THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 70 of 81 < 1 2 ... 68 69 70 71 72 ... 80 81 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#976617 - 04/28/17 07:26 AM Re: Official SEAHAWK THREAD ((((((((())))))))))) *** [Re: ]
Carcassman Online   content
River Nutrients

Loc: Olema,California,Planet Earth
To add to what Hank said about tendons, my brother (played some LB in college) broke his ankle. The tendons were stretched in the incident, not much damaged. Once the bones healed the ankle was "loose". Plant the foot and the leg kept going. Really tight taping may have held it together but it was always a problem after that.

#976619 - 04/28/17 08:34 AM Re: Official SEAHAWK THREAD ((((((((())))))))))) [Re: Sol Duc]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
Yup - tendons and ligaments are so fickle. It's easy to tweak things again once they've already been repeatedly stretched out (see Lacy). I've never outright torn a knee that I know of, but they and my ankles have been stretched so badly from sports, fun and work that they are like limp rubber bands with zero stability now.

Several years ago I was playing around with friends, slipped on gravelly concrete and buckled my knee 90 degrees sideways. Heard and felt a loud pop and thought my knee was blown for the first time. Turns out I didn't tear anything, rather my ligaments were already so loose from sports that I bypassed any tearing and went straight to breaking my Tibia at the knee (broke the knee bone head clean off). Good ligaments stop that from happening. I didn't need any surgery, but I did have a full leg cast for 6 months after it was set. The Docs told me sports and getting my arse kicked for years allowed that to happen.

So...Lacy ain't gonna do chit either. 27, bad ligaments & tendons, overweight playing RB in the NFL. That's not a good plan for any longevity. He may have 1 - 2 decent years left.

Trading for brand name running backs over 25 years old in the NFL is just stupid. They wear out too quickly. Any good college RB with pass blocking skills can fill the void immediately (they're not QB's that need a few years of development). Draft RB's that are ready to go I say. Trade after 4 - 5 years and repeat for fresh legs.

AND DRAFT SOME DAMN O_LINEMEN SEATTLE!

Edited by NickD90 (04/28/17 08:37 AM)

#976622 - 04/28/17 09:05 AM Re: Official SEAHAWK THREAD ((((((((())))))))))) [Re: Sol Duc]
NickD90 Offline

As Barry Switzer said..."It's not the x's and o's, it's the Jimmies and Joes".

Denver did what Seattle should have. Oline, Oline, Oline. Russ isn't getting any younger or more elusive. The major reason why the Raiders are on the rise is because they invested in their O-line first to protect Carr at all costs. Gotta build from the inside out. Blocking is job #1 in football. Job #2 is beating blocks. Always has been, always will be.

If they don't take Lamp I'm going to puke.

#976662 - 04/28/17 04:40 PM Re: Official SEAHAWK THREAD ((((((((())))))))))) [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Sounds like the FO got a little too cute on missing King, unless they were after Malik McDowell...who the fck knows. Would have like to seen Lamp here. Lot's of good players, I wonder who takes a chance on Mixon...he's a starter on 80% of teams. Hard to get that video out of your mind.

- Albert Einstein.

#976666 - 04/28/17 05:34 PM Re: Official SEAHAWK THREAD ((((((((())))))))))) [Re: Sol Duc]
Steelheadman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo, WA,USA
So is Malik Tom Cable's next offensive line project? Need a friggin defensive back and maybe a tight end Cable can use to replace Gilliam at right tackle. I guess this draft isn't very deep in OL talent. There still is the center from Ohio State Elfein available.

#976668 - 04/28/17 05:39 PM Re: Official SEAHAWK THREAD ((((((((())))))))))) [Re: Steelheadman]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Why in God's green Earth would we pick a center? Britt is one of the best young centers in the league.

- Albert Einstein.

#976670 - 04/28/17 05:49 PM Re: Official SEAHAWK THREAD ((((((((())))))))))) [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

I told you they hit pay dirt with hiring John Lynch. wink

- Albert Einstein.

#976672 - 04/28/17 05:55 PM Re: Official SEAHAWK THREAD ((((((((())))))))))) [Re: Sol Duc]
Brewer Offline

Loc: in the mass production zone
Originally Posted By: Sol Duc
Why in God's green Earth would we pick a center? Britt is one of the best young centers in the league.

Every player who plays in NFL is always one play away from

A. Season ending inury.

B. Or a career ending injury.... Case in point ricardo lockette

#976673 - 04/28/17 05:56 PM Re: Official SEAHAWK THREAD ((((((((())))))))))) [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: Hankster

When did they do that? They don't pick again until 58 and the Lions are up now @ 53.

?????? Steelhead said the Hawks should take a center from Ohio. I said the hawks already have one of the best young centers in the NFL.

"In the 2016 offseason the Seahawks moved Britt again, this time to center. Pete Carroll stated that they had this move in mind when they first drafted him in 2014. For his effort in the 2016 season Britt earned recognition as a Pro Bowl alternate at center"

- Albert Einstein.

#976674 - 04/28/17 05:57 PM Re: Official SEAHAWK THREAD ((((((((())))))))))) [Re: ]
NickD90 Offline

Fawks pick up DT Malik McDowell out of Michigan State. He's a good one when he's on the field. He had 34 total tackles, 7 TFL and 1.5 sacks in 9 games last year.

This is a great solid pick. He' stout. He'll fit in well with the Hawks mentality and persona.

Very happy the Donks just took DeMarcus Walker (DE / FSU). Awesome motor and a great compliment to Von, Wolfe and Ward.

#976676 - 04/28/17 05:58 PM Re: Official SEAHAWK THREAD ((((((((())))))))))) [Re: Brewer]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: Brewer

Every player who plays in NFL is always one play away from

A. Season ending inury.

B. Or a career ending injury.... Case in point ricardo lockette

You can say that about any position. There are only 53 spots not 106. LOL

- Albert Einstein.

#976678 - 04/28/17 06:01 PM Re: Official SEAHAWK THREAD ((((((((())))))))))) [Re: NickD90]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: NickD90
Fawks pick up DT Malik McDowell out of Michigan State. He's a good one when he's on the field. He had 34 total tackles, 7 TFL and 1.5 sacks in 9 games last year.

This is a great solid pick. He' stout. He'll fit in well with the Hawks mentality and persona.

Very happy the Donks just took DeMarcus Walker (DE / FSU). Awesome motor and a great compliment to Von, Wolfe and Ward.

A position we needed, scratch that one off the list. I think we should draft the QB Webb from Cal later on if he's not already taken.

- Albert Einstein.

#976679 - 04/28/17 06:05 PM Re: Official SEAHAWK THREAD ((((((((())))))))))) [Re: Sol Duc]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

GD it, Obi is gone. FUK!

- Albert Einstein.

#976681 - 04/28/17 06:13 PM Re: Official SEAHAWK THREAD ((((((((())))))))))) [Re: Sol Duc]
NickD90 Offline

Good...an oline pick. 6'6" so they must figure they can convert him to play anywhere along the line.

#976682 - 04/28/17 06:13 PM Re: Official SEAHAWK THREAD ((((((((())))))))))) [Re: Sol Duc]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

There you go Guard/center. Anyone know anything about him?

- Albert Einstein.

#976684 - 04/28/17 06:15 PM Re: Official SEAHAWK THREAD ((((((((())))))))))) [Re: Sol Duc]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

This O line is going to be so much better. Russell still threw for 4200 yards last year with the worst line in the NFL.... UFB. thumbs

- Albert Einstein.

#976685 - 04/28/17 06:16 PM Re: Official SEAHAWK THREAD ((((((((())))))))))) [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Your wish came true. They got themselves another Center. grin

Fawker!

- Albert Einstein.

#976686 - 04/28/17 06:19 PM Re: Official SEAHAWK THREAD ((((((((())))))))))) [Re: Sol Duc]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Gawd I hate the cowboy fans. beathead

- Albert Einstein.

#976687 - 04/28/17 06:22 PM Re: Official SEAHAWK THREAD ((((((((())))))))))) [Re: Sol Duc]
Steelheadman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo, WA,USA
A center should be able to play guard. Pocic is a big guy but isn't athletic enough to play tackle. Seattle has 3 picks in the 3rd round. Should be interesting.

#976688 - 04/28/17 06:25 PM Re: Official SEAHAWK THREAD ((((((((())))))))))) [Re: Steelheadman]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

4 3rd rounders and you don't move up to take Obi and take a giant reach at Oline fml crazy

- Albert Einstein.

Page 70 of 81 < 1 2 ... 68 69 70 71 72 ... 80 81 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
3 registered (Carcassman, Salmo g., 1 invisible), 1070 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645299 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |