Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#981695 - 11/17/17 08:49 PM Budget Advisory group established
bushbear Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Sequim
This group will have a challenge, I'm sure. I wish them well.

WDFW NEWS RELEASE
Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife
600 Capitol Way North, Olympia, WA 98501-1091
http://wdfw.wa.gov/

November 17, 2017

WDFW Budget and Policy Advisory Group sets first meeting Dec. 6 on long-term finance plan

OLYMPIA – The Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) has appointed a 20-member advisory committee to help the department with strategic planning, development of legislative proposals, and future budget requests.

The group's kick-off meeting is scheduled for 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 6, in Room 186 of the South Puget Sound Community College campus in Lacey, 4220 6th Ave. Its first task will be to help WDFW develop a long-term revenue plan in response to legislative direction.

When they enacted the 2017-19 biennial state operating budget, lawmakers directed WDFW to complete three tasks to improve the department's long-term financial stability and operational efficiency:

Develop a long-term plan to balance projected expenses and revenues by providing prioritized options for spending reductions and revenue increases.
Identify and implement management improvements and operating efficiencies.
Conduct a "zero-based budget review" to accompany the department's proposed 2019-21 operating budget.

The Legislature also directed WDFW to obtain public input on revenue options and to report its activities quarterly to the Fish and Wildlife Commission, the Governor's budget office, and the Legislature.

Nate Pamplin, WDFW policy director, said this process represents the department's first comprehensive management, operations, and financial review in more than 10 years.

"Rapid population growth and recent state and federal budget trends pose major challenges for fish and wildlife management," Pamplin said. "The advisory committee will provide valuable perspectives and recommendations about the role the department plays in conservation and the outdoor economy."

Pamplin said the advisory group members reflect the wide range of the department's current and planned programs and services. A list of the members appears below.

All meetings of the advisory group will be open to the public and will include public comment opportunities.

WDFW Budget and Policy Advisory Group

Name

Affiliation

City

Jason Callahan

Washington Forest Protection Association

Olympia

Gary Chandler

Association of Washington Business

Olympia

Bill Clarke

Trust for Public Land and Trout Unlimited

Olympia

David Cloe

Inland Northwest Wildlife Council

Spokane

Tom Davis

Washington Farm Bureau

Olympia

Mitch Friedman

Conservation Northwest

Seattle

Ron Garner

Puget Sound Anglers

Monroe

Andrea Imler

Washington Trails Association

Seattle

Eric Johnson

Washington State Association of Counties

Olympia

Fred Koontz

Conservationist

Duvall

Wayne Marian

Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation

Olympia

Andy Marks

Coastal Conservation Association

Auburn

Greg Mueller

Washington Trollers Association

Westport

Craig Partridge

Capitol Land Trust

Olympia

Mike Peterson

The Lands Council

Spokane

Mark Pidgeon

Hunters Heritage Council

Kent

Butch Smith

Ilwaco Charter Association

Ilwaco

Jennifer Syrowitz

Audubon Society

Seattle

Rachel Voss

Mule Deer Foundation

Yakima

Dick Wallace

Regional Fisheries Enhancement Groups

Olympia

#981698 - 11/17/17 11:23 PM Re: Budget Advisory group established [Re: bushbear]
Larry B Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: University Place and Whidbey I...
That job should pay $100K+/per person in addition to pre-paid anxiety meds.

It's the person who has done nothing who is sure nothing can be done. (Ewing)

#981710 - 11/18/17 09:40 AM Re: Budget Advisory group established [Re: bushbear]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Looks like a long day with an impossible mission, but I'm half inclined to sit in on that to see how realistic or delusional the process is.

#981712 - 11/18/17 10:09 AM Re: Budget Advisory group established [Re: Salmo g.]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Somewhere on the planet,I hope
Quote:
delusional the process is.

Well I think you have the correct assessment right there. Those who have been around the agency know the drill and nothing new here. Different dog, different pony, that is all.

#981729 - 11/18/17 09:31 PM Re: Budget Advisory group established [Re: bushbear]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Graham, WA
With Senator Pearson gone, the heat is off and it’s all just gonna be back slapping and atta boys...we sure are doing a good job!!

You know what’s really frustrating? THAT WE ALL SEE THE BS, AND YET, NOTHING IS CHANGING!! The good ol boys just keep screwing us over and we just gotta take it!

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#981741 - 11/19/17 11:19 AM Re: Budget Advisory group established [Re: bushbear]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Senator Pearson's leaving could cripple any attempt at reform at WDFW, unless the Legislature continues to reduce General Fund appropriations to the Department. After the stunts of the last two years, I kinda' favor removing any and all GF appropriations and make the Department wholly dependent on licenses and fees and see where their spending priorities land.

#981749 - 11/19/17 12:55 PM Re: Budget Advisory group established [Re: Salmo g.]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Graham, WA
Originally Posted By: Salmo g.
Senator Pearson's leaving could cripple any attempt at reform at WDFW, unless the Legislature continues to reduce General Fund appropriations to the Department. After the stunts of the last two years, I kinda' favor removing any and all GF appropriations and make the Department wholly dependent on licenses and fees and see where their spending priorities land.

EXCELLENT!!!

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#981750 - 11/19/17 12:55 PM Re: Budget Advisory group established [Re: bushbear]
Carcassman Online   content
River Nutrients

Loc: Olema,California,Planet Earth
That might also open some eyes in the non-consumptive user groups as to the need to fund conservation.

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 939 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |