THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#981543 - 11/13/17 07:20 AM Re: Concerns over Thompson River steelhead (BC) [Re: bushbear]
Carcassman Online   content
River Nutrients

Loc: Olema,California,Planet Earth
Doc, while it is easy and fun to blame Feinsten and Trump for what will happen to CA water, the problem is a lot closer to home. Too many people, and most located in virtual deserts. For options, let's just say that they decide to leave all the water in NorCal and use it for fish and people Norte of the Tehachapi's.

Were do the fruits and nuts south of there get water? Whose rivers get dried up? Already dried up the Colorado.

It won't be too long before the political power of the folks who want water tap the Big C. Because they also want the power, they'll take it at Bonneville, after generating the power there. Some really bit aqueducts send it down to (probably) the upper Sacramento where it then enters the distribution system.

While in college I heard a proposal from a CA legislator to dam the Carquinez Straits (upper end of SF Bay) to capture all of the Central Valley freshwater for export south. And this was a really long time ago.

#981581 - 11/13/17 08:07 PM Re: Concerns over Thompson River steelhead (BC) [Re: eyeFISH]
OLD FB Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Stanwood WA
Originally Posted By: eyeFISH
Originally Posted By: OLD FB

BTW WA. state could take a lesson from CA. these days in there ocean fisheries management as it was another stellar year for Chinook down there too!

I don't know about that OLD FB, I think they just got lucky. Pre-season, CA was bracing for a horrid 2017 chinook return. But I see JDR posting some pretty nice pics from the Sac... and not just a few. Here's an article about the pre-season outlook.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/6745494-181/worst-salmon-season-in-eight?artslide=0

Between Feinstein and Trump, CA's water management is poised to put salmon in the toilet for good.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/opinion/6485256-181/close-to-home-california-salmon?ref=related

Thanks for posting the links eyeFISH as I am well versed in California fishing "issues" still to this day as many old friends are involved in the charter industry down there as well as well as many rec anglers too. I know they were quite apprehensive before March 2017 but one friend and charter boat operator out of Sausalito ( fished with NewRayann for 14 years) went to March 1st Santa Rosa meeting and also attended the March 7th Vancouver WA meeting for PFMC and attended the early April meeting in Sacramento to voice his and all others involved in rec and charter industry and they got a decent number of days with nice numbers and quality fish. It's always a crystal ball estimate and glad it turned out for those guys down there this year! Sometimes ya' just get lucky I suppose. blush Numbers rise and fall and I get that but they are doing a supplemental release out at Ft Baker adjacent to the North tower of the GG Bridge in an effort to increase numbers too. 750K to 1 million this year was what I saw posted recently> Nice to be proactive! Ever fish in the Bay Area? I used to work with the Tyee Club at their net pen station off California City adjacent to the Tiburon Peninsula. Another great program too! Carcassman might recall that???

Water concerns? Always has been and always will be down there in the Golden State. Delta pumps come to mind tonight as they finally got them turned off in the spring as there were more stripers down that I-5 ditch to LA in the impoundments than in SF Bay of the Pacific Ocean off the beaches! World is a CRAZY place for sure these days.

All I want to do is FISH!

#981616 - 11/14/17 08:50 PM Re: Concerns over Thompson River steelhead (BC) [Re: Keta]
dizzy fisherman Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Oregon
Originally Posted By: Keta
This is just one of many symptoms of a systemically flawed socioeconomic system that demands economic growth fueled by full exploitation of natural resources with no concern for sustainability.

http://www.davidfroud.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Business-Ethics-1.png

#985448 - 02/14/18 01:20 PM Re: Concerns over Thompson River steelhead (BC) [Re: dizzy fisherman]
Jake Dogfish Offline
Spawner

Loc: Des Moines
Fast tracked to endangered species list.

https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/em...-673950263.html

#985467 - 02/14/18 04:49 PM Re: Concerns over Thompson River steelhead (BC) [Re: bushbear]
RUNnGUN Offline
Repeat Spawner

What a waste.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1074 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |