THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#970791 - 01/03/17 01:32 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
GodLovesUgly Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: WaRshington
Signed.

Shared.
I want to be a fisherman.

#970792 - 01/03/17 01:37 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
cobble cruiser Offline
~B-F-D~

Done

#970794 - 01/03/17 02:52 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Graham, WA
JUST PASSED 566!!!
Thanks Godlove, Cobble and everyone's who signed and helped get others to join in!

I get it about not wanting to put their email address in, nobody wants junk mail. But it's so easy to opt out, and this is a very important cause. Not only about the specific issue, but the SHOW OF SOLIDARITY FROM THE NON-TRIBAL FISHERMEN IS AMAZING!!
YES, BOTH SPORT AND COMMERCIAL GUYS ARE STANDING SIDE BY SIDE AND SUPPORTING THIS! WE EVEN HAVE REGULAR CONCERNED CITIZENS JOINING!!

IMAGINE THE ROAR OF ALL THOSE VOICES!!!!

We really have an opportunity here to display what a huge factor we can be!!

This movement can and will carry over!

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#970804 - 01/03/17 04:59 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
bushbear Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Sequim
PM sent earlier today from me. Did you get a chance to look at it.

#970809 - 01/03/17 06:44 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
Happy Birthday Brad_tgl Offline
Spawner

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
Signed and shared.

#970811 - 01/03/17 08:00 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: bushbear]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: bushbear
PM sent earlier today from me. Did you get a chance to look at it.

Sorry, things have been pretty busy. Just got back to you.

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#970815 - 01/03/17 09:29 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

WE JUST GOT OUR 6OOTH SIGNATURE!! WE ARE CATCHING ON FIRE NOW!
THANKS TO YOU AND YOUR TREMENDOUS EFFORT WE ARE NOW AT 600 AND GAINING MOMENTUM! WE UNDERSTAND THE CCA OF WASHINGTON STATE HAS PROVIDED IT'S MEMBERS A LINK TO THE PETITION. WELCOME TO THE FIGHT!

WE CANNOT EASE UP NOW! THERE ARE SO MANY OTHERS THAT ARE AS CONCERNED ABOUT THIS ISSUE AS WE ARE, BUT DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE PETITION. WE OWE THEM THE HOPE! THEY DESERVE TO KNOW ABOUT THE PETITION. DESERVE TO HAVE THEIR VOICE HEARD!

TALK TO EVERYBODY YOU CAN, LET THEM KNOW WHAT WE ARE DOING. THAT WE ARE STRONG AND GROWING STRONGER, ONE SIGNATURE AT A TIME. ASK THEM TO JOIN, SHOW THEM HOW TO SIGN. LET THEM KNOW WE HAVE A VOICE!
KEEP US GROWING THE FIRE!
LETS TAKE THIS TO 1000 STRONG!

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#970818 - 01/03/17 11:49 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
Done

#970822 - 01/04/17 10:15 AM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: ]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Somewhere on the planet,I hope

Here is the Commission agenda and see below it is 10:30 the first day for NOF decisions.

January 13-14, 2017

Meeting Agenda

FISH AND WILDLIFE COMMISSION MEETING
January 13-14, 2017

Heathman Lodge
7801 NE Greenwood Drive
Vancouver, WA 98662
http://www.heathmanlodge.com/area-location

8:30 AM 1. Call to Order 1. Commissioners’ Discussion
2. Meeting Minute Approval

8:45 AM 2. Open Public Input
The Commission is a direct link between the citizens of Washington and the Department of Fish and Wildlife. Comments on Department programs and topics of concern are welcome during this portion of the meeting.
NOTE: During this portion of the meeting, the public is encouraged to comment on issues that do not already have public input time on the agenda.

9:15 AM 3. Director’s Report
The Director will brief the Commission on various items.

- Budget Update

10:00 AM 4. Land Transactions – Briefing, Public Hearing and Decision
The Commission will consider approval of various land transactions recommended by the Department for the protection of critical fish and wildlife habitat, enhancement of public recreation opportunities.
Staff Report: Julie Sandberg, Real Estate Section Manager

PUBLIC INPUT (This item only)

10:30 AM Break
10:45 AM 5. North of Falcon Policy C-3608 – Decision
The Commission will consider adoption of proposed modifications to the North of Falcon Policy C-3608. Adopted policy would be in effect from January 2017 through December 2018. Department staff will also brief the Commission on efforts to address greater public transparency within the North of Falcon proceedings.
Staff Report: Kyle Adicks, Intergovernmental Salmon Manager and Bill Frymire, Senior Counsel, Office of the Attorney General

11:45 AM Lunch
1:00 PM 6. Periodic Status Review (Woodland Caribou, Western Pond Turtle and Sandhill Crane) – Briefing, Public Hearing and Decision
Department staff will present Periodic Status Reviews compiled for the state listed species referenced above and provide status recommendations for each to the Commission.
Staff Report: Hannah Anderson, Listing and Recovery Section Manager; Gary Wiles, Lisa Hallock and Derek Stinson, Wildlife Biologists

1:40 PM 7. Enforcement Program Update – Briefing
Region 5 Enforcement Program staff will provide an overview of how they have focused on the agency goals through achieving the program's strategic objectives and list detailed accomplishments.
Staff Report: Captain Wickersham, Enforcement Program

2:30 PM Break
2:45 PM 8. Profanity Peak Pack Update – Briefing
Department staff will brief the Commission on wolf-livestock conflict in the Profanity Peak pack in 2016.
Staff Report: Donny Martorello, Ph.D., Wolf Policy Lead

3:45 PM 9. Open Public Input
The Commission is a direct link between the citizens of Washington and the Department of Fish and Wildlife. Comments on Department programs and topics of concern are welcome during this portion of the meeting.
NOTE: During this portion of the meeting, the public is encouraged to comment on issues that do not already have public input time on the agenda.

4:15 PM Recess

SATURDAY, JANUARY 14, 2017

8:30 AM 10. Open Public Input

9:00 AM 11. Lower Columbia River Sturgeon Population Status and Management Annual Review – Briefing and Public Input
Department staff will provide the Commission an annual review on lower Columbia River sturgeon, as stipulated within policy C-3001.
Staff Report: Patrick Frazier, Region 5 Fish Program Policy Coordinator and Brad James, Fish and Wildlife Biologist
10:00 AM Break
10:15 AM 12. Columbia River Basin Salmon Management Policy C-3620 – Briefing, Public Input and Decision
Department staff will brief the Commission on performance of fisheries managed under the Policy through the transition period, including preliminary results for 2016 fisheries, and seek preliminary guidance on potential adaptive management measures for the future.
Staff Report: Ron Warren, Fish Program Assistant Director and Jim Scott, Special Assistant
1:15 PM 13. Miscellaneous and Meeting Debrief
The Commission will discuss items that arise immediately before or during the meeting and after the preliminary agenda is published.
1:30 PM Adjourn

Contact the Fish and Wildlife Commission Office for further information:
Phone (360) 902-2267
Email: commission@dfw.wa.gov

Persons with disabilities who need reasonable accommodations to participate in the public meeting are invited to contact Dolores Noyes by phone (360-902-2349), TTY (360-902-2207), or email (dolores.noyes@dfw.wa.govl). Reasonable accommodation requests should be received at least three (3) business days prior to the meeting to ensure availability. Please provide two (2) weeks’ notice for requests for ASL/ESL interpretation services. For more information, see http://wdfw.wa.gov/accessibility/reasonable_request.html.

#970825 - 01/04/17 11:23 AM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

We just got two really great pieces of news!

First, the petition has just gone over 700 signatures! This is a huge show of solidarity from the citizens of this state. We are seeing comments from sport fishermen, non-tribal commercials and regular citizens that are concerned about the fisheries and transparency!
Thank you again, for all the support from those who've signed to date and have encouraged others to join!

NOW THE REALLY BIG NEWS!!!

Your voice is beginning to be heard already, before we've even presented the petition!

On Jan 13, at the Commission meeting, they have put a discussion on Opening the NOF meetings on the agenda!

I will be there along with others to voice support and to represent everyone who has said ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

If you can attend, that would be fantastic. If not, send in a comment to the Commission stating your support.

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#970850 - 01/04/17 08:35 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

It is because of you, and all of us. This is truly a grass roots movement. We have no sponsors, no cooperate support, no mass media. We have each other...and because of that...we are stronger!

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#970851 - 01/04/17 08:40 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

We need 16 signatures to hit 800! lets get this done now. Contact someone, get them onboard!

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#970863 - 01/04/17 10:46 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

THIS EVENING AT 10:22 WE HAD OUR 800TH PERSON SIGN THE PETITION!

It is amazing yes, 800 people from all backgrounds, banding together to send a clear message that we are done with business as usual in our fisheries..you all have done a fantastic job getting the word out and giving others the chance to join the fight.

There is still work to be done. We have so many more people who are also frustrated and fed up with the secret meetings and failed co-management, but have no idea about this petition. We owe them the opportunity to join in with us and add there voice to ours.

Find a way to reach them. Dig deep, keep fighting, we have a chance to do something really good here.

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#970876 - 01/05/17 11:34 AM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
bushbear Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Sequim
The following letter came out today from CCA. In the last paragraph, there is a link to Bay Wolf's petition. Hopefully, more CCA members will be signing on.

After posting, it doesn't look like the CCA link to the petition came through on this post. CCA folks who get the letter can follow the link.

The WDFW Commission is meeting on January 13-14 at the Heathman Lodge in Vancouver (7801 NE Greenwood Dr). The agenda includes two important issues.

Columbia River Reforms
On Saturday, January 14, starting around 10AM, the Commission will hear a report and take public testimony on the Columbia River reform policy. If you have not done so already, please submit comments to the Commission by clicking here. If you would like to provide a public testimony, see these talking points prepared by CCA. Please show up at Saturday’s meeting and support full implementation of the Columbia River reforms! Wear your red CCA hat.

North of Falcon
The Commission is expected to adopt a new North of Falcon policy on Friday, January 13. Last spring, CCA led a coalition effort highlighting the need to reform the broken North of Falcon annual salmon season-setting process by restoring greater fairness and transparency. We understand that staff from WDFW and the Attorney General’s office will provide the Commission a briefing on how open public meeting laws apply to state-tribal North of Falcon meetings, which have been closed to the public at the request of tribal interests.

The Commission may make additional changes to the draft policy, including strengthening provisions to improve the transparency of the process. CCA appreciates the Commission’s efforts to restore greater equity to the North of Falcon process. Email the Commission regarding the North of Falcon policy at commission@dfw.wa.gov, comments will be accepted through January 6. Please consider looking into another grassroots effort that is designed to bring more public awareness to this important issue.

Thank you,
CCA Washington

Edited by bushbear (01/05/17 11:35 AM)
Edit Reason: update on link

#970877 - 01/05/17 11:55 AM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Certainly appreciate the support, and welcome the CCA members.

CCA has long been an advocate for transparency and fairness in our fisheries. We are proud to have it's members sign the petition as an additional means of voicing their support for having these meetings open to the public.

With every signature, our voice grows.

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#970878 - 01/05/17 12:00 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
NWBrute Offline
Egg

Done!!

#970883 - 01/05/17 12:54 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: NWBrute]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: NWBrute
Done!!

Thanks, Keep up the fight and get others to sign!

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#970912 - 01/05/17 07:27 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Sometimes we lose site of why it is so important to keep fighting!

I want to share a comment with you that we got on the petition site:

Ann
Seattle, WA
1 hour ago
REASON FOR SIGNING

I'm signing this petition because I paid for a fresh water fishing license and have not been able to fish in my area - it's been closed to recreational fishing all around the Seattle area - the Green, Duwamish. Puyallup. Fishing for salmon is not recreational for me and my extended family. We need the fish for food - not party food (salmon balls), but everyday suppers.
Same thing applies to crab fishing.
We work. But our income from middle paying jobs does not cover our needs. The garden and fishing are resources to supplement our livelihood.
I am White, Female, Over Age 60. I am employed.
My extended family consists of three adults and 3 children under age 12.
We don't want to stand in line at a food bank for canned foods high in salt and fat. We want fresh meat - fish, crab, clams.

I just doubled down on my commitment to get the BS stopped in our fisheries!!

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#970943 - 01/05/17 11:18 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
Charholio Offline
Parr

Loc: Anchorage, AK
signed

#970944 - 01/05/17 11:21 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Charholio]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: Charholio
signed

Thanks...please, get us "three" more signatures whistle

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Brad_tgl, Coho, NewNWSalmon3
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Excitable Bob), 841 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645358 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |