Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#974885 - 03/14/17 07:08 PM R Brothers Custom Rifles
Black Bart Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Adna
First off, I do not often endorse custom rifles builders because for at least 15 years I was one as well. So why promote they other guy...right?

Funny how things change as one gets older.

Most of them, meaning the other custom rifle makers and parts vendors I did business with years ago were all so eager to sell me what they would call custom rifle parts. Funny thing is, most of them just blew me off and no idea that I had my own shop and did all of my custom product design and computer programming in house.

Direct Drive, Driftin', Parker, 2Many, Snit, Nick90, Evo, you know what I am saying here.

So I get to meet this guy Travis from R-Bros.Custom Rifles in Elma, WA. This guy Travis is as honest and true as they come. He comes in for a tour of my shop and he's just like a sponge. Yearning for any tips on custom target rifle building from an old tool and die maker such as myself. I liked him right off much like I did Todd the first time he came to visit.

So here's the point of this post.

Check out RBros rifles in Elma Washington if you really want a light weight custom rifle, easily capable of insane long shots delivered with extreme accuracy.

Just remember as you look at the pricing list ... You get what you pay for.

And one more thing for guys like you Dave ...

The Bitterness of poor quality remains long after sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Cheers ... Marv

#974887 - 03/14/17 07:31 PM Re: R Brothers Custom Rifles [Re: Black Bart]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

i was just talking to the guy at the range, they have 600 yard matches every other week i think it is...

so now, im doing another rifle....

was going to go with a 700 LR, or a Browning X Mark Target, but will give him a look, smiths are always better than factory, and the service from alot of them is above and beyond, depending on who it is....

thanks for the heads up Marv

#974909 - 03/15/17 07:43 AM Re: R Brothers Custom Rifles [Re: Black Bart]
snit Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Wenatchee, WA
LOVE that last line BB...oh so TRUE!!!!

#974915 - 03/15/17 08:44 AM Re: R Brothers Custom Rifles [Re: Black Bart]
SundayMoney Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Everett
My buddy has 2 RBros rifles. A 7mm Rem Mag and a .338 Lapua Imp.

Both set up for long range hunting. They're excellent rifles for sure,and the skills my buddy has at the LR game are impressive.

The long range fad does nothing for me.

#974921 - 03/15/17 10:43 AM Re: R Brothers Custom Rifles [Re: Black Bart]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline
My Area code makes me cooler than you

Travis is a stud.
Glad you and he made a deal.
His guns are the best that have ever been slipped into my mule's scabbard.

Shooting is a game of accuracy.
It doesn't matter if it's 75 yards or 1000.
The better prepared shooters are the ones that pursue the best equipment and practice with it.

Few will experience what a gun is mean't to be.

#975017 - 03/16/17 12:09 PM Re: R Brothers Custom Rifles [Re: Black Bart]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

im probably going to stick with what i know how it flies, either a 7mm mag or .300 mag, although id deffinately entertain other calibers like 6.5 creedmoore or 6.5 x 284 Norma... both the later tho would definitely require me to start handloading, and ive never done that... yet...

when i do this one, it definitely wont be for just target purposes, but i want it fully capable, so im gonna have to pay attention to what i do... not sure if either 6.5 rounds would be suitable for Elk, but ive never hunted for Elk so im not up to snuff on that yet.... id like to start going with my brother tho so id like it to be able to do that, and go to the range and kick some ass.....

#975018 - 03/16/17 12:28 PM Re: R Brothers Custom Rifles [Re: Black Bart]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Damn. I want one....but at 4+K for a light hunting rifle....OUCH! I would love have one of the larger hunting rifles in .338 Lapua. Drooooooool.

Still have no idea how or if this thing shoots.......

Maybe one of these days I'll find the time to at least get it sighted in...let alone put some boolits down range with it. I'm in this one for a little under $2400 with the Leupold optic.

Originally Posted By: Evo
im probably going to stick with what i know how it flies, either a 7mm mag or .300 mag...when i do this one, it definitely wont be for just target purposes

rofl

Target practice? You shoot the 7mm Mag much? My Rem 700 in 7mm Mag is one thumper of a rifle. Probably didn't help that I dropped the heavy original wooden stock for a light weight composite McMillan. My least favorite big gun to shoot.....it's just mean. I recommend a good muzzle break.

Hey Marv - you up for another project? Let's get a muzzle break put on this Rem 700!

#975021 - 03/16/17 01:24 PM Re: R Brothers Custom Rifles [Re: The Moderator]
Black Bart Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Adna
Sorry Parker ... No can do. I gave away all of my barrel vises, barrel wrenches and the other assortment of gun smith tools to a up and coming young man who is interested, and motivated to do this kind of work.

#975025 - 03/16/17 01:57 PM Re: R Brothers Custom Rifles [Re: Black Bart]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline

Retiring Retirement is an interesting concept.

#975029 - 03/16/17 02:25 PM Re: R Brothers Custom Rifles [Re: Black Bart]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

Parker, my last LR rifle was a Mod 700 with a Shilen barrel and Timney trigger, i used to shoot 80 rounds a day when i took it out... same with the -06.. i dont mind getting punched... hell i traded my Bushmaster XM15 for a Ruger M77 MK II .338 Win Mag rofl

i like the 7mm round actually, .300 is a little more poppy but thats alright... id really like to shoot one of the 6.5 rounds first tho...

#975186 - 03/18/17 05:05 PM Re: R Brothers Custom Rifles [Re: The Moderator]
Driftin' Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Offshore
Originally Posted By: paker
Still have no idea how or if this thing shoots.......

Maybe one of these days I'll find the time to at least get it sighted in...let alone put some boolits down range with it. I'm in this one for a little under $2400 with the Leupold optic.

My Rem 700 in 7mm Mag is one thumper of a rifle. Probably didn't help that I dropped the heavy original wooden stock for a light weight composite McMillan. My least favorite big gun to shoot.....it's just mean. I recommend a good muzzle break.

Nice Mountain Ascent. 300WM?

The above gives rise to the Paker Theorem: As rifle case volume increases, rifle weight decreases.

I would suggest the inverse to achieve happiness both on the range and in the field....

#975187 - 03/18/17 05:07 PM Re: R Brothers Custom Rifles [Re: Black Bart]
chrome/22 Offline
Captain C/22 - Team Stay Up Right!

Loc: Hurricane Ridge , Wa.
Have a Versi-pod 2 if anyone is interested new never used.

$50 cash.

Brad 206.498.65 zero 7

Attachments
IMG_20170318_10331.jpg

#975273 - 03/21/17 12:17 PM Re: R Brothers Custom Rifles [Re: Black Bart]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

its the adapter for the swivel mount on hunting rifles...

wish you would have posted that sooner, i just bought a different bipod and would definitely have considered that....

#975294 - 03/21/17 06:25 PM Re: R Brothers Custom Rifles [Re: Black Bart]
chrome/22 Offline
Captain C/22 - Team Stay Up Right!

Loc: Hurricane Ridge , Wa.
It's the pod in the versa Red. That's what it is.

#975297 - 03/21/17 07:40 PM Re: R Brothers Custom Rifles [Re: Black Bart]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
I might be currently building a little something something. DBM install next, then off for Cerakote, then back to my ponderosa for final assembly. It might make a stop in between for some lapping / accuratizing work. Goal is to be killing paper by June 1st. It should be sub MOA when complete - I hope.

#975307 - 03/22/17 08:28 AM Re: R Brothers Custom Rifles [Re: Black Bart]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
With the quality of some off the shelf rifles these days I have a hard time paying that much for a rifle. Give me a Savage, some decent glass, some good hand loads, and I'll be hitting out at 600 with ease.

Not saying that they are not worth the investment to folks with the money, but personally not for me.

Had a first time shooter out this weekend. He had never shot anything over a bb gun, ever. Working him up from pistols through 9MM AR's took very little time, and then he started shooting my Savage 5R in .308. Ran through 100-400 yards very quickly, and his first shot at the 600 yard target, BONG! Hunter, my son, went 9/12 at 600, and said shooter error was why he missed those three.

I'm sure these R Brothers Custom Rifles would easily be able to do that as well, but after rebate my rifle cost me $299.

Love seeing the nice rifles though.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#975330 - 03/22/17 02:17 PM Re: R Brothers Custom Rifles [Re: Dogfish]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline

Originally Posted By: Dogfish
With the quality of some off the shelf rifles these days I have a hard time paying that much for a rifle. Give me a Savage, some decent glass, some good hand loads, and I'll be hitting out at 600 with ease.

Not saying that they are not worth the investment to folks with the money, but personally not for me.

Had a first time shooter out this weekend. He had never shot anything over a bb gun, ever. Working him up from pistols through 9MM AR's took very little time, and then he started shooting my Savage 5R in .308. Ran through 100-400 yards very quickly, and his first shot at the 600 yard target, BONG! Hunter, my son, went 9/12 at 600, and said shooter error was why he missed those three.

I'm sure these R Brothers Custom Rifles would easily be able to do that as well, but after rebate my rifle cost me $299.

A father who isn't spending his kid's inheritance is admirable.
Now that we have established that............Can I have a zero down, 0% interest loan for say................50 years?

#975362 - 03/22/17 08:44 PM Re: R Brothers Custom Rifles [Re: Dogfish]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
Originally Posted By: Dogfish

Agreed 100%. The only time I would consider dropping that much coin would be for a specialty truly LR weapon. .408 Cheytac or something like that. Modern MFG is allowing for really great shooting, 1 MOA or better rifles for under $500. That's all you really need for a working field gun / tool.

#975368 - 03/22/17 10:12 PM Re: R Brothers Custom Rifles [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Sure. Cash secured, renewed annually, 2% fee.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#975416 - 03/24/17 08:03 AM Re: R Brothers Custom Rifles [Re: Black Bart]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline

Checks in the mail.

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1083 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645291 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |