THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#977912 - 06/25/17 09:45 AM why are things getting so violent here in WW?
RICH G
Unregistered

Seems like every day here in Western Washington the news is good for 4 to 8 fresh murders and 2 to 4 police shootings, this seems to happen every single day.

It was not long ago where you could go a whole half week and not hear about some drive by, rape/murder, or about the cops wasting someone with an "Ink Stick" or a "butter knife", or even killing legit criminals who shoot at them or point guns at them.

Now days when the weather is warm you can just open the Seattle times or flip on KOMO and see how there a dozen murders from Olympia to Lynwood last night, The cops shot and killed three people on traffic stops, killed a guy holding a "pen" and two or three armed robbery suspects. This all in one 24 hour span. This is about what it is like every day!!!

WTF is going on how did this happen so quick and in plain sight? Its like nobody was paying attention.

I hate to do this but I'm just gonna say it, honestly you can probably thank 8 years of Obama. He did more purposeful damage to this country than any other human being in the history of this country. Now we are seeing the rotten fruits of his labors.

#977914 - 06/25/17 10:18 AM Re: why are things getting so violent here in WW? [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
<cough, cough >

Bullsh!t.

Violent crime rates are down everywhere since the peak in the 90s.

But do continue your fable, Rich.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#977917 - 06/25/17 11:18 AM Re: why are things getting so violent here in WW? [Re: ]
RICH G
Unregistered

True, statistics show violent crime as being down, but who controls the UCRS? What interest is there to give the impression things are better than they actually are?

I don't know about you but it sure seems like things are much more violent than peaceful than in the 90's. I can tell you that I was a cop from 1998 to 2012, never did it seem like "things were getting better", calls for service went up every year by 15%+. Every year we made more arrests, responded more burglaries, rapes and assaults.

#977918 - 06/25/17 11:20 AM Re: why are things getting so violent here in WW? [Re: ]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

#977919 - 06/25/17 11:33 AM Re: why are things getting so violent here in WW? [Re: 5 * General Evo]
ReefSkunk
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Evo

How bout the unemployment rate? How's that doing?

Get a job and make an impact Nate.

#977920 - 06/25/17 12:36 PM Re: why are things getting so violent here in WW? [Re: ]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

how about your waist line?

do some sit ups fat fvck....

#977921 - 06/25/17 01:15 PM Re: why are things getting so violent here in WW? [Re: 5 * General Evo]
ReefSkunk
Unregistered

laugh

You're just like Sol Duc + lazy.

I've seen pictures of you Nate and you probably shouldn't make fat jokes.

#977923 - 06/25/17 01:33 PM Re: why are things getting so violent here in WW? [Re: ]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

You ain't seen sh!t kid...

#977924 - 06/25/17 01:39 PM Re: why are things getting so violent here in WW? [Re: 5 * General Evo]
ReefSkunk
Unregistered

You ain't seen sh!t kid...

rofl

Lol Ok.

I know "kids" that have held jobs longer than you.

#977926 - 06/25/17 02:02 PM Re: why are things getting so violent here in WW? [Re: ]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

I know women that have held someone else's balls less than you...

#977929 - 06/25/17 04:34 PM Re: why are things getting so violent here in WW? [Re: ]
Carcassman Online   content
River Nutrients

Loc: Olema,California,Planet Earth
Rates versus numbers. Geez. The population of humans (or human like creatures) has grown substantially. Just for simple numbers sake (easy to calculate in the head) that 20 years ago there were I million folks in WW. Violent crime was 2%, or 20,000 violent crimes. Today, we have 2 million folks, 30,000 violent crimes, and rate or 1.5%.

Voila', rate drops and number of crimes increases so you both might be right.

#977931 - 06/25/17 05:18 PM Re: why are things getting so violent here in WW? [Re: ]
larryb Offline
The Rainman

Loc: elma washington
a lot is that there is more news programs report everything.

#977934 - 06/25/17 06:43 PM Re: why are things getting so violent here in WW? [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Originally Posted By: RICH G
True, statistics show violent crime as being down, but who controls the UCRS? What interest is there to give the impression things are better than they actually are?

I don't know about you but it sure seems like things are much more violent than peaceful than in the 90's. I can tell you that I was a cop from 1998 to 2012, never did it seem like "things were getting better", calls for service went up every year by 15%+. Every year we made more arrests, responded more burglaries, rapes and assaults.

Your anecdotal evidence is duly noted.

Meaningless, but duly noted anyway.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#977935 - 06/25/17 07:13 PM Re: why are things getting so violent here in WW? [Re: ]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

the problem with using databases for anything concerning this, is they fail to recognize nor account for unreported crimes... because there are thousands.. maybe not murders, most likely a few tho, but rapes, robberies, and vandalism goes unreported every day....

i mean sh!t, it took these bitches 30+ years to say Bill Cosby raped them...

thats just 1 dude...

#977937 - 06/25/17 07:53 PM Re: why are things getting so violent here in WW? [Re: ]
RICH G
Unregistered

I mean, I'm the "dooms day guy" and all but you have to admit that society has really gone down the tubes, the cops seem to be having to deal with a lot of crazies these days and a handful have to end up being shot nearly every day. That's a really bad sign.

Ya know I'm hard on the cops for obvious reasons but their job is pretty hard and pretty [Bleeeeep!] a lot of the time. I got out just in time, I feel sorry for these guys who are doing it and cant quit for whatever reason and for the ones that don't want to quit, well they have bigger balls than I ever had or a thicker skull.

I could only imagine the stress they are dealing with on a regular basis, the tone of society has changed so much as well as the view of cops to some degree. I would feel pretty venerable doing that job these days.

With all that being said the situation seems to be rapidly going down the tubes, every old person I've talked to seems worried and says they have never seen it as bad as it is now, not even during the Vietnam war was it this bad.

#977953 - 06/26/17 12:59 PM Re: why are things getting so violent here in WW? [Re: ]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

uh, im pretty sure the police know exactly where i am... i mean ive gotten tickets... last one was in December, but i beat that case like OJ... cept i wasnt guilty...

#977963 - 06/26/17 05:34 PM Re: why are things getting so violent here in WW? [Re: ]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

Nah.. car... Address... Sh!t like that..

#977966 - 06/26/17 10:05 PM Re: why are things getting so violent here in WW? [Re: 5 * General Evo]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Zing....reefer punk is nothing but a fat bastard that washes dishes at local greasy dive restaurants. The stretch marks around his mouth are from sucking other drug addicts that are fishing guides. He was blowing Vhawk in a deep freezer which was creepy...lol. Total waste of skin that sports a unibrow that compares to a Beaver pelt. He also got fired from a job in AK for stealing fish eggs from his employer. You're doing great chubby !! LOL.

- Albert Einstein.

#977971 - 06/27/17 09:16 AM Re: why are things getting so violent here in WW? [Re: ]
ReefSkunk
Unregistered

Sol Duc is just jealous.

#977980 - 06/27/17 12:23 PM Re: why are things getting so violent here in WW? [Re: ]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Sol Doc needs to lay off the bottle and the Copalis Clams. Sounds like he may be suffering from some severe domoic acid poisoning!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amnesic_shellfish_poisoning

If you're still alive, and/or a little less brain dead Sol Duc, you might want to get yourself to your local ER and get checked out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Jose, sky
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 192 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |