Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#973449 - 02/17/17 12:47 AM House bill 1229
Krijack Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Tacoma
I am not sure if this has been discussed much but since we have been talking about the bad bills that the house is pushing forward, maybe its time we try the opposite to and push to get something like this through.. .House bill 1229... AN ACT Relating to ensuring that fishing opportunities in1 Washington are consistent with the economic contributions provided by2 the fishing user groups; amending RCW 77.04.012, 77.04.055, and3 77.12.047

Hopefully this link will take you through to the bill.

http://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium/2017-18/Pdf/Bills/House%20Bills/1229.pdf

#973450 - 02/17/17 06:48 AM Re: House bill 1229 [Re: Krijack]
FleaFlickr02 Offline
River Nutrients

God bless Liz Pike. She's trying, and I hope it gets her lots of votes in the future. We'll need a lot more like her if we're to make progress. Looks like she found a few followers, which is also encouraging.

One issue I have with the bill, as written, is that it touts our salmon and steelhead populations as "world class" and worthy of a lucrative tourism industry. In my opinion, that downplays the fact that our fisheries SHOULD be world class, but prioritizing commercial fishing over recreational depletes those world class stocks to something more like Cleveland class (no offense to anyone from Cleveland). The toursim should be used as a carrot, to exemplify new sources of revenue thst could be fully realized if conservation were our number one priority (and rec. Angling number two).

#973451 - 02/17/17 08:07 AM Re: House bill 1229 [Re: Krijack]
Lucky Louie Offline
Carcass

Unfortunately, I believe this is the bill that Chair Blake of Agriculture & Natural Resources Committee said he is against.

One way this bill could get a hearing is if the hicks in the 19th district vote him out of office. smile

Edited by Lucky Louie (02/17/17 08:08 AM)

No you can’t have my rights---I’m still using them

#973452 - 02/17/17 08:16 AM Re: House bill 1229 [Re: Krijack]
Salmo g. Online   content
River Nutrients

If the bill has to move through Blake's committee, he'll probably kill it. Blake is a total suck up to the small number of NT commercial gillnetters in his district, ignoring the far larger number of recreational anglers.

#973749 - 02/23/17 11:13 AM Re: House bill 1229 [Re: Krijack]
Misguided Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: SWWA
Well anytime a kill net lover is put in charge of dealings with Washington state fishing business you'll get exactly that. A wolf in sheep's clothing.
He also claims to be pro 2A but we shall see his true calling with all the anti constitutional Bill in Olympia this month. SMH....

2nd Generation Army Veteran and Damn Proud of it.

Misguided was the name of my 1st drift boat, I am not to be associated with LAWLESSNESS!!!!

#973752 - 02/23/17 12:24 PM Re: House bill 1229 [Re: Salmo g.]
bob r Offline
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: Salmo g.
If the bill has to move through Blake's committee, he'll probably kill it. Blake is a total suck up to the small number of NT commercial gillnetters in his district, ignoring the far larger number of recreational anglers.

I spoke before Blake and others of his ilk at the hearing for the bill to raise license fees. After complaining about the financial aspects of unfairly targeting rec fishers over commercial interests and stating that we won't get a fair shake until our representatives STOP taking payouts to be re-elected from commercial and tribal interests, I was then chastised for not addressing "the issue". We all need to go to ANY public hearing and accuse these scum of the corruption they all swim in and drink. It's past the time to "play nice", after all, they are pooching us royally. Calling a spade a spade is all we have left. Bob R

#973790 - 02/23/17 11:59 PM Re: House bill 1229 [Re: Krijack]
Misguided Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: SWWA
Politicians don't know [Bleeeeep!] about nothing except $$$$ buying their votes and getting elected. There should be an open season on them to get then recalled or fired!!!

2nd Generation Army Veteran and Damn Proud of it.

Misguided was the name of my 1st drift boat, I am not to be associated with LAWLESSNESS!!!!

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
m_ray, Str8nr
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 178 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |