Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#975143 - 03/17/17 07:08 PM Re: Taking a dump while outdoors [Re: Nimpo60]
Blu13 Offline
Juvenile at Sea

2 Things

-Having to take One, at O Dark Thirty, in the cold windy rain is the worst. That cold rain hitting my back and butt that early in the morning is the worst.

-I've told my wife that I want to leave $$ to the bathroom at the Sol Duc Hatchery, County Park off Richwine and the National Park for the Out House at the end of Oil City. They've all made my life a lot more comfortable for a lot of years.

#975147 - 03/17/17 07:34 PM Re: Taking a dump while outdoors [Re: Nimpo60]
Eric Offline
River Nutrients

Ah, what the hell, I'll throw in my 2 cents.

Tip #1....Always carry a roll of butt rigging behind the seat of the truck. Case in point, I was towing the driftboat northward up the coast early in the AM for some hot coho fishing a few Falls ago. The coffee squirts came-a-call'n and it was 3-alarm $hit time....not later.....NOW! I couldn't pull over fast enough. That handy roll of TP saved me from a horrid mess and some carefully crafted explaining to the fish'n buds what the hell that smell was??

Tip #2 Never carry your fishing pliers in the back pocket of your jeans when nature calls. Came across a fishing partner taking care of business only to watch the pliers in his pocket center-punch his deposit as they fell out of the pocket. Don't think they got used for awhile thereafter.

#975150 - 03/17/17 07:37 PM Re: Taking a dump while outdoors [Re: Nimpo60]
softhackle Offline
Alevin

Loc: Washington
I keep a small pack of "Wet-ones" in my front wader pocket exactly for this purpose.

#975154 - 03/17/17 09:00 PM Re: Taking a dump while outdoors [Re: Nimpo60]
deerlick Offline
Spawner

Loc: around
If ur anchored in a tidal area make sure the tide is moving when u lay that floater next to the boat. Saves from moving off your spot.

#975155 - 03/17/17 09:09 PM Re: Taking a dump while outdoors [Re: CedarR]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Originally Posted By: CedarR
When picking a limb or log to support oneself during this process, make sure it is structurally up to the task!

When all else fails, remember shirt tails...

Nope, no logs.
You wanna pick a good spot and then squat like a Viet Neese to get the full Wilderness Deuce Drop effect.

Pro Tip:
During the event, I like to decorate nearby branches with whatever wiping materials I have.
Then when the time comes, they are readily accessible.

Sitting on a log is so Victorian.
rolleyes

#975156 - 03/18/17 12:31 AM Re: Taking a dump while outdoors [Re: TanTastic84]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Originally Posted By: TanTastic84
Jeez. What to talk about when there's no fishing to be had! smile

On another note, Mother Nature's taking a royal DUMP on Grays Harbor. Man it's been raining hard tonight!

The Hoquiam gage has had measurable precip EVERY day this month. It's been 3 straight weeks if you count the last 5 days of Feb.

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#975161 - 03/18/17 07:44 AM Re: Taking a dump while outdoors [Re: Nimpo60]
Bent Metal Offline
Carcass

Loc: Sky River(WA) Clearwater(Id)
You guys are absolutely disgusting! There should be a law about leaving feces in the woods. You have to pick up after your dog in a county park, so why in the hell is it okay to leave schit in the woods for somebody to step in or to contaminate the same environment that we come out to enjoy.

Pack it in.......pack it out

rofl

#975185 - 03/18/17 04:52 PM Re: Taking a dump while outdoors [Re: Eric]
chrome/22 Offline
Captain C/22 - Team Stay Up Right!

Loc: Hurricane Ridge , Wa.
Originally Posted By: Eric
Ah, what the hell..Tip #1....Always carry a roll of butt rigging behind the seat of the truck. Case in point, I was towing the driftboat northward up the coast early in the AM for some hot coho fishing a few Falls ago. The coffee squirts came-a-call'n and it was 3-alarm $hit time....not later.....NOW! I couldn't pull over fast enough. That handy roll of TP saved me from a horrid mess.....Tip #2 Never carry your fishing pliers in the back pocket of your jeans when nature calls. Came across a fishing partner taking care of business only to watch the pliers in his pocket center-punch his deposit as they fell out of the pocket. Don't think they got used for awhile thereafter.

Lol, had me in tears!

c/22

#975191 - 03/18/17 06:09 PM Re: Taking a dump while outdoors [Re: Nimpo60]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: Nimpo60
Another public service announcement---- don't stop at the Jack in the B in Aberdeen on the way to Westport between the hours of 2300-0200. You will end up projectile pooping off the starboard side. Big mess.

Also embarrassing if you're trolling amongst the fleet.

Same thing happened to me at about 20 years old,within minutes it was non stop rectum rockets. I have not been back to TB since.

- Albert Einstein.

#975192 - 03/18/17 06:15 PM Re: Taking a dump while outdoors [Re: eyeFISH]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: eyeFISH
Originally Posted By: TanTastic84
Jeez. What to talk about when there's no fishing to be had! smile

On another note, Mother Nature's taking a royal DUMP on Grays Harbor. Man it's been raining hard tonight!

The Hoquiam gage has had measurable precip EVERY day this month. It's been 3 straight weeks if you count the last 5 days of Feb.

Doc, we have surpassed the annual rain fall in the last 5 months...sick of this.

- Albert Einstein.

#975211 - 03/19/17 09:40 PM Re: Taking a dump while outdoors [Re: Nimpo60]
onthewater Offline
Fry

Proper sphincter tone, a balanced diet and precision timing = no wiping required.

Make like a bear and just push, pinch and walk away.

"Hope I die before I get old" - Pete Townshend, The Who, Musician/Singer/Songwriter and Spokesperson of a generation.

#975212 - 03/19/17 10:14 PM Re: Taking a dump while outdoors [Re: Nimpo60]
ondarvr Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Spokane WA
Since there appears to be a great deal of interest in this subject, where's the strangest or most awkward place you've needed to let one drop.

#975213 - 03/20/17 05:29 AM Re: Taking a dump while outdoors [Re: Sol Duc]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Originally Posted By: Sol Duc

Doc, we have surpassed the anal rain fall in the last 5 months...sick of this.

wink

#975220 - 03/20/17 09:24 AM Re: Taking a dump while outdoors [Re: Nimpo60]
jjb Offline
Eyed Egg

over the years of fishing I have learned stay away from the coffee at the chevron in arcata ca. and The all u can eat chinese buffet if it is still there. If you squat between the trailer and the truck on the side of the freeway it is actually quite comfortable even in the middle of a snow storm. My buddy and I did this 3 times from Arcata to the trinity in one morning after the chinese buffet. 20 years ago I learned the wader straps have to be rolled up into the waders and pull waders toward front of body, while squatting, just to be safe. Really sucks to have straps that smell like underware. Dont over eat on thanksgiving and drive all night to fish when your brother wont pull over for you to relieve yourself. Had to cut away the underware on that one. Works quite nicely if you if you have a sharp pair of scissors nearby. I prefer paper towels. Makes for quick work. Bonus The paper towels are biodigradeable.

#975237 - 03/20/17 01:35 PM Re: Taking a dump while outdoors [Re: Nimpo60]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline
My Area code makes me cooler than you

#975241 - 03/20/17 02:28 PM Re: Taking a dump while outdoors [Re: Nimpo60]
Nimpo60 Offline
Alevin

I am little sad that eyeFish hasn't provided insight on the best way to take a dump while fishing, hunting, or just outside. That guy seems to have an ideal technique for all the situations an outdoorsman will face.

#975246 - 03/20/17 05:50 PM Re: Taking a dump while outdoors [Re: Nimpo60]
milt roe Offline
Spawner

Loc: tacoma
Proper release technique outlined in great detail with a picture of a really nice one still half in the water.

#975284 - 03/21/17 03:13 PM Re: Taking a dump while outdoors [Re: Nimpo60]
I'm So Metal Offline
Parr

Loc: Hamnation
A few years back I felt the need to cut one loose while fishing my local crik in January. Pulled the DB over and walked into the woods looking for that prime spot at which I thought I found. There was a nice log spanning a pit a couple feet deep that was just calling for my @ss to sit on. After the blowout I started to gather my thoughts when the log gave way.

I stood up to asses the situation and instantly realized I was in trouble as I could feel the steam coming off my backside. I looked on the ground and saw nothing due to the fact it was pancaked to my lower back.

Had to strip down and wash myself off in the river, in fricken January.

I've squatted ever since!!!

#975288 - 03/21/17 04:02 PM Re: Taking a dump while outdoors [Re: I'm So Metal]
Nimpo60 Offline
Alevin

Did you get any fish after that?

#975289 - 03/21/17 04:33 PM Re: Taking a dump while outdoors [Re: Nimpo60]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Within 5 minutes of going vertical in the morning it is time for business. The guys at elk camp can vouch for me on that. Seldom do I have a two poop day, even less is the magical 3 poop day. That solves most issues, just training your body to get it done first thing. Then shower and you are ready for your day. That helps avoid the 45 minute post poop re-wipe. You non-hairy, Brazilian waxing mofos have no idea.

I do always carry wipe in the truck, and baby wipes in the hunting pack or waders, and yes, I ALWAYS know where my wader straps are, ALWAYS.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Jose, sky
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (fp), 183 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |