Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#975389 - 03/23/17 01:19 PM Fishing Belize
Paranoid Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Snohomish
We are headed to Caye Caulker, Belize next week and am wanting to do some fishing. Tarpon, bonefish, dolphin..etc
Anybody have any tips or lines on fishing guides?

#975421 - 03/24/17 10:04 AM Re: Fishing Belize [Re: Paranoid]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
[img:left][/img]

Awesome spot. You can find bonefish right off the beaches and docks there but "wading" can suck because there is A LOT of grass/vegetation that you will sink into. Pray for no wind because they are almost impossible to spot if the wind is blowing. I've only seen permit from the beach one time but there are some around. Not sure I've ever heard much about dolphin/dorado there but they would require a boat to get outside of the reef. Lots of baracuda get caught trolling. Tarpon require a boat/guide too and trips aren't cheap (probably $500 for the day or more).

Bonefish, permit, and tarpon are all 100% catch and release but there is meat hunting in the form of snapper, which is what locals will target with hand lines and chunks of bait.

Have a great time!

#975425 - 03/24/17 10:46 AM Re: Fishing Belize [Re: Paranoid]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline
My Area code makes me cooler than you

Taking pictures of your boyfriend on vacation.
Priceless.

#975437 - 03/24/17 12:53 PM Re: Fishing Belize [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
Originally Posted By: WDFW X 1 = 0
Taking pictures of your boyfriend on vacation.
Priceless.

Ummm... ok?

Thanks for the contribution to the site!

#975447 - 03/24/17 02:51 PM Re: Fishing Belize [Re: Paranoid]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline

Are you guys still together?

#975510 - 03/25/17 02:19 PM Re: Fishing Belize [Re: Paranoid]
ColeyG Offline
Ranger Danger

Loc: AK
Paranoid.

I've only been to that zone one time, but here are a few pieces of info in response to your request.

Here is a link to the trip report I put together when I got back.

ColeyG's Belize Trip Report

We spent a fair bit of time on Key Caulker and a few days around San Pedro. I was hoping to do a fair bit of walk and wade fishing rather than pay a guide but I found the opportunities pretty limited and uninspiring from the beach. As AP mentioned, the bottom is pretty mucky and grassy in a lot of places and that's makes wading tough. The locals say that bonefish are typically abundant in the area, but I found them few and far between.

After a few days of exploring I found a few "micro flats" on the ferry dock side of Caye Caulker that the bones were using at first and last light. They got pretty spooky during the day in the skinny water.

There are some creeks and smaller lagoons on the side opposite the ferry dock and rumors have it they can hold baby tarpon and snook from time to time. I didn't see any. Don't fish for the big tarpon at the tarpon feeding dock, the locals will burn you at the stake. Canoes and kayaks available for rent at a number of places on the island.

I fished one day with a guide out of Caye Caulker, the company was "Go Fish Belize." Conditions sucked (wind) and I caught one lady fish. I think there are two or three "guide services" based out of Caye Caulker but I get the idea that there are only a few guides to go between a few different booking offices.

I have a bunch more info I could forward via PM if you are interested. I sent some of the stuff to Mingo a while back and I think he could probably add a lot of more useful info as well if he is still around. Mingo?

EZ Thread Yarn Balls

"I don't care how you catch them, as long as you treat them well and with respect." Lani Waller in "A Steelheader's Way."

#975514 - 03/25/17 02:47 PM Re: Fishing Belize [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: WDFW X 1 = 0
Are you guys still together?

For short period of times. lol

- Albert Einstein.

#975516 - 03/25/17 03:21 PM Re: Fishing Belize [Re: Paranoid]
ColeyG Offline
Ranger Danger

Loc: AK
Slo Dunce. Before you continue picking on people, return to square one and learn how to use the English language. It may help your cause. At a minimum, you'll be less of a walking justification for late late term abortion.

If 2Many has a problem with AP, I'm sure it's a simple misunderstanding and we should all hang out some time to clear it up.

Now about Belize...

EZ Thread Yarn Balls

"I don't care how you catch them, as long as you treat them well and with respect." Lani Waller in "A Steelheader's Way."

#975533 - 03/26/17 09:04 AM Re: Fishing Belize [Re: Paranoid]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline

Calm down guys....It's WA.
You're sheltered here.
BTW...... I've never met a hippie I didn't like.

As far a Belize goes....One word,,,, JEALOUS!!!!;

#975685 - 03/28/17 09:09 PM Re: Fishing Belize [Re: Paranoid]
Homer D Offline
Egg

Was there last year and fished with a guide named Haywood. Put us on fish all day and even got the opportunity to land multiple permit. He owns the Sea Dreams hotel. I'd imagine you can find him there.

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (steely slammer), 1085 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645291 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |