Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#981546 - 11/13/17 08:11 AM Re: LamiGlas Factory Store [Re: cohoangler]
cohoangler Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Vancouver, Washington
MSA - Thanks for participating in this discussion. It helps to know you’re listening.

The concern is not that issues are not getting resolved. They are. The concern is that LamiGlas has changed their policies recently, and those policies are different than what we’re accustomed to. It’s difficult to reconcile that you’re no longer servicing LamiGlas rods from years past.

For example, I have more Certified Pro rods than I care to count. But the last time I tried to get service, I was told that you’re no longer servicing rods you no longer make. Including Certified Pro. The only thing they could do is offer me a discount on a new rod, of similar model and style. So, yes, this issue was resolved. But it did not meet my expectations, primarily because I now own a lot of rods with a LamiGlas label but will no longer be serviced by LamiGlas.

It’s sorta like taking your trusty Chevy pick-up truck to the Chevy dealer to fix a flat tire, only to be told they no longer service Chevy trucks, but they’ll be happy to sell me a new one…..

I'm sure you see the concern and understand the frustration.

But if what I have written is incorrect, please set the record straight.

Edited by cohoangler (11/13/17 08:12 AM)

#981551 - 11/13/17 09:30 AM Re: LamiGlas Factory Store [Re: cohoangler]
MSA Offline
Parr

I certainly understand your frustration, and you are not alone. The Certified Pro's were an extremely popular rod, and there are a ton of them still out there in use. I'm not sure I have a good answer for you, as they are no longer being built, and getting an exact duplicate is no longer an option. I will bring your concerns up with the Lamiglas team, and let you know if I can provide a satisfactory solution.

#981595 - 11/14/17 10:55 AM Re: LamiGlas Factory Store [Re: cohoangler]
No Bail Offline
Alevin

Loc: Scappoose, Oregon
I wish you still sold seconds in a factory store. I also enjoyed your past holiday sales events. The lines out the door spoke to your devoted local customers.

Your decision, but I'll look elsewhere.

Where was that black Friday sale?

#981893 - 11/24/17 08:42 AM Re: LamiGlas Factory Store [Re: MSA]
What Offline
Spawner

So when should we expect to see the new center pin series, that is taking the Centerpin world by storm?

#981910 - 11/24/17 11:07 PM Re: LamiGlas Factory Store [Re: Blu13]
RobertF
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Blu13
RobertF

I was told the the Infinity was the replacement model for the Certified Pro. So I looked at the Infinity offerings. Nothing offered in the Lengths & Line Specs (8-17, 10 ft or 9' 6") that I wanted. So I bought a 9' 6" Loomis. And it felt weird. Like I had gone to the Dark Side.

I hear ya. Change . I don't like it either.

#981911 - 11/24/17 11:12 PM Re: LamiGlas Factory Store [Re: Kinetic Kwik]
RobertF
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Kinetic Kwik
Go to the other side of the freeway.
Edge rods!
Only a nickle more, for first class.

I recently ordered an Edge Black Widow spiral wrapped 9' 8-17 which will likely become my new main winter steelhead drift rod. I also ordered an 11'3" float rod from edge. And a Lamiglas Infinity 9'8" 6-15, a G1000 pro 12-30 and a new Daiwa Tatula and a Daiwa Zillion and a TFO 7'6" UL 2-8 . I think I may have a problem....

#981964 - 11/27/17 11:28 PM Re: LamiGlas Factory Store [Re: cohoangler]
Fear_no_fish Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Lake Stevens
The one time I tried getting a lamisnap replaced under warranty I was ignored. Sent a couple emails with zero reply. Pretty sweet customer service..

#981966 - 11/28/17 05:30 AM Re: LamiGlas Factory Store [Re: Fear_no_fish]
bob r Offline
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: Fear_no_fish
The one time I tried getting a lamisnap replaced under warranty I was ignored. Sent a couple emails with zero reply. Pretty sweet customer service..

I had 5 rods replaced over 17 years, one not more then 6 months ago. I certainly don't expect that service anymore, but most folks will tell you it was great while it lasted. If I had not received replies I would have just gone to the factory. We just waited 'till we had a trip to Portland scheduled. Bob R

#981984 - 11/28/17 06:10 PM Re: LamiGlas Factory Store [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: RobertF
Edge rods!

I recently ordered an Edge Black Widow spiral wrapped 9' 8-17 which will likely become my new main winter steelhead drift rod. I also ordered an 11'3" float rod from edge. And a Lamiglas Infinity 9'8" 6-15, a G1000 pro 12-30 and a new Daiwa Tatula and a Daiwa Zillion and a TFO 7'6" UL 2-8 . I think I may have a problem....

You will love that Daiwa reel.

- Albert Einstein.

#981998 - 11/28/17 11:07 PM Re: LamiGlas Factory Store [Re: Sol Duc]
RobertF
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Sol Duc
Originally Posted By: RobertF
Edge rods!

You will love that Daiwa reel.

I already dig the Tatula. Casts like a dream. The zillion feels way more solid.

#981999 - 11/28/17 11:12 PM Re: LamiGlas Factory Store [Re: Fear_no_fish]
RobertF
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Fear_no_fish

I emailed Lamiglas this afternoon to check up on a couple rods I had fast tracked. I received an email 2 hours later. I would say that is pretty good customer service. Not discounting your experience but to call them Lamisnap is kinda harsh considering the company revolutionized the fishing industry when a guy named Gary was working for them. They make great rods.

#982002 - 11/28/17 11:30 PM Re: LamiGlas Factory Store [Re: cohoangler]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Any dam fool can make a rod that won't break

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#982229 - 12/06/17 09:13 AM Re: LamiGlas Factory Store [Re: eyeFISH]
cohoangler Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Vancouver, Washington
Originally Posted By: eyeFISH
Any dam fool can make a rod that won't break

Here is the full quote from Gary Loomis:

"Any dam fool can make a rod that won't break, but you wouldn't want to fish with it."

G. Loomis

(sometime before he sold out to Shimano).

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Jose, sky
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 985 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |