THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 16 of 20 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#905590 - 09/10/14 03:31 PM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months *** [Re: The Moderator]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Oh, he'll be back. wink

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#905697 - 09/11/14 05:26 PM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: ]
Waterboy Offline
Returning Adult

#905699 - 09/11/14 05:37 PM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: Waterboy]
Snake Pliskin Offline
Bead

Loc: Duvall
But there has been 3 sightings in Cle Elum in the last year, pics of footprints too. This, plus the solar flare that is going to hit soon...maybe Rich is on to something? Now all we need is a giant mutant Possum.

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=45049

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=43244

#906592 - 09/19/14 05:49 PM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: ]
gooybob Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma
Really? I mean really? If big foot existed we would be finding more than blurred pictures, videos and phony footprints. When are you guys going to get off of it? The famous film of the California sighting years ago is still used in these ridiculous shows and the guy that did it confessed years ago and yet it's still being shown. We find remains of people from thousands of years ago but no one has found any legitimate remains of big foot. It's time to grow up and forget about bigfarce oh I meant big foot. By the way, I saw aliens abducting Ray Rice. They are doing a study on domestic abuse.

#906625 - 09/20/14 01:15 AM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

The Bigfoot Believers get off it by becoming Doomsday Preppers...when Doomsday fails to materialize within a reasonable time they move on to being abducted by aliens.

Fish on...

Todd

#909665 - 10/15/14 02:17 PM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: Todd]
Rossiman Offline
Spawner

Loc: Monroe, WA
This thread is pure comedy gold...

#924789 - 03/10/15 06:45 PM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: ]
stonefish Online   content
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park

#926612 - 04/06/15 12:27 PM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: stonefish]
NOFISH Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Olalla, WA
Bigfoot Symposium coming to Bremerton!

Damn Stam!
Remember, Ask yourself "What would Stam do?" smile

#926625 - 04/06/15 01:43 PM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2015/03/1...enced-10-years/

Naked Man Who Attacked Oregon Hunter while Pretending to Be Bigfoot Sentenced to 10 Years

BY: Daniel Xu + POSTED: 3/16/15

Hunters often face many dangers in the wild, but a naked man claiming to be Sasquatch and armed with a handsaw is generally not among the usual hazards.

In October 2013, 58-year-old Jeff McDonald ventured into the woods of Manning, Oregon for a chance at bagging some venison. It was an area that he was familiar with, and known to be popular with other hunters as well. That was why when McDonald first saw 22-year-old Linus Norgren, the hunter’s initial reaction was to wonder why Norgen was dressed in tan clothing in the middle of deer season. However, it turned out that McDonald mistook Norgen’s completely nude body for flesh-colored clothes. The only thing the other man carried was a pruning saw in one hand.

“I was armed with a high-powered rifle,” McDonald told The Oregonian. “I thought he’s probably not going to do anything.”

Staying calm, McDonald asked the young man his name and what he was doing in the forest. Norgen simply responded that he was a Sasquatch from a family of Sasquatches. At this point, the hunter recalled making sure his gun was pointed away from Norgen to avoid upsetting him. McDonald even offered to help guide Norgen out of the woods. It was a bad idea. As the two men turned to leave, Norgen struck McDonald in the back of the head with a rock and the hunter lost consciousness.

When McDonald came to, he was on the ground and Norgen was attempting to strangle him. The hunter said that Norgen tried to gouge out one of his eyes and even shoved a fist through his mouth. With his shoulders dislocated from the fall, McDonald had a hard time fighting back, but managed to keep his attacker from inflicting further injuries. When the older man asked why Norgen was trying to kill him, the 22-year-old replied chillingly that “Sasquatch kills the hunter.”

The fight eventually came to a standstill and, unexpectedly, Norgen passed out. According to KPTV, McDonald was able to use this opportunity to retrieve his rifle and hold Norgen captive until police arrived.

Both men met again in a courtroom last Tuesday as Circuit Judge Thomas Kohl sentenced Norgen to 10 years in prison for the attack. McDonald addressed the court, saying that in the year and half since the encounter, Norgen has not accepted responsibility for the attack and has instead been in consistent denial.

“There’s no reason to believe that he is not physically and potentially mentally capable of repeating the same sort of attack that he did to me 17 months ago,” McDonald said.

In his defense, Norgen claimed that the attack was a byproduct of mental illness and an untreated bipolar disorder. Despite that, Norgen did not enter an insanity defense.

“I didn’t want to hurt him,” the young man said in court, adding that he was simply terrified.

You can hear Norgen’s account of the incident to the court below.

That's not a weird story at all...because no stories around Bigfoot are weird.

Fish on...

Todd

#926627 - 04/06/15 01:50 PM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: NOFISH]
stonefish Online   content
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
Originally Posted By: NOFISH
Bigfoot Symposium coming to Bremerton!

I'm a bit disappointed the symposium isn't being held in conjunction with a preppers convention. That would be a great 2fer.

Looks like Bigfoot likes to steelhead as well.
https://vimeo.com/123524701

#926630 - 04/06/15 03:06 PM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: ]
NOFISH Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Olalla, WA
I didn't know Rich drank Hammies! My kind of guy, nothing premium but the price.......

Damn Stam!
Remember, Ask yourself "What would Stam do?" smile

#926641 - 04/06/15 05:16 PM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: Todd]
Excitable Bob Online   happy
Returning Adult

Loc: fuctifino
Rich G probably knows this guy, all part of the BigFeet Clan. Hopefully will be posting about this soon. Too much hash oil will do that to you.

Edited by Excitable Bob (04/06/15 05:20 PM)
Come on down where we can play
Come on down to my boat baby
Come on down we'll sail away.

#970892 - 01/05/17 03:30 PM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: Dave Vedder]
No More Ice Fishin Offline
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: Dave Vedder

Bill Herzog swears he saw one on the upper Duckabush. Claims it threw rocks the size of watermelons in the water near them. He says his buddy literally crapped his pants.

Old thread I stumbled upon. My almost 5 year old kid has been obsessed with Sasquatch the last couple years. I have to admit some of the stuff out there has gotten me interested, too, including Meldrum's work on the footprints (including the prints from the "creature" in the Patterson-Gimlin film), the latest analysis on the original film, and eyewitness accounts from a couple folks I've run into.

Here is the Herzog account Dave mentioned. I don't know the guy, but I respect people who seem to respect him. He doesn't strike me as a guy seeking glory.

It looks like he submitted his account of the 1982 incident to the BFRO in 2013. Anyone have thoughts on this?

Here is what Herzog wrote: (http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=40378)

LOCATION DETAILS: Near the mouth of a creek, approx four miles above hwy 101. There are two small houses nearby, down a dirt road, the only way into this spot. There is an old abandoned fish hatchery from the 30s there.

NEAREST TOWN: Brinnon, WA

NEAREST ROAD: Hwy 101

OBSERVED: Here is something I've wanted to tell for years, but frankly my professional career as a writer would be in question, here it is... my-self and two lifelong friends were fishing at night on the Duckabush River in a canyon on the Olympic Peninsula. We were a quarter mile from the road, it was 1 am and we were standing on a large log, all three of us a few feet apart, casting. The river is approx. 100 feet across, the other side very steep, devils club, etc, going up into wilderness of the O.N.P. (Olympic National Park). The river erupted ten feet in front of us, a thunderous crack and then a soaking, knocking over one of our three lanterns.

We each though one of us did it, then two more close together, "crack-crack", wall of water, soaking us. Then in the dim lantern light comes two watermelon sized rocks (how far could you throw one??) from the other side, two more thunderous splashes. My friend Mark said "Look across the river!! What the @@#$ is that!! With just enough light we could see two huge figures standing on the ledge rock on the other side, swaying back and forth, eyes glowing turquoise green in the lantern light. The river was high and uncross-able from rainfall.

We ran like hell, blindly down the thin fishing path downstream to one of the few gravel bars in the area. The instant we popped out on the bar, another huge rock lands in the water a few feet away.
We ran out frightened to death, dove into my friends’ truck and sped home; we never spoke of this for years. It was the most scared I've ever been, my friend had just got out of the Navy, he was a bad a** and he was frozen in his tracks scared. This was January 23rd, 1982. You never forget the day this @#$% happens.

ALSO NOTICED: We have fished there dozens of times during the daytime, and we have on several occasions smelled "wet dog/cardboard/sourish" strong smell in the same area. Ask Mark what happened when he returned to the same area with a non-believer that June 1st at night, shortly after midnight (The time rivers opening day) The rocks started again, they ran the heck out! They did not see anything, just the rocks being thrown from the other side.

OTHER WITNESSES: Three of us, my lifelong friends from Bremerton. We were fishing the river, casting glowing lures for steel-head, standing a few feet apart on a huge downed log on the river bank.

OTHER STORIES: No, but my friend and I have heard howling, not coyotes but a long, guttural howl many mornings while upstream in the canyon proper while hiking and fishing summer steelhead in June and July. Freaky.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: one am, dark as could be, overcast and rainy

ENVIRONMENT: Olympic national rain forest, bottom of where the Duckabush River canyoun begins to open up into river bottom. The river is now closed to fishing. It occured at the bottom of a very long, step hillside across the river.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Ghee Bouche':

Bill noted that the figures were very large and appeared to be swaying back and forth after the first set of rocks landed in front of the group. He estimated that the rocks they were throwing were the size of watermelons as they saw several thrown through the air at them. As the first set of rocks hit in front of them and they noticed that there were figures on the other side of the river, they began to yell at the dark individuals to stop throwing the rocks. Initially believing they were a couple of men (people).

One of the subjects then turned and threw another rock, as Bill recounted, seeing the individual turn, whipping its body around. He noted that their eyes reflected an aquatic green color in the lantern light after they placed the lanterns behind themselves to get a closer look at the figures. Bill physically showed us the location in the daylight, yet stipulated that he would not return to the location at night. The location is a spawning ground for a variety of salmon species and upon reaching the river we noted that there were well over one hundred salmon swimming in front of us, which were mixes of Kings, Coho, Pink and Chum. A small team of us went that night to the road directly above the incident and camped.

When it was roughly 12am we walked the road without lights to make ourselves more approachable. We noted that we were not alone as we slowly made our way up the forest service road in the inky darkness. We could hear walking and movement in the forest at one point and we all stopped to listen. It was unclear exactly what was walking around us, however the habitat we were in, and where the incident took place, is a prime location for their existence to flourish. In recounting the experience, Bill remarked that their group was so frightened that they ran the entire distance back to their vehicle, which I estimated was roughly half a mile.

#970896 - 01/05/17 04:26 PM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: ]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline
My Area code makes me cooler than you

You should pick up a copy of Herzog's book..............................
Spoon Fishing for Sasquatch.

#970913 - 01/05/17 07:29 PM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: ]
chrome/22 Offline
Captain C/22 - Team Stay Up Right!

Loc: Hurricane Ridge , Wa.
Midnight January 23, 1982 I can guarantee you Mr "glowballin" Bill Herzog was higher than a kite.....

Lol

#970915 - 01/05/17 07:41 PM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: ]
RICH G
Unregistered

Every major drainage has atleast one family group on the east OP slope. Did most of my research in the Hamma Hamma, also did some in the Dose on the other side of the river from Elkhorn campground. Investigated a few reports like Bills in that spot, all violent encounters from there, mostly rock throwing. Heard howls and screams at Elkhorn when I stayed two nights there, also had a doe bed down for two nights in my camp, right outside the tent door by the fire, like she was scared of somthing.

Between April and September is when they are across from Elkhorn, there is a major Creek that runs off Jupiter just downstream of the bridge, head up that Creek towards the lake it drains from in the spring, it benches going up, one after another. Good chance boulders will be coming down the hill at you if they are there and you might even get followed back down to the bridge. See for yourself if you don't believe me. Spring is when you have the best chance for an encounter.

Could be the same group Bill encountered, similar behavior and right over Jupiter ridge from the Duck where his story is from.

Edited by RICH G (01/05/17 07:50 PM)

#970916 - 01/05/17 07:54 PM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

And we're off....... rofl

- Albert Einstein.

#970917 - 01/05/17 07:57 PM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: ]
RICH G
Unregistered

Just thought I would pass on some supporting knowledge to bills report.

#970919 - 01/05/17 07:59 PM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
It's perfectly believable now that I heard Herzog had an encounter.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#970921 - 01/05/17 08:11 PM Re: Keep Bigfoot on your mind over the next few months [Re: ]
RICH G
Unregistered

Alot of people have encounters and don't know it, maybe even you Dan. When you feel like your being watched and the hair stands up on your arms and back of your neck it's because you are being watched, sometimes it's a cougar but more times than not it's a sasquatch. Truthfully these things are not rare at all I bet on the OP alone there are 300+ sasquatch. They are literally everywhere, the more rainfall the higher the population density throughout the world, every continent.

We identified 111 individuals in the DNA study, I submitted samples which identified 5 individuals, 1 in the Hamma Hamma and 4 in the Wedekind creek drainage. Out of all 111 only the 4 in Wedekind were related which shows they have significant genetic diversity and more than a large enough population to avoid inbreeding. There DNA is just as diverse as ours. The one in he Hamma Hamma and he ones in Wedekind were not even cousins, if they were rare and living that close together they would have been closely related, there is enough that inbreeding does not happen.

Edited by RICH G (01/05/17 08:20 PM)

Page 16 of 20 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Carcassman), 1080 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |