THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#966390 - 10/19/16 10:09 PM Re: What's Your Favorite Season? [Re: cobble cruiser]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Yeah... gotta agree that fall has the most rewards of any season all year.

From gorgeous sunrises...

to stunning sunsets...

And some dam good eats in between...

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#966399 - 10/20/16 07:51 AM Re: What's Your Favorite Season? [Re: cobble cruiser]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
That lid for that jar say Pautskze?

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#966405 - 10/20/16 08:22 AM Re: What's Your Favorite Season? [Re: cobble cruiser]
ColeyG Offline
Ranger Danger

Loc: AK
As I tell my two year old, don't eat the bait!!

EZ Thread Yarn Balls

"I don't care how you catch them, as long as you treat them well and with respect." Lani Waller in "A Steelheader's Way."

#966861 - 10/27/16 10:12 PM Re: What's Your Favorite Season? [Re: cobble cruiser]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Even without color, fall is still the BEST season....

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#966951 - 10/29/16 09:43 PM Re: What's Your Favorite Season? [Re: ColeyG]
cobble cruiser Offline
~B-F-D~

Originally Posted By: ColeyG
If I were King for a day I'd re-order the seasons as follows:

1. Fall
2. Fall
3. Spring
4. Fall

Funny Danny, after seeing your reply in Dave's Kenai thread I'd thought of asking you why you weren't knee deep in a BC steelhead stream. Glad to know you'll get some time there again this fall. I've been away too long. Say hi to a few big ones for me will ya.

Hope you are digging the daddy role. Turns out two is a lot more work than one. Not much fishing time for me these days, but I've tried to make up for lack of quantity with quality and am trying to make the most out of limited opportunities.

You pretty much nailed it in that last paragraph Coley. Ones alot harder and two... good gawd. I find my allotted fishing time is severely reduced when you have a little one with real responsibilities. Totally worth it though. wink

#966952 - 10/29/16 09:44 PM Re: What's Your Favorite Season? [Re: cobble cruiser]
cobble cruiser Offline
~B-F-D~

Amen Francis!

#966993 - 10/30/16 11:37 PM Re: What's Your Favorite Season? [Re: eyeFISH]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Originally Posted By: eyeFISH

Just ONE problem.... this pic could really use some chrome.

This is usually the time of year that I post my annual Martha Stewart-esque "fall colors with chrome coho" pic....

[

... but with the local 2016 coho being so elusive (for me, at least) I really thought this year's pic would remain hopelessly fishless..... just like last year's pic when my local rivers were abruptly CLOSED to salmon.

Well, OneEyedGoat (JF) and his good buddy DancesWithChums (JD) came to my rescue in the search for chrome.... and they delivered admirably. While coho have traditionally been the mainstay of this perennial pulchritudinous pic-post, 2016 has me breaking tradition. Let's just say desperate times call for desperate measures.

BEHOLD....

These ultra-clean chums saved the day.... and my hosts were kind enough to let me keep them all to donate to a good charitable home. I took personal care of the raw skeins and converted them into premium-grade ikura for friends that appreciate that tasty delicacy (in other words, the ones who aren't afraid of eating bait)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#966998 - 10/31/16 07:57 AM Re: What's Your Favorite Season? [Re: cobble cruiser]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
nice chums

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#967002 - 10/31/16 08:16 AM Re: What's Your Favorite Season? [Re: Jerry Garcia]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Originally Posted By: Jerry Garcia
nice chums

You should have seen the still-living critters in the water! Purple platinum is usually a description I reserve for ocean kings.

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#967003 - 10/31/16 08:27 AM Re: What's Your Favorite Season? [Re: cobble cruiser]
FleaFlickr02 Offline
River Nutrients

I caught a few chums yesterday, but nothing that clean. Glad to see them making a solid appearance; seemed in doubt a week ago.

#967005 - 10/31/16 08:36 AM Re: What's Your Favorite Season? [Re: cobble cruiser]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

This was last night when I put the mirin finish on the eggs....

They absorbed all the mirin and came up to full turgor by this morning.... LOVELY!

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#967008 - 10/31/16 09:24 AM Re: What's Your Favorite Season? [Re: cobble cruiser]
Brad_tgl Offline
Spawner

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
With fatherhood quickly approaching, the fall season took on a whole new meaning. Two days before the birth of my son my dad and I had a reflective trip that coincided with a smattering of fat coho. Twitch and repeat. Going to be fun passing the fishing tradition on.

t

#967011 - 10/31/16 10:04 AM Re: What's Your Favorite Season? [Re: cobble cruiser]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Warms the soul, Brad.

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#967038 - 11/01/16 12:38 AM Re: What's Your Favorite Season? [Re: cobble cruiser]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

This was last night when I put the mirin finish on the eggs....

They completely absorbed every last drop of the mirin and came up to full turgor by this morning.

This is what the caviar looks like tonight... never touched 'em apart from a costume change on the ornamental garnish.

LOVELY!

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#967045 - 11/01/16 08:55 AM Re: What's Your Favorite Season? [Re: eyeFISH]
JPbarbless Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Seattle
Your caviar looks wonderful. If it's not a secrete I would like to know your recipe. The mirin has me intrigued. Thanks JP

Edited by JPbarbless (11/01/16 08:56 AM)

#967065 - 11/01/16 11:55 AM Re: What's Your Favorite Season? [Re: cobble cruiser]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Full pic-tutorial on the whole process ala fNp coming soon.

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#967069 - 11/01/16 12:07 PM Re: What's Your Favorite Season? [Re: cobble cruiser]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Stop eating the bait.......

#967070 - 11/01/16 12:35 PM Re: What's Your Favorite Season? [Re: cobble cruiser]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Haven't gotten out much this fall, which is probably my favorite season.

Taught The Boy how to shoot a bit....

Smoked up some meats for some Husky Tailgates.....

Watched some EPIC Husky Football games....

Managed to fish once or twice here or there and with great friends and family!

Even managed to sneak away to Vegas for a long weekend....

I did manage to work on the house a bit...

and even managed to go on an Armed Nature Hike...

Looking forward to finally getting on the river with my boy here in a couple of weeks!

#967150 - 11/02/16 09:05 AM Re: What's Your Favorite Season? [Re: cobble cruiser]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

That's some great progress on the homestead there Paker. Way to go!

#967155 - 11/02/16 09:33 AM Re: What's Your Favorite Season? [Re: cobble cruiser]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
The last six weeks has been full of football, yard work, shooting a deer, killing a pile of salmon, crabs, and harvesting buckets of various types of wild mushrooms.

Our garden is finally winding down from feeding us two meals a day every day (to go along with all the stuff I kill or gather)...what's not to love about the fall?

Didn't make it to BC this year, but that's not BC's fault, or fall's...can't do it all every year.

The lame coho season was...lame. The few openers they managed for us gave up plenty of fish, though, and while it's usually two entire freezers full to get me thru the year, it's more like one...good thing this year's deer is quite a bit bigger than last year's wink

I really don't have a "favorite" season, since my passion for the outdoors is served year round by something or other, all the time, but if the widespread availability of non-store bought food is a significant measure, then fall wins it all.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Carcassman, Clipfin, Danny Clyde, Dannyboy, dk1948, Twitch
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 993 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645361 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |