LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#978645 - 07/25/17 08:38 AM STATEWIDE, property taxes going up 22% this year.
RICH G
Unregistered

It was a necessary part of the state budget, in just state taxes alone you will be paying 22% more in property taxes next cycle.

Every county and city in this state is in a "budget crisis" right now and has plans on getting multiple tax levies on this upcoming ballet. The reality is if these levies pass we are going to be getting much more than a 22% increase in our property taxes.

Didn't I say,,,, SWHTF in October?

#978647 - 07/25/17 09:41 AM Re: STATEWIDE, property taxes going up 22% this year. [Re: ]
larryb Offline
The Rainman

Loc: elma washington
after next year most peoples property taxes will go down. next will see a slight raise because we have to pay school levies already passed the year after taxes in my school district will go down by half. places like king county will see an increase while most will see lower taxes as the state goes to a state wide property tax getting away from local levies.
this was done to answer the court case know as MCCLEARY forcing the state to fully fund schools

#978648 - 07/25/17 09:50 AM Re: STATEWIDE, property taxes going up 22% this year. [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Originally Posted By: RICH G
It was a necessary part of the state budget, in just state taxes alone you will be paying 22% more in property taxes next cycle.

Every county and city in this state is in a "budget crisis" right now and has plans on getting multiple tax levies on this upcoming ballet. The reality is if these levies pass we are going to be getting much more than a 22% increase in our property taxes.

Yeah. You said a lot of things.

I'm feeling it's pretty likely my taxes won't go up 22%

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#978649 - 07/25/17 10:44 AM Re: STATEWIDE, property taxes going up 22% this year. [Re: ]
stonefish Online   content
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
As Larry said, King Co residents will be the ones most effected by this.
Oly uses King Co like there own piggy bank.
I figure my 2018 property taxes will go up by about a $100 per month based on my new assessment and the state budget that just passed.
My five year clock is ticking.......

At least in the Puget Sound region, it's hard to believe any city can cry budget crisis. With all the building and sales tax collection going on, there shouldn't be a problem if they didn't piss it away so quickly.
SF

#978662 - 07/25/17 02:42 PM Re: STATEWIDE, property taxes going up 22% this year. [Re: ]
larryb Offline
The Rainman

#978666 - 07/25/17 04:13 PM Re: STATEWIDE, property taxes going up 22% this year. [Re: ]
Carcassman Online   content
River Nutrients

Loc: Olema,California,Planet Earth
What I haven't seen well laid out is how the local levy rate will significantly decline after the first year. A lot of it is a shift from each district collecting something to the state taking a flat rate from everyone.

#978674 - 07/26/17 11:43 AM Re: STATEWIDE, property taxes going up 22% this year. [Re: Carcassman]
larryb Offline
The Rainman

i think the link in my post shows taxes rate per district well

#978678 - 07/26/17 05:00 PM Re: STATEWIDE, property taxes going up 22% this year. [Re: ]
gooybob Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma
Originally Posted By: RICH G

Sorry Rich but you have to stay away from those alt-news sites. If taxes were going up 22% there really would be a revolution. Problem is there are many more gullible people just like you that buy into that sh!t. That's how chump got elected.

#978679 - 07/26/17 05:04 PM Re: STATEWIDE, property taxes going up 22% this year. [Re: ]
gooybob Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma
Rich, I just want to mention one more thing. I own the Narrows Bridge and I' selling it for a bargain price of $100.00. I might listen to an offer of $95.00. Let me know.

#978718 - 07/28/17 12:53 PM Re: STATEWIDE, property taxes going up 22% this year. [Re: ]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Originally Posted By: stam
Seems the new goal is to have only Amazons (and gov't employees) living in King Co....us lowlifes can make 'merca great again somewhere else.

Please don't lump us lowly state employees in with your "gov't employees and possible City Employees). At least in C-Attle, if you're not employed by Amazon, you're classified as poor and probably homeless.

I should have been a Firefighter. They seem to be catching a lot of salmon this season.

#978748 - 07/29/17 08:55 PM Re: STATEWIDE, property taxes going up 22% this year. [Re: ]
Carcassman Online   content
River Nutrients

Loc: Olema,California,Planet Earth
The WonderGov says that if you'll give the D's control of the Senate in an upcoming Special Election that the Leg can vote out that property tax. Of course, to meet McCleary they'll need to put on more taxes elsewhere but you can get rid of the property one.

#978912 - 08/07/17 08:32 PM Re: STATEWIDE, property taxes going up 22% this year. [Re: Carcassman]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
Originally Posted By: Carcassman
The WonderGov says that if you'll give the D's control of the Senate in an upcoming Special Election that the Leg can vote out that property tax. Of course, to meet McCleary they'll need to put on more taxes elsewhere but you can get rid of the property one.

Democrats giving back a tax?

[Giggles]

#978915 - 08/07/17 08:52 PM Re: STATEWIDE, property taxes going up 22% this year. [Re: ]
JTD Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Browns Point,Wa. USA
Originally Posted By: Hankster

If you get yourselves a Democratic majority and get rid of the property tax increase, maybe they'll make up for that by raising your gas and diesel tax.

"Carbon Tax"

Cmon Hank... get with the times. We are going to track mileage with sensors in your vehicle so those pesky fuel efficient cars don't erode our funding and EVERYONE can be taxed more fairly (raised) with usage.
In the legend of King Arthur, the Fisher King was a renowned angler whose errant ways caused him to be struck dumb in the presence of the sacred chalice. I am no great fisherman, and a steelhead is not the covenant of Christ, but with each of these fish I am rendered speechless.

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (stonefish), 1114 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |