THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#970828 - 01/04/17 01:04 PM HELP getting petition leaflets printed and out.
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Graham, WA
We got a suggestion to have informational leaflets about the petition printed out so guys can distribute copies along with a link to the web site.

This will help reach people that don't necessarily get on the web.

Any guys want to volunteer to make up some leaflets, get them printed and post and pass them out..like at sporting good stores, boat ramps or just about anywhere really.

We don't want paper petitions being circulated, or signatures gathered, rather informational leaflets that drive supporters to the Web petition so they can sign.

Let me know what you can come up with.

Thanks!

p

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#970844 - 01/04/17 07:15 PM Re: HELP getting petition leaflets printed and out. [Re: Bay wolf]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

No one wants to step up?

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#970853 - 01/04/17 09:36 PM Re: HELP getting petition leaflets printed and out. [Re: Bay wolf]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
Good idea, but I'm confused by your ask. If you are after those folks that don't or can't get online, why drive them there via the flyer? If they can't or don't use the interwebz, you'll get little ROI for your time and materials. Why not have a petition at the check out counter at sporting goods stores? You'd probably get WAY more sigs if people can sign then and there. Just my $0.02.

#970869 - 01/05/17 08:49 AM Re: HELP getting petition leaflets printed and out. [Re: Bay wolf]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Thanks Nick. I can see that I wasn't clear! You're correct. I don't think there are very many people now days that don't go on the web. What I should of said is the people that don't necessarily got to the fishing forums and such. People who care about the fisheries and transparency, but we've missed because the haven't seen the posts on the boards.

Having flyers at the check out counters is great. And posted on the bulletin boards at boat ramps. Theres a lot of places these can be passed out or left....

So, what we need are some volunteers that would print some up and get them out.

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#970870 - 01/05/17 09:34 AM Re: HELP getting petition leaflets printed and out. [Re: Bay wolf]
GodLovesUgly Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: WaRshington
I would recommend just adding an attached file with the leaflet in it, or host it online in a printable format and post here. Allow anyone interested access to print and distribute.
I want to be a fisherman.

#970873 - 01/05/17 10:32 AM Re: HELP getting petition leaflets printed and out. [Re: GodLovesUgly]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: GodLovesUgly
I would recommend just adding an attached file with the leaflet in it, or host it online in a printable format and post here. Allow anyone interested access to print and distribute.

THANKS!!
One of the things I can't get simplified is the URL to put on the flyer to pull up the petition. Right now we have to go:

www.Change.org
Search; Open WDFW

That gets to the petition

I wish there was a simple direct URL, without having to search.

I tried different strings, but nada.

Not the most tech savvy...any ideas?

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#970874 - 01/05/17 11:03 AM Re: HELP getting petition leaflets printed and out. [Re: Bay wolf]
sleestak Offline
Fry

You might try a URL "shortening" service like Bitly to create a more manageable link to the petition: https://bitly.com/

It basically acts as a forwarding service and I think it also gives you a management console where you can see how many hits are coming thru and where they are coming from. Doesn't cost anything for the basic service last I checked.

There are several other URL "shortening" tools, but the names escape me at the moment.

#970880 - 01/05/17 12:27 PM Re: HELP getting petition leaflets printed and out. [Re: Bay wolf]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Slee, I like it, I tried it on bitly but shortens it to a convoluted string of upper and lower characters. Shorter, but seems harder to type in!

Wish it would allow a re-name association.

Better yet, I wish I was a lot better with this stuff..It's probably a simple solution for someone.

Maybe just go with the main web site and instructions on the search?

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#970888 - 01/05/17 01:22 PM Re: HELP getting petition leaflets printed and out. [Re: Bay wolf]
Cozmo Offline
Smolt

Loc: Ballard, Wa
Forums are a dying breed. Posting this on one of the popular Facebook groups(Steelhead Junkies, Washington State Fishing, etc) would reach a much broader audience. Some of those groups have over 10k members.

#970889 - 01/05/17 01:47 PM Re: HELP getting petition leaflets printed and out. [Re: Cozmo]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: Cozmo
Forums are a dying breed. Posting this on one of the popular Facebook groups(Steelhead Junkies, Washington State Fishing, etc) would reach a much broader audience. Some of those groups have over 10k members.

Great information!!!
Thanks!

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#970906 - 01/05/17 06:24 PM Re: HELP getting petition leaflets printed and out. [Re: Bay wolf]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

I wanted to attache the flyer so people can print it out and pass it out. But I can't find anyway to attach a document?

Little help?

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#970914 - 01/05/17 07:31 PM Re: HELP getting petition leaflets printed and out. [Re: Cozmo]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: Cozmo

Cozmo, would you be able to post a link to the petition on some of those Facebook sites for us?

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#970918 - 01/05/17 07:57 PM Re: HELP getting petition leaflets printed and out. [Re: ]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: Steelspanker
Maybe some young whippersnappers here have a better idea, but one option is for you to create a free Box account, upload your doc/PDF/whatever to Box and share the link here and other places. Just practice using Box so you can give the right link that only downloads the petition.

https://www.box.com/pricing/individual

OK, I got this as a test: Can someone try this out and see if it works?

Printable Petition Flyer

See if you can download it and print it.

Please let me know how (or if) it works.

p

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#970922 - 01/05/17 08:17 PM Re: HELP getting petition leaflets printed and out. [Re: Bay wolf]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

I made it on the MAC using pages. Let me see what I can do..

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#970924 - 01/05/17 08:33 PM Re: HELP getting petition leaflets printed and out. [Re: Bay wolf]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Lets give it one more go...

Printable Petition Flyer

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#970928 - 01/05/17 08:42 PM Re: HELP getting petition leaflets printed and out. [Re: Bay wolf]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
As I mentioned above, if you use the email address associated with your Facebook account, you can share the link to the petition with just one click.

It works, and it keeps sending me emails every time one of my Facebook friends clicks the link and signs the petition, probably up to a dozen or 15 by now.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#970930 - 01/05/17 08:48 PM Re: HELP getting petition leaflets printed and out. [Re: ]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: Steelspanker
Bingo. Now it works.

Nevermind, Paker.

Bay wolf, wouldn't it be better to put this link in the flyer so they don't have to navigate? Maybe bitly it?

https://www.change.org/p/open-the-wdfw-t...medium=copylink

The problem is, the flyer is meant to be printed and handed out in hard copy, not electronic. Another way to get the word out.
The URL to the petition is WAY to long. I did Bitly it, but it made it pretty convoluted.

The flyer will probably reach out to guys like me who aren't real tech savvy.

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#970936 - 01/05/17 10:42 PM Re: HELP getting petition leaflets printed and out. [Re: Bay wolf]
primetime Offline
Eyed Egg

There are plenty of people who are not on forums or facebook. Plenty of our oldtimers don't know how to navigate the internet. Some suggestions for flyers would be ACE hardward in Granite Falls. This is a community that used to be able to fish the south fork of the stilly, canyon creek, and most notably the pilchuck. I would check would give flyers former fishing towns such as darrington (shell), concrete, marblemount, mount vernont, teds sporting goods, etc. There are plenty of people who would sign this petition who are unaware. Such as my 70 grandpa who knew the glory days and has caught thousands of salmon and steelhead.

#970937 - 01/05/17 10:55 PM Re: HELP getting petition leaflets printed and out. [Re: primetime]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: primetime
There are plenty of people who are not on forums or facebook. Plenty of our oldtimers don't know how to navigate the internet. Some suggestions for flyers would be ACE hardward in Granite Falls. This is a community that used to be able to fish the south fork of the stilly, canyon creek, and most notably the pilchuck. I would check would give flyers former fishing towns such as darrington (shell), concrete, marblemount, mount vernont, teds sporting goods, etc. There are plenty of people who would sign this petition who are unaware. Such as my 70 grandpa who knew the glory days and has caught thousands of salmon and steelhead.

Excellent suggestions!! I just opened a new topic with a link to the printable flyer. Maybe you can get some guys to get those printed and out that way!!
Thanks for helping!

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#970938 - 01/05/17 11:01 PM Re: HELP getting petition leaflets printed and out. [Re: Bay wolf]
primetime Offline
Eyed Egg

I live in the granite falls area. I will provide to ACE. Hopefully others will do so in their local communities.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 939 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |