THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 9 of 13 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#972049 - 01/25/17 06:05 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: ]
CedarR Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Olympia, WA
Originally Posted By: Myassisdragon
" The Trump administration has Kellyanne Conway; N.W. gillnetters have Pete Knudson. No wonder you can't "buy" some of what he is saying."

Now thats a reel relevant point to make about this phucked up fishing mess right now... Press that point just right and ya lost another bunch of sports fisher/hunter folks willing to fight this issue with ya !

Anyone that sensitive should probably skip the Sportsmen Show, and go to the Wedding Expo instead. Knudson's comments were meant to blur the focus of those pushing Baywolf's initiative, to impede it's momentum, and to confuse the uninformed. Propaganda and "alternative facts" need to be exposed for what they are...

#972069 - 01/25/17 10:06 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Graham, WA
UPDATE FROM DAY 1 AT THE SPORTSMEN SHOW

Greg and I spent the day (12 till 8) walking the floor and speaking to people and asking them to sign the petition.

SO, with just Greg and I we got 75 signed petitions. We also passed out a lot of flyers so more may sign on line.

WE COULD OF DONE A LOT BETTER, BUT WITH JUST THE TWO OF US IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO SPEAK TO MORE THAN THAT!

WE STILL HAVE TOMORROW, FRIDAY, SATURDAY AND SUNDAY!

IF YOU BELIEVE IN THIS. IF YOU REALLY THINK WE ARE DOING SOMETHING GOOD HERE, WE NEED YOUR HELP!

THERE ARE SO MANY PEOPLE WHO CAN BE REACHED, BUT GREG AND I CANNOT DO IT ALONE.

WE HAVE SOME FLYERS THAT WE PAID FOR OUT OF OUR POCKET TO HAND OUT. IF YOU CAN HELP, YOU CAN MEET UP WITH US AND WE CAN GET SOME FOR YOU. IF YOU CAN, PRINT SOME OUT AND MEET UP WITH US. WE WILL BE IN THE SHOWPLEX AREA. (The big bldg. with the SportCo and the food court) JUST LOOK FOR THE GUYS PASSING OUT FLYERS AND LET US KNOW YOUR HERE TO HELP.

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#972084 - 01/26/17 11:42 AM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Somewhere on the planet,I hope

Here you go folks just a update on PFMC ? NOF schedules for those interested.

Grays Harbor Advisory Members,

For those interested, listed below are updated meeting dates pertaining to NOF and PFMC:

Meeting Dates Location
Forecast kick-off 2/28/2017 GA Auditorium Building
Olympia, WA

NOF #1 3/17/2017 GA Auditorium Building
Olympia, WA

NOF #2 4/4/2017 Lynnwood Embassy Suites
20610 44th Ave W
Lynnwood, WA 98036

PFMC-Public Hearing 3/27/2017 Chateau Westport
Westport, WA

Previous PFMC #1 & #2 dates and locations have not changed.

If any meeting dates/locations/times should change you will be updated.

Sincerely,

Kim Figlar-Barnes
Fish Biologist
WDFW Fish Program – Region 6
48 Devonshire Rd
Montesano WA, 98563
360-249-4628 ex 235

#972179 - 01/27/17 05:36 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
Chasin' Baitman Offline
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: Bay wolf
UPDATE FROM DAY 1 AT THE SPORTSMEN SHOW

Greg and I spent the day (12 till 8) walking the floor and speaking to people and asking them to sign the petition.

SO, with just Greg and I we got 75 signed petitions. We also passed out a lot of flyers so more may sign on line.

WE COULD OF DONE A LOT BETTER, BUT WITH JUST THE TWO OF US IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO SPEAK TO MORE THAN THAT!

WE STILL HAVE TOMORROW, FRIDAY, SATURDAY AND SUNDAY!

IF YOU BELIEVE IN THIS. IF YOU REALLY THINK WE ARE DOING SOMETHING GOOD HERE, WE NEED YOUR HELP!

THERE ARE SO MANY PEOPLE WHO CAN BE REACHED, BUT GREG AND I CANNOT DO IT ALONE.

WE HAVE SOME FLYERS THAT WE PAID FOR OUT OF OUR POCKET TO HAND OUT. IF YOU CAN HELP, YOU CAN MEET UP WITH US AND WE CAN GET SOME FOR YOU. IF YOU CAN, PRINT SOME OUT AND MEET UP WITH US. WE WILL BE IN THE SHOWPLEX AREA. (The big bldg. with the SportCo and the food court) JUST LOOK FOR THE GUYS PASSING OUT FLYERS AND LET US KNOW YOUR HERE TO HELP.

Excellent work BayWolf! I appreciate what you are doing and I really think it DOES make a difference.

#972191 - 01/27/17 11:05 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Thanks Chasin. We've been working long days to educate and ask support of the guys and gals at the show. We can't reach everyone though. Just too many attendees for us to contact. If anyone wants to pitch in, just look for us. We will have clip boards and walking the floor passing out flyers and talking to people. Just introduce yourself and we will give you some flyers.

Edited by Bay wolf (01/27/17 11:07 PM)

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#972209 - 01/28/17 10:12 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

JUST WENT OVER 2,111 SIGNATURES WITH ON-LINE AND PAPER COMBINED!

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#972452 - 02/02/17 09:47 AM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Here are a few observations we took back from our efforts at the Sportsmens show:

For the most part, sportsmen have very little idea on how the fisheries are really managed. Many didn't know what North of Falcon even was!

The guys we handed a flyer to who we couldn't stop and speak to, basically folded it up or threw it away!

The people we DID speak to almost to the person, signed on the spot! (We got over 800 signatures at the show.)

So, we need to explain better how very IMPORTANT these meetings REALLY ARE! And how they IMPACT THE FISHING!

If we can get that message out, we would have over 10,000 signatures by now!

PLEASE, REACH OUT AND MAKE CONTACT. THE NORTH OF FALCON PROCESS IS AT HAND. WE HAVE EVERYTHING TO LOSE IF WE WAIT FOR SOMEONE ELSE TO DO THE WORK!

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#972458 - 02/02/17 12:16 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
Great Bender Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Hood Canal
I feel the need to echo Bay wolf's concern. With so much coming down the pike--issues re: The Governor and WDFW Commissioners, the pending NOF process and the related disregard for public transparency, ESA potential decisions/actions regarding fish runs, the visible emphasis on Tribal media PR, and the cast of characters behind, the content, and ramifications of House Bill #1097 to be specific--this is not the time for Recreationals to figuratively sit on their hands. Do more than just promote the petition--get on your feet, raise your voice and get involved..while there is still time to make a difference!!

#972550 - 02/03/17 08:09 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

WE JUST PASSED 1500 SIGNATURES ON OUR ON-LINE PETITION!! 2,404 NOW AND GROWING!

Combined with the 904 we got on paper, we have 2,404 Sportsmen, non-tribal commercials, and other citizens sending a very clear message that we will not stand for secrets in our fisheries any longer!

The time is NOW! We cannot let the momentum fade. We cannot ease off and let the political winds blow us aside.

Keep getting the message out! Write, or better yet, call your representatives and the governor.
Let them know about the petition and the WILL OF THE PEOPLE!

They are counting on us fading away. To become apathetic, and give up.
We must stay STRONG and continue to GROW STRONGER!

Edited by Bay wolf (02/04/17 10:20 AM)

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#972598 - 02/04/17 05:41 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: ]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Get Dino Rossi on this. He has already taken on the lack of "OpenMeetings " issues with our governoroid, and this might just fit in nicely with the crap he is already fighting for..

Excellent idea!

Why don't we all write Rep. Rossi right now!

Contact Dino Rossi Washington Legislature

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#972603 - 02/04/17 07:59 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Me too!

Anybody else?

Here is another advocate of Sportsmen we all need to send a note to.
He's the watchdog over the WDFW commission, department and staff.
Chairmen of the Natural Resources and Parks Committee.

Kirk.Pearson@leg.wa.gov

Get a letter to him now, letting him know that a license fee increase should not even be considered until transparency is addressed in our NOF meetings.

Edited by Bay wolf (02/04/17 09:16 PM)

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#972989 - 02/09/17 10:34 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: ]
Chetco Offline
Smolt

Loc: OR
Done !
What about 1950/30/10 Where are the fish what's the reason non are here?

#972995 - 02/10/17 09:13 AM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Chetco]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: Chetco
Done !
What about 1950/30/10 Where are the fish what's the reason non are here?

Not sure what your referring to Chetco. Please give us some more details.

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#973072 - 02/11/17 11:26 AM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

This was just posted in the Tidal Exchange in response to the Tribes call for more co-operation:

Open Letter to NW Treaty Tibes and Lorrein Loomis

Very good point regarding transparency and honest conversations on accountability and harvest!

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#973945 - 02/27/17 05:27 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
rojoband Offline
Returning Adult

Just wondering...given forecasting meetings start this week, any word on if this year's process will open up or not per your petition process?

#973975 - 02/28/17 04:38 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: rojoband]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: rojoband
Just wondering...given forecasting meetings start this week, any word on if this year's process will open up or not per your petition process?

As it stands right now, no. They won't be open, but we have made very significant progress in moving closer to having some sort of public oversight.

I'm working on an update and will post it here soon. I can tell you that the recent meetings at WDFW have had many comments on transparency and the North of Falcon issue. King 5 was at todays meetings and is following the progress of our petition and actions to get these meetings opened.

More to come in a short while...

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#973993 - 02/28/17 11:19 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
Larry B Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: University Place and Whidbey I...
I have this dream where the State sets up the meeting place to include live streaming then has its representatives sit at the table with the doors open and press monitoring the live stream.........and see who shows up and who doesn't. Then negotiate with those in attendance and present the plan to NOAA.

Did I mention this was a dream? Reality sucks!!

It's the person who has done nothing who is sure nothing can be done. (Ewing)

#973995 - 02/28/17 11:46 PM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Larry B]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: Larry B
I have this dream where the State sets up the meeting place to include live streaming then has its representatives sit at the table with the doors open and press monitoring the live stream.........and see who shows up and who doesn't. Then negotiate with those in attendance and present the plan to NOAA.

Did I mention this was a dream? Reality sucks!!

Like it!!
Unfortunately, WDFW does not posses the cojones to do something like that. They are content to blame the Tribes for the roadblock to transparency, and then meet secretly with them and give away the farm just so long as the Tribes agree to let us have a little something.

Let me ask this:

Are we willing to lose our entire fishing season this year, in order to fix this for the future?

The State says: "We fear losing all our fishing opportunities IF the Tribes fail to agree to our recommendations and walk out of the negotiations."

How?

Because without the Tribes "approval" we can't get permits in time through NOAA to be able to fish!

And, apparently, the Tribes will only approve some fisheries for us, IF the State gives them large concessions behind closed doors where the public can't object because we never see what their doing.

Why?

Because the STATE has not applied pressure on the State Representatives to have them pressure NOAA to "Fast Track" our permits like they do the Tribes!

So the status quo is Secret Meetings where the Tribes have the upper hand to get the State to do what they want, or they threaten to walk out! So who's really running our fisheries?

Or, we let them walk out, let all hell break loose, maybe lose a season, but allow the now falling house of cards bring real change for the better of our fisheries where one side does not have leverage over the other...that is true co-management!

The Tribes will NEVER give up anything voluntarily. The State will never challenge them strongly, unless enough people demand it. And without either of those two happing, we will see the last fish taken out of our waters.

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#973996 - 03/01/17 12:20 AM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Transparency in the North of Falcon Meetings has been the major topic of discussion at both the WDFW Fish Projections meetings so far.

At the last meeting in Olympia, several members from the audience voiced frustration and anger at the secrecy in the meetings with the Tribal Co-managers. Adding to the frustration is the utter silence from the Northwest Indian Fisheries Commission(NWIFC) on the issue of Transparency. To date, the State has also stonewalled any further movement toward public oversight.

The bright spot is, Transparency and openness in our fisheries has gained A LOT of attention. And the attention has not gone un-noticed from WDFW. They continue to use the new "buzz-word" transparency in the meetings. But, it's only to make the pretense that they are. Director Unsworth has not had the courtesy to respond to our letter asking him to reach out to the Chairwomen of NWIFC, Lorraine Loomis, nor has the NWIFC responded to our letter asking to remove the roadblock to transparency.

So, where are we now? Light years ahead of where we started from, thats where. We are growing stronger daily. The media, and sports organizations are coming on board, doing articles and spots. We have meetings scheduled with Senators and continue to correspond with WDFW, NWIFC, Representatives and leaders in the fisheries.

This is a hard fight. It is possibly a long fight. The parties involved DO NOT want change. They DO NOT want the public to see how they truly manage OUR resources and they really feel like they can just wait us out!

Now, more than ever, it is time for you, the people, to stop waiting for someone else to DO. It is time for you TO!

Take a minute away from the video game, the TV show or whatever you're doing and send an email. Make a public comment on the WDFW site. Call your representatives office. Send a letter to the NWIFC. DO! Take action now. It is time. We have never been this close to real change. Don't let them wait us out.

If nothing else, Send an email to Senator Kirk Pearson's office: Let him know you support transparency in the Tribal/WDFW NOF meetings.
Cameron.Bailey@leg.wa.gov

Send a letter to Lorraine Loomis, Chairwomen of the Northwest Indian Fisheries Commission. Let her know you want these meetings opened.

Northwest Indian Fisheries Commission (NWIFC)
ATTN: Chairwoman Lorraine Loomis
6730 Martin Way E, Olympia, WA 98516

The time is now! WE WILL BE HEARD!!!

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#973998 - 03/01/17 06:26 AM Re: Petition to Open the WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings [Re: Bay wolf]
Carcassman Online   content
River Nutrients

Loc: Olema,California,Planet Earth
Remember that "The Tribes" are not a monolith, single entity and that NWIFC has no power or standing.

NWIFC is an organization that coordinates tribal actions, negotiation, etc. It does not decide for the tribes; each Tribe does that. Those history fans will remember how well the US of A functioned under the Articles of Confederation where the colonies were a collection of independent states. Or, for a more modern application, the NWIFC is the UN of Tribes. As long as they all agree.

Long way to say that one tribe, objecting to one fishery, can throw out the agreement. The Tribes will work hard to present a united front, cast actions as conservation, so open meetings showing one or two objectors derailing the negotiations is not good.

And WDFW? If they get no season they sell damn few licenses which results in a much smaller and less functional (teed that oe up for ya all) organization. They have to get something to survive.

Anybody know, if after last year's fiasco, if WDFW sent proposed bass, perch, resident trout fishery reg package to NOAA for approval? Those don't need to be hung up on ESA/salmon so they must have done so. Right? They might also have tried to develop their own package and be ready to submit if things go south. That would at least get NOAA in DC's headlights now.

Page 9 of 13 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 939 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |