......

#965751 - 10/09/16 07:37 PM Re: Ballard Locks Coho Gillnettimg: Chinook Impacts [Re: eldplanko]
luckydogss Offline
Smolt

Loc: Renton
I was at the Issaquah hatchery today with my daughter. They have handled a whole 25 silvers so far. I don't know how many fish are needed for egg take goals but I'm sure they need a bunch more fish.
I watched the fish trying to get over the barrier and saw very few decent sized fish but saw a lot of jacks.
Supposedly 18k made it over the locks according to the final counts. I'll check back and see how many of those fish make it to the hatchery.

#965842 - 10/10/16 05:28 PM Re: Ballard Locks Coho Gillnettimg: Chinook Impacts [Re: eldplanko]
IrishRogue Offline
Poon it! Poon it! Poon it!

Loc: Yarrow Point
Muk's netting from the locks all the way up to the north tip of Lake Washington as of Sunday Night. Unlike previous 1 or 2 day openers, this one is for five days continuously. I'd love LOVE to see the count that gets to the hatchery too!

#965986 - 10/12/16 01:48 PM Re: Ballard Locks Coho Gillnettimg: Chinook Impacts [Re: eldplanko]
eldplanko Offline
Fry

No one should be surprised that the very large majority of the escapment fish are smaller than the size of the gillnet hole! You can see this first hand in the fish ladder viewing window.

Edited by eldplanko (10/12/16 01:48 PM)

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 939 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |