THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 7 of 13 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#971592 - 01/16/17 02:05 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: eyeFISH]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
Originally Posted By: eyeFISH
Keep an eye on KING5 news tonight, folks.

Rich said this was coming! I figured it would be tomorrow though.

#971600 - 01/16/17 05:43 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Just saw the clip seconds ago.

Thank you, Mr Hamilton!

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#971602 - 01/16/17 06:00 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
Great Bender Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Hood Canal
Lord, I needed that!! Well done, Tim Hamilton!! Straight forward, curt and concise...totally up lifting!!

#971603 - 01/16/17 06:24 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Graham, WA
Tim and I were at the Commission meeting and both spoke about the Closed Meetings. Tim spoke regarding legal action, I spoke voicing our collective voices and gave them information about our petition and read comments from the petition!

I'm putting an update together on the Commission meeting along with our efforts to continue to work with Tim's Advocacy and our numbers!

Allison from King 5 has been working with both of us to complete the picture.

One more segment tonight on King 5 at 6:30

WE NEED EVERYONE TO GO TO KING5NEWS.COM AND COMMENT ON THE STORY!!! WE NEED HUNDREDS OF COMMENTS!!

YOUR SIGNATURES ON THE PETITION MADE A MAJOR IMPACT!!!

More to come. On

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#971612 - 01/16/17 09:18 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

HERE IS THE LINK TO THE KING 5 NEWS PIECE. THE REPORTER, ALISON MORROW, DID A GREAT JOB GETTING TO THE TRUTH.
Fishermen demand change for upcoming season
http://www.king5.com/mb/tech/science/env...eason/386567141

WE NEED TO KEEP THE MEDIA INVESTED IN THIS STORY! IT IS THE MEDIA ATTENTION THAT MAKES THE LEGISLATURES UNCOMFORTABLE!

PLEASE EMAIL KING 5 NEWS (THE BIG GUY) AND CC: ALISON'S BOSSES AND LET THEM KNOW HOW IMPORTANT THE STORY AND THE ISSUE IS! A THANK YOU TO ALISON MORROW AS WELL.

PLEASE EVERYONE. EMAIL! THE MORE THEY GET, THE MORE THEY REPORT IN THE FUTURE!

HERE ARE THE EMAIL ADDRESS FOR THEM:
Jrose@king5.com BIG BOSS
Ccarson@king5.com
Rwalker@king5.com

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#971618 - 01/17/17 07:33 AM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
fishbreath Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Bellingham,WA
Done, emailed all three of them. Lets hope they give this the attention it deserves!

#971619 - 01/17/17 08:10 AM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
fishbadger Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Gig Harbor, WA
Done.

Thank you PM (BayWolf) for keeping the ball rolling,

fb

#971632 - 01/17/17 12:30 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
Carcassman Online   content
River Nutrients

Loc: Olema,California,Planet Earth
I emailed King5 about how the Leg is solving the problem (for hunting) by proposing to exempt those state/tribal/gov meeting from Public Disclosure. Fish will be next.

#971634 - 01/17/17 01:10 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
redlodge Offline
Fry

Loc: Kirkland
Be interesting to see which members of the legislature are in their pocket. Of all the states that have treaty Native within their borders, we seem to have the most trouble. I do not think that the general public is aware how much trouble The Natives who have the upper hand are going to cause. I also sent emails to King 5 group.

#971635 - 01/17/17 01:14 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Thanks guys!

Our next major push is the shows;

Gonna need some volunteers to pass out flyers and talk to people at the shows.

Anybody know how we can get a few passes to the shows for volunteers?

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#971639 - 01/17/17 01:34 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
Old Crab Offline
Alevin

PSA has a booth and I imagine CCA has one also. Different PSA groups have booth duty on different days. Get the petitions to them....

#971641 - 01/17/17 01:45 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
Old Crab Offline
Alevin

OK, just one more comment before I 'lurke' some more.... There are over 11,000 members on PP. Assuming most care, how do we get at least half to sign petitions and/or email our elected representatives.

#971642 - 01/17/17 01:48 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Old Crab]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Originally Posted By: Old Crab
OK, just one more comment before I 'lurke' some more.... There are over 11,000 members on PP. Assuming most care, how do we get at least half to sign petitions and/or email our elected representatives.

Kinda sad, eh?

That petition should have easily been 20,000 strong by now.

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#971645 - 01/17/17 02:11 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
fishbadger Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Gig Harbor, WA
For max PR broadcast, I would suggest making this a "transparency" thing. . .not a "rec's vs. the tribes" thing. Nobody can argue against transparency. As soon as it goes anti-tribe, we lose the high-ground.

Of course if transparency leads to a greater understanding of the nature of "things", and based on that, the casual non-fishing Washingtonian takes an anti-tribe stance, then so be it.

fb

#971647 - 01/17/17 03:26 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
Carcassman Online   content
River Nutrients

Loc: Olema,California,Planet Earth
It goes beyond simple transparency. There is a law mandating a process. This is supposed to be a country and state that follows laws. Not just when it is convenient.

#971649 - 01/17/17 04:16 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Old Crab]
chukar14 Offline
Fry

Loc: Duvall
Originally Posted By: Old Crab
PSA has a booth and I imagine CCA has one also. Different PSA groups have booth duty on different days. Get the petitions to them....

Could maybe setup a ipad and people could fill out the petition info right at the booth

#971652 - 01/17/17 05:43 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

I'm afraid neither CCA nor the PSA groups would allow us to co-share the booth with them. They have a responsibility to represent ALL of the membership. And even if the officers agreed with an issue, they are still bound to represent all. Since their membership are "dues" paying. Unless every single one of them agreed, they cannot endorse or put their organization behind anything this political.

I understand. I do appreciate that they pass on information about these issues to their membership, and we do in fact, have many CCA and PSA members signed on the petition.

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#971658 - 01/17/17 07:52 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

OK folks...

Spread the link to the KING5 broadcast to as many of your contacts as possible with another plea to sign the petition (provide link).

I don't know how any thinking man who watches the newscast could possibly not feel compelled to sign the petition.

What have you got to lose?

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#971659 - 01/17/17 07:55 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Second pass thru Ifish seems to be picking up another round of NEW signatures.

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#971661 - 01/17/17 09:00 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

I think some guys thought this a lost cause from the start and just didn't want to waste their time. Others just don't care. But there are still a great many that just don't understand how important to the whole Co-management process this is!

Thanks guys for all your effort. We just gotta reach out one at a time and let them know!

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

Page 7 of 13 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 939 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |