Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#971237 - 01/09/17 07:16 PM Sanctuary cities
RICH G
Unregistered

https://www.oathkeepers.org/congressman-lou-barlettas-bill-defund-sanctuary-cities/
This bill will make its third attempt and is likely to pass this time.

http://cis.org/Sanctuary-Cities-Map
look at this map to see who will be losing all federal funding if this passes.

Counties will lose more than the cities especially the more rural ones, most cities get 50 to 60% of their operational funding from the federal government which funnels through the states mostly. If this happens cities and counties will literally have infrastructure collapses which they will not be able to overcome.

ON the OP both Jefferson and Clallam are sanctuary counties.

California is a sanctuary state and already in a bad way, if this happens, i wouldn't be headed to California unless you like poverty and chaos.

If you look at the map it pretty much shows sanctuary status exists mostly in states and districts that overwhelming vote democratic. This could be a strategic move to destroy those voter bases permanently.

Edited by RICH G (01/09/17 07:21 PM)

#971344 - 01/11/17 11:02 AM Re: Sanctuary cities [Re: ]
Capt. Quint Offline
Parr

Loc: Amity Is., NY
"California is a sanctuary state and already in a bad way, if this happens, i wouldn't be headed to California unless you like poverty and chaos. "

Soooooo you define "poverty" and "chaos" thusly:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_California
"The economy of California is the largest in the United States" and
" The state's GSP grew 4.1% in 2015."

Sign me up for that kind of impoverishment...

#971361 - 01/11/17 02:08 PM Re: Sanctuary cities [Re: ]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
What I find amusing is that they call em' "sanctuary" cities. Nothing says "sanctuary" like being stuck in Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit, Oakland, Sac-Town, Fresno, Philly, Memphis, Toledo et al.

#971367 - 01/11/17 02:45 PM Re: Sanctuary cities [Re: NickD90]
Jason Beezuz Offline
My Waders are Moist

Loc: PNW
Originally Posted By: NickD90
What I find amusing is that they call em' "sanctuary" cities. Nothing says "sanctuary" like being stuck in Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit, Oakland, Sac-Town, Fresno, Philly, Memphis, Toledo et al.

+1000

Maybe it's amphetamines.

#971375 - 01/11/17 05:48 PM Re: Sanctuary cities [Re: NickD90]
dwatkins Offline
I'm Idaho!

Originally Posted By: NickD90

nice list, the worst town I have been in (and I have been to all of those) was philly hands down. seattle though is getting just as sh!tty to be perfectly frank.

#971378 - 01/11/17 05:58 PM Re: Sanctuary cities [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

What I find crazy, is that Anchorage is a sanctuary city.

- Albert Einstein.

#971391 - 01/12/17 09:07 AM Re: Sanctuary cities [Re: ]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

I could stand to be better informed. Leaning somewhat to the left as I do, I thought I generally understand bleeding heart liberalism. But honestly, I don't know what bleeding heart attributes being a sanctuary city provides. What warm fuzzy feelings does a sanctuary city get from so designating itself.

May the Dark Side Abide and make me informed.

#971392 - 01/12/17 09:32 AM Re: Sanctuary cities [Re: ]
Carcassman Online   content
River Nutrients

Loc: Olema,California,Planet Earth
I think it means they won't help the Feds know about any illegal/undocumented/questionable status immigrants. It is don't ask, don't tell.

In a few egregious cases, and Hank can provide more details, this has allowed people to stay in the US and then kill folks.

Like everything else political, "our" illegals are nice folks; it is "yours" that are the problem so leave us alone.

#971393 - 01/12/17 09:46 AM Re: Sanctuary cities [Re: ]
RICH G
Unregistered

Currently sanctuary cities get all kinds of benefits with the designation like enhanced federal funding for subsidized housing, education, and all other social services.

I know a guy who is an illegal Mexican, been here for 30 years, he is married to a 400 pound white woman who is disabled due to her weight, they have a child together and own a home. They reciev approximately $110,000. Per year in federal and state subsidies, he does landscaping for $25.00 per hour under the table and has for 20 years, he runs the buisness and has one employee. The feds pay his mortgage, buy his food, pay his medical and pay for his daughters private school tuition and for her lunches and uniforms. About three years ago he had a heart attack and the medical bills amounted to $200,000. The government paid every penny of the medical costs.

He's a nice guy and all, but....

Port Townsend is thinking about designating themselves as sanctuary and one of the big reasons is the high level of ADU rental housing. Currently if a city designates itself as such they get alot of money for rent subsidies. There are no jobs but the city wants to attract cheep subsidized labor to service the wealthy people who live in the area and to fatten the cities budget on federal money.

This system has evolved under Clinton, Bush and Obama, illegals are profitable for cities, they don't stimulate the legit econemy but municipalities get alot of money for welcoming them with open arms. The printing press pays the bills. Someone is holding the bag but the debt has not been called in yet.

Edited by RICH G (01/12/17 10:06 AM)

#971395 - 01/12/17 09:56 AM Re: Sanctuary cities [Re: ]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Island Time
Because sanctuary cities bestow all benefits entitled to US citizens to illegal aliens the number of illegal voters is off the charts. If all the illegal votes were identified and discarded Trump would have won California.

Anyone that needs to cite Wikipedia in support of their assertion that Kalifornia isn't chithole and they're flush with cash needs to pull their head out of Obongo's brown eye. It's unbelievable how detached from reality the limp wristed left really is. You can't make this chit up.

If you don't like our prices bring your wife down and we'll dicker.

#971397 - 01/12/17 10:10 AM Re: Sanctuary cities [Re: ]
FleaFlickr02 Offline
River Nutrients

If you like reasonably priced produce, you are pro-sanctuary. If the day ever comes when migrant workers can't be employed without penalty, we'll be paying $10/lb. for apples, and landscaping will become prohibitively expensive for all except the types who whine and bitch about welfare all the time.

I'll admit it bothers me that there are a lot of people permanently attached to the government teat (and a few even living better than most working folk), and I think we could stand some reform there. In terms of overall social cost, however, corporate welfare is hugely more damaging and deserving of riddance.

#971422 - 01/12/17 07:41 PM Re: Sanctuary cities [Re: ]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

So if a city designates itself a sanctuary city, then the federal gov't. sends buckets of money that the city can then dole out to illegal aliens? That's what you're saying? That's far fetched enough that I need some empirical evidence to corroborate that. Applicable law citations and suchlike will do. Otherwise it's just not believable.

#971423 - 01/12/17 07:57 PM Re: Sanctuary cities [Re: FleaFlickr02]
blackmouth Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: right place/wrong time
Originally Posted By: FleaFlickr02
If you like reasonably priced produce, you are pro-sanctuary. If the day ever comes when migrant workers can't be employed without penalty, we'll be paying $10/lb. for apples, and landscaping will become prohibitively expensive for all except the types who whine and bitch about welfare all the time.

I'll admit it bothers me that there are a lot of people permanently attached to the government teat (and a few even living better than most working folk), and I think we could stand some reform there. In terms of overall social cost, however, corporate welfare is hugely more damaging and deserving of riddance.

You are, as usual, true to form. rofl

Edited by blackmouth (01/12/17 08:06 PM)
Edit Reason: change from as always

"So it goes." Kurt Vonnegut jr.

#971473 - 01/13/17 04:27 PM Re: Sanctuary cities [Re: ]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Thanks Hank. Now get me closer to understanding if you will. Under what federal acts or programs does US send those buckets of money to the cities, and under what programs do the cities dole it out to undocumented immigrants. Seriously, given all the possible ways gov'ts can piss money down a rathole, why does any city decide it's in its best interest (gov't always acts in its best interest, right?) to dole out loads of money to undocumented immigrants? What does a city get out of the deal?

#971475 - 01/13/17 06:39 PM Re: Sanctuary cities [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

T.B.

- Albert Einstein.

#971479 - 01/13/17 07:58 PM Re: Sanctuary cities [Re: Salmo g.]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Island Time
Originally Posted By: Salmo g.
Thanks Hank. Now get me closer to understanding if you will. Under what federal acts or programs does US send those buckets of money to the cities, and under what programs do the cities dole it out to undocumented immigrants. Seriously, given all the possible ways gov'ts can piss money down a rathole, why does any city decide it's in its best interest (gov't always acts in its best interest, right?) to dole out loads of money to undocumented immigrants? What does a city get out of the deal?

Department of education
HUD
ATF
DEA
HHS
Department of agriculture
Affordable care act (lol)
Etc, Etc, Etc

What do cities get out of it? Stam answered your question partially but on top of the benefits that Stam listed the driving force is that the democrats get votes. They get re-elected by bleeding hearted fools, idiots that think the government will take care of them and improve their chitty life by taxing evil corporations and greedy rich people.

If you don't like our prices bring your wife down and we'll dicker.

#971484 - 01/13/17 09:43 PM Re: Sanctuary cities [Re: RowVsWade]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

So which one are you, a corporation or the wealthy guy?

#971485 - 01/13/17 09:48 PM Re: Sanctuary cities [Re: ]
RICH G
Unregistered

Good answer RvW!

This is a touchy subject because a large number of the illegals contribute to society,. A significant percentage of the illegals in this country are here on overstayed visas in addition to people coming over the southern boarder. The overstayed visas group who usses the sanctuary cities pretty much exclusively to stay in this country, gain employment and live in the city not having to wory about their "status". That is the group the sanctuary city status is meant to protect, not people coming from the southern boarder.

#971492 - 01/14/17 10:01 AM Re: Sanctuary cities [Re: ]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Like I said Stam, what does a city get out of it that would make the city want to do it? There's gotta' be some positive motive. The garbage, crap, and needles don't really cut it as a positive motive. People need a reason to do something. I'm not seeing the reason for a city yet. Still looking.

#971497 - 01/14/17 10:23 AM Re: Sanctuary cities [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
The city gets money for doing nothing.

Similar to members of Congress.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
free time, greenlayoid, Kokanee Kids, Lisa Tyree, SpinyRay
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1034 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645427 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |