Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#97424 - 10/10/00 01:53 AM thanks to the 2 sleders on the sky
thisbudsforu Offline
Fry

Loc: yuppieville usa (Kirkland)
id just like to thank the 2 jerkoff sleders that decided to anchor up right in the middle of the 10 people fishin the bank today on the sky. one right in the middle of the fast water and one 20 feet down in the deep pool. it totally ruined the drift for all us bankies, also saw 3 fish lost because they ran up under your boats and broke the line. im sure you didn't care though, you guys had your 4 rods out with line everywhere while you sat in your nice warm covered boats. oh ya, and thats my corkie and yarn thats stuck in your canvas top.

#97425 - 10/10/00 12:49 PM Re: thanks to the 2 sleders on the sky
Kevin Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: seattle,wa
Thats what the 3oz piramid sinker is for. "sorry just trying to plunk where your boat is hope I didn't dent you skull"

Tight lines

Kevin

#97426 - 10/10/00 01:31 PM Re: thanks to the 2 sleders on the sky
BigD Offline
Alevin

Loc: Edmonds, Wa
I knew there was a reason lure manufactures still use treble hooks... they snag canvas even better than salmon!

#97427 - 10/10/00 02:29 PM Re: thanks to the 2 sleders on the sky
Fish Offline
Parr

Loc: Orting, Wa.
Ever hear of the saying two wrongs don't make a right? Your type of reactions also give the sport a bad name. Don't get me wrong it bothers me also when people are ignorant. I guess I would have had to have been there, but I've seen people anchor up out of casting distance to fish a large hole, only to have some guy put on a 3 ounce to cast far enough, so he could yell and cause problems. Like I said I was'nt there, just my 2 cent?

[This message has been edited by Fish (edited 10-10-2000).]

#97428 - 10/10/00 05:08 PM Re: thanks to the 2 sleders on the sky
thisbudsforu Offline
Fry

i understand what your sayin about people goin outa there way to cause problems, but its a different story when the boats are only 10 feet away. i mean the river is only 15, mabey 20ft wide max at that spot. it's bad enough with 1 sled but 2! c'mon thats bs. you shoulda seen the guy that came through in the drift boat, he was rather unhappy to say the least.

#97429 - 10/10/00 05:18 PM Re: thanks to the 2 sleders on the sky
Kevin Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: seattle,wa
I understand what your saying fish but its not like the sky has a ton of holes that don't have bankies in them or the river is wide enough to fish a boat on the other side. It seems the sky is getting ruder and ruder for sleds during salmon season. I dont see quite the same thing happening during steelhead but had a guy buzz me seven times as I worked though a hole last year come on. Just wish people would start thinking of others alittle bit.

Tight lines

Kevin

#97430 - 10/10/00 07:13 PM Re: thanks to the 2 sleders on the sky
Fish Offline
Parr

Loc: Orting, Wa.
Hey guys Fish here, you know how it is, some times you hear some thing and it just pushes the wrong buttons, and then you Vent, now I feel better. You know fishing over the last few years has become such a Battle zone that its getting harder an harder to go out and have a good time. I live right in town in between the Carbon and Puyallup rivers, I use to be able to walk the river, fish meet some new fishing buddies, swap lie's, the good old days. Now try to fish every hole has shoulder to shoulder people, not many fish like most places? you walk down and some body always owns that hole and wants to kick your a@# for trying to step in and make a few cast, its like the cast your going to make is the one where the fish moved in and is ready to strike???. Most of the time when a boat comes through they make a few cast and move on, some times they make a mistake and use the hole for a parking lot,like what must have happened to you guys. Any way there I go again VENTING!!!!!!!! sorry hope we can all just co exist some day and have fun and relax the way Fishing was meant to be. Look forward to meeting you out there soon, Good Luck, Fish.

[This message has been edited by Fish (edited 10-10-2000).]

#97431 - 10/11/00 10:38 AM Re: thanks to the 2 sleders on the sky
Osprey Offline
Spawner

Loc: Osprey Acres /Olympja
Come on Boys...don't waste tackle....use ROCKS

------------------
Row Quietly and fish a Cataraft }<<(('>----<'))>>{
Release all Wild Fish

#97432 - 10/11/00 09:29 PM Re: thanks to the 2 sleders on the sky
8 FOOT LEADER Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Seattle, WA, USA
Hmmmm, I was there on monday, sled #1 was there at daylight(they said), sled #2(mine) pulled in below them around 10 am, didn't see anyone fishing near the two boats until maybe noon when some old folk started fishing near the launch. Are you mad that we were sitting on top of fish and not catching anything when you could be fishing the hole we were on? By the way, THERE WERE NO FISH HOOKED! Fish had lock-jaw( probably barometric pressure change--started raining monday) What are you talking about lost 3 fish under their boats?!?!? 10 people wtf??? try about 6 maybe, 3 drift boats went downriver, The sleds were there first. Get over it. Talk about having having river etiquette. No corkies in my canvas! 20 ft wide river my _ SS, try about 45 ft wide there. Anyone thats been to the "craker-bar" knows its alot wider then 20 ft and plenty of room for all to fish. LINE everywhere??? Both boats running plugs, last time I checked my depth finder there it was maybe 11 ft deep, most plugs you only have to let out maybe 20 to get down to the fish at that depth.

Dang buddy, c'mon! For once I think this is a case of "bank-angler river rage"

I would never pull-up on some bankies! Have some river etiquette! This time I have to stick up for the boats, and in case you didn't notice, after a bit, I moved my boat to accomodate the two people fishing the launch because they started moving down into the hole.

You got a whole river to fish, SO do I, atleast I was kind enough to move.

#97433 - 10/12/00 12:52 AM Re: thanks to the 2 sleders on the sky
Captain Hook Offline
Fry

I'm 51 years old and have been a "bankie" almost my entire life. So I think I understand the frustration the bank fisherman faces. I broke down (with emphasis on "broke") and bought a sled 18 months ago. I've been running it on the Lewis and have done everything in my power to be polite. In fact, the last two times I've been polite, I idled down, dropped down lower in the water - and hit stumps as a result! Now here's my complaint: about a month ago, I had a bank fishermen wade way out into the water that I need to run to make it through a narrow slot. I dropped down to idle thinking he would move back a little bit and let me ease by him, but all he did was stand there and scowl at me. I would have happily idled by him, close to the bank, but he left me no choice. I finally had to put it up on plane, and blast right through the water he was fishing. I'm sure he's still cussing at me, but I had no choice. I think we all need to be polite, and and give each other some room - boater to "bankie", AND "bankie" to boater.

-- Hook

#97434 - 10/12/00 01:33 AM Re: thanks to the 2 sleders on the sky
8 FOOT LEADER Offline
Juvenille at Sea

I know the feeling Captainhook! I can relate. Tell you what THISBUDSFORU, I'de like to show fishing from a different perspective. Let me take you out for a trip in my sled and show you some of the frustrations us boaters have when fishing on the river. I used to walk the banks of the sky, now I fish it from a boat when possible which is not always the case. So don't think I don't care about bank anglers. I try my best to be considerate of other fishermen and boats alike. I also take consideration in the environment as well. For example on monday after I pulled ancor me and my partner drifted down below sultan and climbed out of my sled and walked 3/4 of a mile upriver picking up all the garbage left by bank anglers in a known salmon spawning area. I think that if both boat/sled fisherman and bank anglers alike are considerate of eachother and realize that there are other places then just one spot to fish all the time, then we could all get along much better. And going back to what Captainhook was saying. Sleds gotta have some room to make it up and down the river in. If your standing in the way and you know it, I really hope you know your not doing yourself a favor by being there. First off if your in the way of a sled, chances are thats the deepest slot in the river, your probably standing on the fish and chances are your not going to be hitting those fish. And secondly, If your wearing some darker colored apparel, the results could be dangerous if a sled doesn't see you "holding your ground" in your stuburn fashion. I don't want to see anyone get injured for any reason including rock throwing are casting a weight at a sled. How would you feel if you slung a buzz bomb at a passing sled nailing the driver in the face causing him to crash and killing him. For this we have cell phones and I always carry my video camera, and tell you what, you go a try to even lob any object at my boat or any boat and I'll beat you to your car. The police are going to be involved and things arent going to be nice. I don't care who your are, you assault anyone by throwing an object at them and your going to jail. Just because your outdoors on the river, don't be thinking your going to get away with snagging a hook in my canvas top either. Those are darned expensive and you'll get sued.

So basically this can all be sumed up by a simple unspoken agreement that all fishermen should know. Respect eachother and the environment, keep it safe and have fun. If someones there before you, give them some room, if someone needs help, help them out.

Knowing this I think we can all get along just fine.

Fish-on!

#97435 - 10/12/00 02:31 AM Re: thanks to the 2 sleders on the sky
thisbudsforu Offline
Fry

it wasn't the cracker bar, did i say it was the cracker bar? i don't think so. get your facts straight before you go blasting me.

#97436 - 10/12/00 02:49 PM Re: thanks to the 2 sleders on the sky
AkKings Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kelso Wa.
Hey 8 footer, what the hell is your problem, between this post and your Lk Wash. coho post I've come to the conclusion you must be a real jerk. You seem very defensive, why is that? you out there pissing people off, you jumped all over Thisbudsforu, had you read what he said the bankies were there first so it should have been obvious he wasn't talking about you if you and the other sled were in fact first to the spot. As for the other post you blasted Salmontackler for stating the obvious, ease up dude its just fishing.

#97437 - 10/12/00 08:03 PM Re: thanks to the 2 sleders on the sky
8 FOOT LEADER Offline
Juvenille at Sea

THISBUDSFORU gave the perfect description of the two sleds one of which could have been mine in sultan, one anchored in fast water, the other in the deep hole. If in fact it was somewhere else on the river, I do apologize.

As for the rest of the comments, I won't withdrawl those about people hurling objects at sleds, I was simply sticking up for boaters and their safety.

As for you Akkings, I think my posts are more about trying to get people to take a chill-pill then your snide remarks. I think the only people that are getting pissed off are people of your nature. Check back with the "LAKE WASHINGTON COHO" post and you will see everything was fine until your buddy "salmontackler" jumped in with his snide remarks as follows:

"Jeez 8 foot leader, I hope your arm is OK. When ever I try to pat myself on the back like that I need rotator cuff surgery. BTW whenever I try to think like a fish I can only come up with "Glug Glug" Which sounds remarkably like what you said in 1500 words! Give me a break, think like a an angler, you joker! "

Why does someone need to post comments like that??? you tell me. Then reading further down STEELHEADDUDE jumps in with some more garbage.

Like I said before, just trying to help most people catch something. This time sticking up for safety of sleds!

As for being defensive, that kinda goes without saying in a public forum, you voice your opinion, I voice mine right back at ya!

#97438 - 10/12/00 09:45 PM Re: thanks to the 2 sleders on the sky
AkKings Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kelso Wa.
8ft. leader, all I'm saying is your making yourself sound like a jerk, ease up. by the way, as far as I know I've never met salmontackler, not a buddy of mine just someone who expressed what I was thinking.

#97439 - 10/12/00 10:16 PM Re: thanks to the 2 sleders on the sky
8 FOOT LEADER Offline
Juvenille at Sea

AKkings- I meant "buddy" figuratley speaking. I don't know him or you either as for that matter. As for who's making who look like a "jerk-off" I'm not playing this B.S. game anymore. Maybe I jumped a little too soon before I made my comments about THISBUDSFORU. But in general I think most of them are for the good of both bankies and sleders, don't ya think?

Anyways-Peace

#97440 - 10/12/00 11:11 PM Re: thanks to the 2 sleders on the sky
Hammer Bob Offline
Fry

Loc: Yolo, Ca. USA
8ft leader, I think your post hit the nail on the head (pun intended0. I to have been on both sides of the coin at one time or another. When boats need to move through an area I give them room so they don't have to go over the water I am trying to fish. sometimes they do anyway...inconsiderate but chucking lead or rocks at them won't do any good. In my boat I have anchored in places and fished right below my boat only to have bankies retie their rigs with more weight so they can try and hit me...never did but that's another point. There was no way they (the bankies) could ever fish the water I am over but that doesn't stop the epitaphs from flying. Wrongs are committed on both sides and maybe the original situation was created and initiated by the boaters but firm and polite convrsation will get you farther than violence...it would be assault!

#97441 - 10/12/00 11:42 PM Re: thanks to the 2 sleders on the sky
8 FOOT LEADER Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Your right HammerBob, I couldn't agree more. Violence is not the solution in this case. Were all here to fish and have a good time. We all share the same common goals as eachother whether were in a boat or not.

#97442 - 10/13/00 01:42 AM Re: thanks to the 2 sleders on the sky
thisbudsforu Offline
Fry

when i made the original post i had just gotten back from the most frustrating day of fishing iv ever had. i stood in the rain and got soaked for 3 or 4 hours, i didn't catch a fish and the sleds coming in and taking up all the water just topped it off. i just can't belive that out of the whole river 2 sleds had to park right where us less fortunate people were trying to fish, it was totally uncalled for. and this was just one of those situations that you can't let slide. they got there line snagged and cut twice by 2 bankies, i lost a corkie in there canvas. they got in to huge yelling match with 2 other guys that lasted till they got wet, then they went back under there canvas and sat next to the heater. it made for a really ****ty day. you boaters can't even understand the frustration of the people stuck on the bank, especially when someone in a 20,000$ jetboat takes up residence right in front of them.

and to 8footleader, im not attacking you or blaming you for anything. i don't know you and im sure you would have more sence then to something like that. i was not fishing the craker bar on monday, i was 10 miles from sultan. it just seemed a little quick for you to make your own conclusions and try make me look like a lier. i had a good time in eastern wa. the last couple days hunting phesants and chasing ducks. no people to fight with, no battling for a good spot and no fighting with inconsiderate morons. this last trip definatly spoiled my apetite for salmon fishing from the bank. i hope to get a boat within the next year so i can get back out on the sound and forget all this river bs. i hope this cleared some things up.

#97443 - 10/13/00 01:59 AM Re: thanks to the 2 sleders on the sky
Hammer Bob Offline
Fry

Loc: Yolo, Ca. USA
thisbudsforu; I think you were the victim of some really rude and crude boaters on your last fishing trip. I just don't have a good answer for you. Rudeness can be found in boaters and bankies. As our population increases unfortunatly so do our encounters with this type of rude and crude behavior. I wish I had a good solution...I do know that escalating things to the point of trying to "bean the boaters" isn't the answer. If my day of fishing were ruined I to would have cast over their lines and ruined their day also....but this is not assault. I hope your next fishing experience is more pleasant.....it seems that it would have to be!!

#97444 - 10/13/00 02:02 AM Re: thanks to the 2 sleders on the sky
8 FOOT LEADER Offline
Juvenille at Sea

THISBUDSFORU- No problem there, I can relate, I haven't always had a sled, so theres been many times where I've faced the same situation as you. They should have never pulled infront of you.

#97445 - 10/14/00 09:27 PM Re: thanks to the 2 sleders on the sky
tyeeterror Offline
Spawner

Loc: The Humboldt Nation
i have to respond as well. i can remember when we all used to start at the top of a drift and slowly work down stream. it was a great way for everyone to get to fish the entire drift. now people stand in one spot and never move. i think it all has to do with the down hill slide of our culture. i like to say its generation "me". people are very selfish and have no problem treating each other like crap. there is very little respect of other people left. i hate to say it but i dont see it gettin any better. my 2 cents.

#97446 - 10/14/00 10:51 PM Re: thanks to the 2 sleders on the sky
lester Offline
Smolt

Loc: west richland,wa benton
When we see boater's over here on the Eastside displaying that kind of behavior a quik check usually shows their from Seattle or the surrounding area!!!!!!We've come to call them "Seattle Sportsman".Apparently they get use to bumper to bumper driving and it carries over to boating as well.Please stay on your side of the moutains.lester

#97447 - 10/15/00 10:46 AM Re: thanks to the 2 sleders on the sky
Predator Dawg Offline
Spawner

Loc: land of sun
Nice comments, Lester. I've met many nice people from the Eastside and many rude ones as well. There is no difference. The worst group of snaggers I've ever encountered came from tri-cities weekly to Blue Creek on the Cow, simply to poach steelies and take them back to sell. One of the guys used to brag that he was the single reason there aren't many pheasant left in Ellensburg due to him year-around poaching them while he was @ CWU.

Glass houses, man.

Steve

#97448 - 10/15/00 12:57 PM Re: thanks to the 2 sleders on the sky
Chris Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Poulsbo, Wa
Steve,
i have been fishing almost eveny night and I have not seen one poacher. I Am a strictly C&R guys. That is unortunate about your buddy.

#97449 - 10/15/00 07:58 PM Re: thanks to the 2 sleders on the sky
rainycity Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle
Hey friends and...foes?,(Lester the idiot)
I just got back from my first sledding trip (a 4 day excursion on the Cowlitz with fish) and I`ll tell you what I observed, guys on both sides were pretty considerate of each other, There was one jerk in a sled that we commented on amongst ourselves but at the same time there was one idiot (must have been Lester)fishing from the bank who hiked down along this cliff and casted right out to where a sled had been anchored out of everyones way. Matter of fact, a lot of us talked at night`s end about the fishing.
As for fish, very considerate of all the other fisherman, bankers and sledders, and not because he needs to,the guy is only 6'4
6'5 but because he`s one heckava good guy as were most all the other guys we talked to, bankers like myself and sledders, I haven`t had much trouble with sledders myself but at the same time everybody is going to run into some sort of confrontation sometime, fishing or otherwise, it`s unfortunate but it`s just
the world we live in,(Takes all kinds I guess)
By the way Lester, don`t take my comment about you being an idiot personally, just passing judgement like yourself..*L*
Tony

#97450 - 10/15/00 09:23 PM Re: thanks to the 2 sleders on the sky
steelheaddude Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Lester, Lester, Lester, Lets try to be nice.

#97451 - 10/15/00 09:26 PM Re: thanks to the 2 sleders on the sky
steelheaddude Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Hey 8 footer,,,, gawd your full of yourself!

#97452 - 10/15/00 09:40 PM Re: thanks to the 2 sleders on the sky
lester Offline
Smolt

Loc: west richland,wa benton
First rule of thumb is the first one to call someone else an idiot is usually the "real" idiot.Secondly the guy from Ellensburg was probably from Seattle originally.What I passed on to you gentleman(???) was not my opinion, but the facts as derived from 45 years of hunting and fishing on the eastside and first hand observations out in the field and on the river.I hope I made all you westsider's madder than Hell so maybe when you come over to our side you will remember what I said and appreciate our wide open spaces.It's funny this BB started out by one of your one own complaining about this very subject.Again as for the name calling,really grow up. I'll bet you are about 3 feet tall.And I was being nice,I left the word slob out from between Seattle and Sportsman just because I'm a nice guy.Hey, 8footleader how's that for taking the pressure off of you.P.S I won't click on this subject again so save your ranting for the next time.lester

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 386 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63786 Topics
645450 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |