Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#965589 - 10/07/16 12:54 PM Clams, Clams and more Clams dig approved
fp Offline
Old Duffer

Loc: Hoquiam,WA.USA
Digs currently approved at Copalis and Mocrocks beaches will run Oct. 14-16 on evening tides. No digging will be allowed those days before noon. Evening low tides will be:
Oct. 14, Friday, 5:55 p.m.; 0.2 feet; Copalis, Mocrocks
Oct. 15, Saturday, 6:42 p.m.; -0.6 feet; Copalis, Mocrocks
Oct. 16, Sunday, 7:28 p.m.; -1.1 feet; Copalis, Mocrocks

fp

#965598 - 10/07/16 02:05 PM Re: Clams, Clams and more Clams dig approved [Re: fp]
steely slammer Offline
Three Time Spawner

im going if it aint storming to bad..

Edited by steely slammer (10/07/16 02:07 PM)

mainly region 6

#965610 - 10/07/16 07:18 PM Re: Clams, Clams and more Clams dig approved [Re: fp]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, you'll have all the I5'ers heading West.....and you know how you hate to have all those people fishing Willapa and Chehalis Bays.....

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#965614 - 10/07/16 08:04 PM Re: Clams, Clams and more Clams dig approved [Re: fp]
fp Offline
Old Duffer

Health Department Issues Razor Clam Advisory Over Health Concerns
OLYMPIA -- Washington State Department of Health (DOH) issued an interim advisory today due to potential health risks associated with eating large quantities of razor clams harvested from the Washington coast.
DOH recommends that people eat no more than 15 razor clams per month during a one-year period.
This interim advisory applies to everyone, especially women who are pregnant or might become pregnant, nursing mothers, children, the elderly, and people with compromised renal function.
The Community Advancing the Study of Tribal Nations Across the Lifespan study shows eating large amounts of razor clams with low-levels of domoic acid may cause memory problems.
Universities of Maryland, Hawaii, and Florida, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, and several coastal tribes conducted research to evaluate long-term exposure to low-levels of domoic acid from eating razor clams.
Domoic acid is a naturally occurring toxin frequently found in shellfish and at high-levels it may cause Amnesic Shellfish Poisoning. When domoic acid levels in razor clams reach 20 parts per million, the state closes harvesting areas.
The interim health advisory will remain in effect while DOH gathers more information on the potential health risks associated with low-level exposure to domoic acid. For the latest information on shellfish safety, visit DOH’s shellfish safety webpage.

fp

#965988 - 10/12/16 02:33 PM Re: Clams, Clams and more Clams dig approved [Re: DrifterWA]
fp Offline
Old Duffer

I'll no longer give Clam/Clamming help, advice, pictures or any other stuff as it seems like somebody got their panties ruffled.

fp

#965989 - 10/12/16 02:45 PM Re: Clams, Clams and more Clams dig approved [Re: fp]
cohoangler Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Vancouver, Washington
"..... eating large amounts of razor clams with low-levels of domoic acid may cause memory problems."

Oh ya, I forgot about that......

#966002 - 10/12/16 06:42 PM Re: Clams, Clams and more Clams dig approved [Re: DrifterWA]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
Originally Posted By: DrifterWA
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, you'll have all the I5'ers heading West.....and you know how you hate to have all those people fishing Willapa and Chehalis Bays.....

Another example of your brilliance. Don't have any complaints to recycle? jack regs? low holed by marine fishery? too much sorting?

#966003 - 10/12/16 06:48 PM Re: Clams, Clams and more Clams dig approved [Re: fp]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
Originally Posted By: fp
I'll no longer give Clam/Clamming help, advice, pictures or any other stuff as it seems like somebody got their panties ruffled.

fp

don't do it! we all like your pics and reports. There are idiots everywhere, don't let one ruin your day! Adapt and overcome!

#966005 - 10/12/16 07:18 PM Re: Clams, Clams and more Clams dig approved [Re: fp]
FishNg1 Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Gig Harbor, WA , USA
Like Fish4brains stated, I appreciate all the sound advice that you contribute,

Dad, think that if I practice hard, they'll let me participate in the SRC ?
[Gig Harbor Puget Sound Anglers....Join your local chapter. CCA member

#966010 - 10/12/16 08:43 PM Re: Clams, Clams and more Clams dig approved [Re: cohoangler]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

WHOOP.... there it is!

Originally Posted By: cohoangler
"..... eating large amounts of razor clams with low-levels of domoic acid may cause memory problems."

That explains a LOT!

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#966025 - 10/13/16 08:03 AM Re: Clams, Clams and more Clams dig approved [Re: fp]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett

fp

What is the world coming to when panties cause fp to clam up.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#966164 - 10/15/16 05:19 PM Re: Clams, Clams and more Clams dig approved [Re: fp]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Tonight
S wind 31 to 41 kt decreasing to 20 to 30 kt after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 60 kt. Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. WSW swell 22 ft at 12 seconds decreasing to 17 ft. Wind waves 11 ft subsiding to 4 ft.

Sunday
S wind 20 to 22 kt. Showers. WSW swell 11 ft at 12 seconds. Wind waves 4 to 5 ft.

Sunday Night
S wind 10 to 19 kt. Showers. W swell 12 ft at 12 seconds. Wind waves 4 ft subsiding to 1 ft.

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#966203 - 10/16/16 11:40 PM Re: Clams, Clams and more Clams dig approved [Re: fp]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Found a few on the South Beach... limited 3 diggers but it was work. Had to pound NON-stop to make 'em show. LOTSA dinks in the mix.

Clam saute' over white rice for dinner tonight.

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#966209 - 10/17/16 07:52 AM Re: Clams, Clams and more Clams dig approved [Re: fp]
Local Offline
Returning Adult

Got a few myself but only kept hatchery clams !

#966347 - 10/18/16 08:34 PM Re: Clams, Clams and more Clams dig approved [Re: fp]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

fp

Ignore the haters fp, you're one of the good guys we need posting more often.

- Albert Einstein.

#966348 - 10/18/16 08:42 PM Re: Clams, Clams and more Clams dig approved [Re: Local]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Originally Posted By: Local
Got a few myself but only kept hatchery clams !
Ours were ALL hatchery.... "Look Mom, no fins!"

More of these for dinner tonight...

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#966349 - 10/18/16 09:13 PM Re: Clams, Clams and more Clams dig approved [Re: eyeFISH]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Those all look like Males. grin Looks delish Doc ! thumbs

- Albert Einstein.

#966351 - 10/18/16 10:04 PM Re: Clams, Clams and more Clams dig approved [Re: fp]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

How do you figure it out?

I have a really hard time tellin' with freshly shaved clams.

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#966353 - 10/18/16 10:28 PM Re: Clams, Clams and more Clams dig approved [Re: eyeFISH]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

They all have schlongs.... smile

- Albert Einstein.

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Carcassman, Clipfin, Danny Clyde, Dannyboy, dk1948, Twitch
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 939 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645361 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |