THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 8 of 13 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#971669 - 01/18/17 06:55 AM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
BW Offline
Spawner

Loc: LAKEWOOD,WA,USA
Actually Bay wolf, all you have to do is contact a PSA board member and see if they are willing to bring it before the board. There is a different chapter manning the booth each day of the show. Each chapter displays the literature they choose (within reason). Do you know any board members? Or you can go on any of our webs sites and find the contact info and speak with us and see what happens. I know you think we are just a fishing club, right.

#971675 - 01/18/17 08:51 AM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: BW]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Graham, WA
Originally Posted By: BW
Actually Bay wolf, all you have to do is contact a PSA board member and see if they are willing to bring it before the board. There is a different chapter manning the booth each day of the show. Each chapter displays the literature they choose (within reason). Do you know any board members? Or you can go on any of our webs sites and find the contact info and speak with us and see what happens. I know you think we are just a fishing club, right.

BW, thank you. I don't know any of the leadership personally. I take it from your response that you may, or are in a leadership position yourself in PSA.

I would appreciate ANY help in getting contact to PSA. Even if it is just a list of email addresses.

My hope is that members of the groups would be bringing this up to the leadership and they as a club would make a decision internally.

I'm positive the various PSA groups are aware of what we are doing.

Edited by Bay wolf (01/18/17 08:51 AM)

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#971676 - 01/18/17 09:07 AM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
BW Offline
Spawner

actually Ron Warren (WDFW number 2) was aware of this as of the 5th, when I spoke with him last.

I can bring it to my board (South Sound Chapter) tonight. I make no guarantees.

We will be manning the booth on Sunday the last day of the show. But you could go the state board web site and contact them and maybe get more exposure. Up to you.

For my part, yes, I am a board member and the new webmaster for the south sound chapter.

#971678 - 01/18/17 09:19 AM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: BW]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

actually Ron Warren (WDFW number 2) was aware of this as of the 5th, when I spoke with him last.

I can bring it to my board (South Sound Chapter) tonight. I make no guarantees.

We will be manning the booth on Sunday the last day of the show. But you could go the state board web site and contact them and maybe get more exposure. Up to you.

For my part, yes, I am a board member and the new webmaster for the south sound chapter.

THANK YOU BW,
I'll send an email to the State Board.

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#971679 - 01/18/17 09:39 AM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED, NOW'S THE TIME TO STEP UP!

The various trade shows are fast approaching. There will be thousands in attendance through out the different events!

This is an excellent opportunity to get the message out to many who have yet to hear what we are doing. OUR STRENGTH IS IN OUR NUMBERS!

I will be at the Puyallup Sportsmen show, but I can't do this by myself!

WE ARE A GRASS ROOTS MOVEMENT, REMEMBER. WE HAVE DONE SO MUCH BY SOLIDARITY. I CAN'T PROMISE A FREE PASS, NOR FUNDS TO PRINT FLYERS. I NEED TO ASK ANYONE TO HELP ANYWAY THEY CAN. BY PROVIDING PASSES FOR VOLUNTEER'S, OR PERHAPS PRINTING FLYERS, AND OF COURSE, GOING TO THE SHOWS AND MAKING CONTACT WITH PEOPLE AND GETTING THE WORD OUT!

WE NEED VOLUNTEERS TO PASS OUT FLYERS AND SPEAK TO PEOPLE AT THE VARIOUS SPORTSMEN SHOWS AND BOAT SHOWS THAT ARE UPCOMING!

TRI-CITIES SPORTMEN SHOW STARTS JAN 20-22.
ANYONE IN THE TRI-CITIES AREA, PLEASE PRINT SOME FLYERS AND GET THE WORD OUT!

THE WASHINGTON SPORTSMEN SHOW IS A BIG ONE: JAN 25 - 29.
WE NEED SEVERAL PEOPLE TO WORK THIS SHOW!

SEATTLE BOAT SHOW IS ANOTHER BIG EVENT: JAN 27 - FEB 4.
WE NEED SEVERAL PEOPLE TO WORK THIS AS WELL.

IF YOU WILL HELP, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO WE CAN GET PASSES OR PRINT FLYERS FOR ANY OF THESE EVENTS FOR THE VOLUNTEERS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

HERE IS THE LINK FOR THE PRINTABLE FLYER!

PRINTABLE PETITION FLYER

Edited by Bay wolf (01/18/17 01:25 PM)

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#971693 - 01/18/17 04:04 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
Great Bender Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Hood Canal
I'm good for any of, or all the day on Thurs. 26th. Once we get the logistics together (locate @ access gates, building entries or interiors, visible signage size and content, "party line" verbage and main focal points, strategic do's and don'ts, individual or multiple signature petition sheets, etc.) we can put the entire package together. Looks like a planning session prior to the Show(s) is in order...
If this is worth doing--and we all know it is--then it's worth doing right. Keep in mind what's at stake...WE ARE NOT SELLING ANY THING, BUT WORKING TO 1) PROTECT OUR LEGAL RIGHTS, and 2) CREATE A SUSTAINABLE SALMON RESOURCE WITH AN EQUITABLE HARVEST PLAN.

#971695 - 01/18/17 05:29 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
Old Crab Offline
Alevin

BW: I'm on the board of the East Jefferson PSA. Our club will be manning the PSA booth on Thursday Jan 26th, start to finish. Get the paperwork to me there and unless the rest of our board or the state board objects, we can display it and talk it up! Ask for Don

#971700 - 01/18/17 07:07 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Old Crab]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: Old Crab
BW: I'm on the board of the East Jefferson PSA. Our club will be manning the PSA booth on Thursday Jan 26th, start to finish. Get the paperwork to me there and unless the rest of our board or the state board objects, we can display it and talk it up! Ask for Don

Old Crab, not sure if you were speaking to BW or referencing me Bay Wolf (BW) but "Thank You" for your and BW's effort to have your Chapters support us at the Sportsmen Show. Please let us know for sure if it's a go and we will get with you to set things up!

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#971775 - 01/19/17 02:04 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
Old Crab Offline
Alevin

Bay Wolf.... Just got the approval from the top dog! Somehow get your petition and material to the PSA booth at the sportsman's show on the 26th and the boat show on the 31st-the days my PSA club and I will be manning the booth! I'm sure other PP members are also PSA members and would probably speak up on which days their clubs will be manning the PSA booth and would help. I think someone should snail mail the petitions to you each day so they don't disappear.

#971791 - 01/19/17 05:08 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Old Crab]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: Old Crab
Bay Wolf.... Just got the approval from the top dog! Somehow get your petition and material to the PSA booth at the sportsman's show on the 26th and the boat show on the 31st-the days my PSA club and I will be manning the booth! I'm sure other PP members are also PSA members and would probably speak up on which days their clubs will be manning the PSA booth and would help. I think someone should snail mail the petitions to you each day so they don't disappear.

OLD CRAB, GREAT NEWS!!

I JUST GOT 1000 FLYERS PRINTED (out of my piggy bank). GONNA GO LOOKING FOR CANS TONIGHT TO SELL, SEE IF I CAN GET SOME MORE PRINTED! rolleyes

I'LL BE THERE FIRST THING ON THE 25TH AND WILL GO ALL DAY, EVERY DAY FOR AS LONG AS I HOLD UP! ONLY GOT ONE OTHER GUY (GREAT BENDER) TO HELP WALK THE FLOOR AND PASS OUT FLYERS SO FAR! MAYBE I CAN JUST SWING BY AND PICK UP THE SIGNED FLYERS?

DON'T KNOW WHAT I'LL DO FOR THE BOAT SHOW YET. IF WE DON'T GET ANY VOLUNTEERS FOR THAT EITHER, I'LL DO MY BEST TO GET UP THERE FOR THAT TOO...

STILL LOOKING FOR A LITTLE HELP FELLAS...

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#971815 - 01/20/17 05:45 AM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
BW Offline
Spawner

Have you contacted the state board as requested? They could insure the flyers were displayed for the entire show. That was the recommendation of my board.

#971823 - 01/20/17 09:17 AM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: BW]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Have you contacted the state board as requested? They could insure the flyers were displayed for the entire show. That was the recommendation of my board.

Yes, I sent a request to the State general email and to Ron Garner:

Ron,

As you’re aware, there is a very strong grass roots movement supporting having the WDFW/Tribal NOF meetings open to public oversight.

To that means, our petition has, to date, over one thousand, two hundred signatures, and growing daily.

We have gained attention from the WDFW Commission, WDFW Director and have received highlight on KING 5 News and various sports media.

We are truly a grass roots movement. It is through people speaking to people that we have gained such solidarity with sportsmen, non-tribal commercials and regular citizens who are concerned about transparency in our government.

PSA has long been at the forefront of actions to enhance and protect not only the sport, but more so the fisheries themselves.

We are asking for your support, for our movement in having the WDFW/Tribal NOF meetings brought into the light.

The Washington Sportsmen Show is fast approaching. We will have volunteers at the show, educating sportsmen and women about the issue of these closed door meetings.

We would like to have PSA provide any support possible to assist in getting this word out to the many thousands who have yet to hear the message, and would like to add their voice to the growing numbers of supporters.

Some area’s of consideration would be:
Provided passes to the show for volunteers.
Allow the petition flyers to be on the table at the PSA stations
Encourage PSA members in attendance to educate attendees on the importance of transparency in our fisheries.

Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

Please, feel free to contact me at anytime,

Respectfully,

Haven't heard back...

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#971826 - 01/20/17 11:15 AM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
Great Bender Offline
Juvenile at Sea

My compliments on a well-penned letter with a most pertinent message. From the Coastal bays to the Columbia River, and on to Puget Sound and Its various watersheds...we are ALL in this together. Only a unified approach to the primary issue--that being the creation of a sustainable salmon fisheries resource--will insure opportunity and a fair share for all.
It's time for those in position(s) of leadership to push to the forefront, endorse this movement, and take their rightful place as vanguards--you simply can't lead from the rear!

#971966 - 01/24/17 10:58 AM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Tomorrow is the start of the Washington Sportsmen Show in Puyallup. If you attend the show and see either myself or Great Bender walking the floor and passing out flyers, please stop and introduce yourself.

We will be doing our best to get the word out to as many as we can.

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#971988 - 01/24/17 01:56 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

WDFW ANNOUNCES THE SALE OF THE 2017-2018 LICENSES: REALLY!!!

AND THEY MIGHT COST MORE!!

AS A SHOW OF DISSATISFACTION WITH THE INCREASE IN OUR LICENSE COST AND THE LACK OF TRANSPARENCY WITH THE NOF PROCESS, WE ARE URGING EVERYONE TO NOT PURCHASE A LICENSE RIGHT NOW.

HOLD OFF!! THERE IS TIME TO GET A LICENSE LATER IF YOU CHOOSE TO DO SO.

NOW IS THE TIME TO USE OUR MONEY TO SEND ANOTHER MESSAGE RE-ENFORCING OUR DEMANDS TO BE HEARD AND FOR THINGS TO CHANGE!!

DO NOT PURCHASE A LICENSE AND TALK TO ALL YOU KNOW TO JOIN IN AND NOT PURCHASE A LICENSE NOW!!

WE HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE AND EVERYTHING TO GAIN BY USING OUR WALLETS TO SEND THIS MESSAGE!

TRANSPARENCY IS THE ONLY WAY WE CAN GET TO THE TRUTH!!!

Edited by Bay wolf (01/24/17 02:03 PM)

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#971992 - 01/24/17 03:53 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
GodLovesUgly Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: WaRshington
Can someone show me where the "new" cost schedule is? All I could find was this:

http://wdfw.wa.gov/news/jan2417a/

"License fees for the 2017-2018 season have not changed from the previous year."
I want to be a fisherman.

#971996 - 01/24/17 04:15 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Yes, your correct. The new fees have been proposed but still need approval.

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#972008 - 01/24/17 07:26 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

KING 5 Just aired another piece on the Open Meetings issue. This spot focused on a couple of Commercial fishermen who are fearful that pushing to open the meetings will create "Chaos" and perhaps the tribes will walk out and they will lose their season...

We feel their pain. It's clear the Tribes have a lot of people scared.

But I just can't buy some of what these guys are saying!

KING 5 Commercials Voice concern on Open NOF

Edited by Bay wolf (01/24/17 07:51 PM)

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#972045 - 01/25/17 04:19 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
fishbadger Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Gig Harbor, WA
Pansies.

fb

#972046 - 01/25/17 04:57 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
CedarR Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Olympia, WA
Pete Knudson has been spinning commercial fishing issues for so long, he would have you believe the best instrument for salmon recovery is a gill net. His pointing finger is always aimed at something, or someone else, kinda like Beavis or Butthead. He and his commercial fishing cronies have gotten away with lowholing us and the tribal fishermen, up and down the coast, for decades. No wonder he's not for transparency or change. The Trump administration has Kellyanne Conway; N.W. gillnetters have Pete Knudson. No wonder you can't "buy" some of what he is saying.

Page 8 of 13 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
landcruiserwilly, Tom Trune
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (wolverine, DrifterWA), 1083 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |