Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#968526 - 11/21/16 10:34 AM River Boating Safety
Greenfishnut Offline
Parr

Loc: Okanogan County

Boat capsizes in Skykomish River, one sent to hospital

Herald StaffSat Nov 19th, 2016 6:50pmNews

GOLD BAR — Fire units from multiple agencies were dispatched shortly after 2 p.m. Saturday afternoon after a boat with two men in it capsized in the Skykomish River near downtown Gold Bar.

One man was able to swim to shore and call 911, reporting he’d lost sight of his companion in the river, said Gold Bar Fire Lt. Brandon Vargas.

Rescue boats from the Monroe and Gold Bar fire departments were sent out to search for the missing boater.

A rescuer in Gold Bar’s boat spotted what looked like a log with blue cloth in the river. It turned out to be the missing boater, who was partially submerged and not breathing, Vargas said.

The rescuers performed CPR while bringing him back to shore. He was transported to EvergreenHealth Monroe, with the medics continuing CPR in the ambulance. The victim’s status was not available late Saturday.

The victim had been in the water for about half an hour before he was pulled out, Vargas said.

#968618 - 11/22/16 03:39 PM Re: River Boating Safety [Re: Greenfishnut]
jam session Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Lake Goodwin
Ouch! Hope he survives, does't sound good. Guessing they hit the snag at the top of the clay banks hole.

#969333 - 12/03/16 12:56 PM Re: River Boating Safety [Re: Greenfishnut]
Bent Rod Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: snohomish
Anybody know anything else about this? I read the one guy didn't make it..

#969345 - 12/03/16 04:19 PM Re: River Boating Safety [Re: Bent Rod]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
Originally Posted By: Bent Rod
Anybody know anything else about this? I read the one guy didn't make it..

Thanks for asking.....I wondered also.......This river is not one that I've ever fished. Is this a drift boat or jet boat river or a combination type of water.....is the water bad at Gold Bar????

I know the rivers in my area....Humptulips, Wynoochee, and Satsop have had many accidents. Most of the accidents are not serious.....loss of fishing gear, maybe tear up a boat but I do remember a death at the "water intake" on the Wynoochee......should have roped the boat over the barrier but didn't, cost a young life....

More and more boats on the rivers in this area....high waters can change things, people take chances.....even experienced boaters get in trouble...

Be safe....to be first is not worth the risk, there are more fish to catch on another day.

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (steely slammer), 1085 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645291 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |