Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#981325 - 11/06/17 03:43 PM LamiGlas Factory Store
cohoangler Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Vancouver, Washington
Just a note about the new LamiGlas Factory store in Woodland.

As some of you may know, over the past couple months, LamiGlas remodeled their Factory Store that is attached to their manufacturing plant in Woodland. They recently re-opened it. The store is not the same. The store is about half the size of the original. It’s open from noon to four daily.

However, they no longer sell seconds, stock overruns, returned rods, or discontinued models. All rods on display are brand new. They are priced at MSRP. I asked about the changes. The sales gal there said that Tom (the owner) wanted a show room for LamiGlas rods. So that’s what it is. So it ain’t a factory store anymore. It’s just a show room.

So if you want to visit the new “factory store”, you should adjust your expectations accordingly.

Edited by cohoangler (11/06/17 03:45 PM)

#981326 - 11/06/17 04:37 PM Re: LamiGlas Factory Store [Re: cohoangler]
bob r Offline
Returning Adult

Yeah, Melanie and I stopped by last week on our way to Portland, def. a change for the worst. If you want to look at what rods Lamiglass sells it's worth stopping by. Otherwise, not so much. Even the clothing line shrunk away. bob R

#981346 - 11/07/17 10:56 AM Re: LamiGlas Factory Store [Re: cohoangler]
cohoangler Offline
Three Time Spawner

Agreed. There are no LamiGlas hats or sweatshirts, or jackets in the store. And no rod blanks, no drift boat oars, and no miscellaneous odds and ends from the rod manufacturing process.

But here is my concern: I understand that when a business “turns over”, the new owner(s) often make significant changes that are intended to take the company in the direction they think it needs to go, especially in a competitive business environment. Fair enough, but the changes I’m seeing are not consistent with what made LamiGlas one of the best rod manufacturing companies in the country. The new “factory store” is just one example. Their recent actions are not consistent with what we’ve gotten accustomed to over the past several decades. I’m hoping that when this all shakes out, LamiGlas will still remain one of the best. But at this point, that’s an open question.

#981349 - 11/07/17 12:17 PM Re: LamiGlas Factory Store [Re: cohoangler]
Blu13 Offline
Juvenile at Sea

I own 3 1/2 Certified Pros + one of the less expensive models. I was in the market for a new rod this summer. I was kind of bummed they stopped making the Certified Pro and had local tackle shops tell me Lamiglas is not the same anymore.

I ended up buying for the 1st time a G Loomis, E6X. Shortly after getting the new rod I broke my 10 ft Lami (Thus the 1/2 rod). Tried calling multiple times, no luck. They push you to email. Sent an email. No reply at all. It's been 6 weeks +.

I used to stop on my way to Portland. Always bought at least a hat or T-Shirt. Loved promoting their product. Not anymore.

I'll be in the market for a new 10 ft rod early next year. It won't be Lamiglass.

#981357 - 11/07/17 03:39 PM Re: LamiGlas Factory Store [Re: Blu13]
bob r Offline
Returning Adult

The warranty situation is what concerns me. I don't think you will be able to return return broken rods for replacement any longer. The date of manufacture is on all rods now, and they are more resistant to replacing rods. They have what they call "fast track repair", $50.00 later!
We just bought a Loomis trout rod for Melanie. Tells you my direction. Bob R

#981358 - 11/07/17 03:47 PM Re: LamiGlas Factory Store [Re: bob r]
ReefSkunk
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: bob r
The warranty situation is what concerns me. I don't think you will be able to return return broken rods for replacement any longer. The date of manufacture is on all rods now, and they are more resistant to replacing rods. They have what they call "fast track repair", $50.00 later!
We just bought a Loomis trout rod for Melanie. Tells you my direction. Bob R

Have you looked into Loomis repair/warranty, shop for cheap seconds (don't have one) etc.? Lamiglas is going the same direction as you. Loomis was ahead of the curve and made similar changes years ago.

I've always bought Loomis and still happily pay the $100 to expedite/replace a rod.

#981361 - 11/07/17 05:20 PM Re: LamiGlas Factory Store [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

S
A
G
E.

Hands down the cream of the crop. Pricey though, I tend to take extra caution while using the best. I've been rocking the same pair of Smith Action Optics Sun glasses for 8 years, I use them every day too.One of the best investments I've ever purchased. thumbs

I really like the older root beer colored Loomis rods....pretty bullet proof for a sensitive rod.

- Albert Einstein.

#981372 - 11/07/17 09:48 PM Re: LamiGlas Factory Store [Re: Blu13]
cohoangler Offline
Three Time Spawner

Originally Posted By: Blu13
I own 3 1/2 Certified Pros + one of the less expensive models. I was in the market for a new rod this summer. I was kind of bummed they stopped making the Certified Pro and had local tackle shops tell me Lamiglas is not the same anymore.

I ended up buying for the 1st time a G Loomis, E6X. Shortly after getting the new rod I broke my 10 ft Lami (Thus the 1/2 rod). Tried calling multiple times, no luck. They push you to email. Sent an email. No reply at all. It's been 6 weeks +.

I used to stop on my way to Portland. Always bought at least a hat or T-Shirt. Loved promoting their product. Not anymore.

I'll be in the market for a new 10 ft rod early next year. It won't be Lamiglass.

Don't worry about that. They would not have serviced your rod even if they replied to your email. They don't service or repair rods they no longer make. So if your LamiGlas rod is older than about 2014, you're otta luck. The only thing they'll do is give you a discount on a new, similar rod. And only after they take your broken rod.

As you said, it's not the same company. For better or for worse.

#981375 - 11/08/17 05:33 AM Re: LamiGlas Factory Store [Re: cohoangler]
Chum Man Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Yelmish
I stopped by there on the way back from Oregon in july to find an empty showroom. They said the outlet would be open again in October. Glad i haven't bothered to make the trip, something told me that this would probably happen. Definitely not the same company as when Dick Posey was running it.

I bought lamiglas *because* they weren't g loomis. Loomis ever give you a loaner to get back on the river after breaking a tip on a tree limb? Don't think so. Lamiglas would custom build tip sections for discontinued models until recently. Loomis gave custom rod builders the finger when they stopped selling blanks to the public. Lamiglas was a huge supporter of rod builders. They've changed and not for the better. I take my money elsewhere these days.

#981397 - 11/08/17 07:25 PM Re: LamiGlas Factory Store [Re: Chum Man]
RobertF
Unregistered

Just pay the difference and upgrade the cert pros to the infinity rods. Dont be cheap!!

#981407 - 11/09/17 08:00 AM Re: LamiGlas Factory Store [Re: cohoangler]
Kinetic Kwik Offline
Spawner

Loc: sum x wet,sum x dry WA 4 Life
Go to the other side of the freeway.
Edge rods!
Only a nickle more, for first class.

#981411 - 11/09/17 08:46 AM Re: LamiGlas Factory Store [Re: cohoangler]
MSA Offline
Parr

Lamiglas would like to thank all of you for your business over the years. We wanted to provide you with an update on Lamiglas.

We are very excited about many new products that we have developed and improved over the last few years. Our USA made XCC Rods feature new butt caps, double locking reel seats and improved guides. Our ever popular Redline series has been updated with new handles (double-locks on MHC and HC models) and rubberized butt caps. We have introduced a new center pin series called the “Closer” that is taking the Centerpin world by storm.

Please refer to our web site at www.Lamiglas.com for more information on the Closer and many other great products from Lamiglas.

We are excited to announce the opening of our new Lamiglas showroom that features the entire product line of Rods and Blanks for your review and purchase at manufactures suggested retail. In addition, we have hats, t-shirts and hoody’s for purchase at the showroom. The showroom hours are 12pm to 4pm Monday thru Friday.

Lamiglas remains a family owned and operated USA company.

Again, Lamiglas appreciates your business and looks forward to providing all of you with the best products for each and every fishery.

Best regards,

Tom Posey
President
Lamiglas, Inc.

#981413 - 11/09/17 09:54 AM Re: LamiGlas Factory Store [Re: MSA]
bob r Offline
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: MSA
Lamiglas would like to thank all of you for your business over the years. We wanted to provide you with an update on Lamiglas.

We are very excited about many new products that we have developed and improved over the last few years. Our USA made XCC Rods feature new butt caps, double locking reel seats and improved guides. Our ever popular Redline series has been updated with new handles (double-locks on MHC and HC models) and rubberized butt caps. We have introduced a new center pin series called the “Closer” that is taking the Centerpin world by storm.

Please refer to our web site at www.Lamiglas.com for more information on the Closer and many other great products from Lamiglas.

We are excited to announce the opening of our new Lamiglas showroom that features the entire product line of Rods and Blanks for your review and purchase at manufactures suggested retail. In addition, we have hats, t-shirts and hoody’s for purchase at the showroom. The showroom hours are 12pm to 4pm Monday thru Friday.

Lamiglas remains a family owned and operated USA company.

Again, Lamiglas appreciates your business and looks forward to providing all of you with the best products for each and every fishery.

Best regards,

Tom Posey
President
Lamiglas, Inc.
Hey Tom, did you bother to read the above posts? Would you mind terribly answering the above concerns involving warranty changes? Availability of tips or repair of rods that you have discontinued? Inquiring minds (of customers) want to know. Bob R P.S. I've P.M.ed you as well.

#981414 - 11/09/17 10:01 AM Re: LamiGlas Factory Store [Re: cohoangler]
bob r Offline
Returning Adult

I just tried P.M.ing him, he ain't accepting P.M.s Bob R

#981415 - 11/09/17 10:40 AM Re: LamiGlas Factory Store [Re: Kinetic Kwik]
Blktailhunter Offline
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: Kinetic Kwik
Go to the other side of the freeway.
Edge rods!
Only a nickle more, for first class.

Edge is having a 50% off on Black Friday sale.

#981420 - 11/09/17 11:43 AM Re: LamiGlas Factory Store [Re: cohoangler]
cohoangler Offline
Three Time Spawner

Just to be clear, it would be hard to find a more dedicated LamiGlas customer than me. I have a garage full of LamiGlas rods. I almost always wear my LamiGlas hat when I'm on the river. I've never owned a GLoomis rod. And have no desire to own one.

I wrote what I wrote because I'm genuinely concerned about what I see happening. I support the company based on years of great customer service and great products.

But I remain concerned, even with Tom's explanatory note.

#981421 - 11/09/17 11:49 AM Re: LamiGlas Factory Store [Re: cohoangler]
Blktailhunter Offline
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: cohoangler
Just to be clear, it would be hard to find a more dedicated LamiGlas customer than me. I have a garage full of LamiGlas rods. I almost always wear my LamiGlas hat when I'm on the river. I've never owned a GLoomis rod. And have no desire to own one.

I wrote what I wrote because I'm genuinely concerned about what I see happening. I support the company based on years of great customer service and great products.

But I remain concerned, even with Tom's explanatory note.

Maybe Lamiglas will have a sale similar to that of Edge on Black Friday.

#981430 - 11/09/17 03:18 PM Re: LamiGlas Factory Store [Re: cohoangler]
Blu13 Offline
Juvenile at Sea

RobertF

I was told the the Infinity was the replacement model for the Certified Pro. So I looked at the Infinity offerings. Nothing offered in the Lengths & Line Specs (8-17, 10 ft or 9' 6") that I wanted. So I bought a 9' 6" Loomis. And it felt weird. Like I had gone to the Dark Side.

#981465 - 11/10/17 09:37 PM Re: LamiGlas Factory Store [Re: bob r]
Piper
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: bob r
Hey Tom, did you bother to read the above posts? Would you mind terribly answering the above concerns involving warranty changes? Availability of tips or repair of rods that you have discontinued? Inquiring minds (of customers) want to know. Bob R P.S. I've P.M.ed you as well.

i think i heard them say, you can keep the tip...the big money is in gill nets, totes and refrigerated trucks

#981539 - 11/13/17 07:05 AM Re: LamiGlas Factory Store [Re: ]
MSA Offline
Parr

If you ever have an unresolved Lamiglas issue, please feel free to PM me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
landcruiserwilly, Tom Trune
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
3 registered (steely slammer, Carcassman, 1 invisible), 333 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645369 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |