THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#981792 - 11/20/17 04:57 PM Re: WDFW SAYS: IT'S YOUR FAULT, YOU NEED TO STOP [Re: Bay wolf]
Lucky Louie Offline
Carcass

Originally Posted By: Bay wolf
During our meeting with the senior Leadership of WDFW on the 26th of Oct, the department's legal representative said that the sport fishing community is responsible for the current situations between the Tribes and WDFW.

If self-policing camera streaming the meetings isn’t an acceptable solution by the tribes to halt errant comments by observers, then logic would dictate that the tribe’s excuse to exclude the public is just that---an excuse.

Are the tribes untruthful while excluding the public---perception will be the judge.

No you can’t have my rights---I’m still using them

#981793 - 11/20/17 05:24 PM Re: WDFW SAYS: IT'S YOUR FAULT, YOU NEED TO STOP [Re: Bay wolf]
RICH G
Unregistered

that's true, if the meetings are closed to the public and an interested party is excluded than all that can be done is speculation by the excluded group.

Its common sense that this would happen, that people would assume the worst especially when they see fewer and fewer opportunities year after year and as a long term trend much less fish as a whole. Everything costs more and less and less opportunity with greater restrictions.

When you look at the rest of the state government its obvious that it shares the same short cummings, same challengers, same scandals, that DFW has. when you have one group who has maintained control of an entire state for generations corruption really has an opportunity grow, now its to the point where it is boiling over, problem is most of the media is owned by the same bad players who fund the campaigns.

#981819 - 11/21/17 04:08 PM Re: WDFW SAYS: IT'S YOUR FAULT, YOU NEED TO STOP [Re: ]
bob r Offline
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: RICH G
This is pathetic and disgusting but nothing new.

This is the culture of this states government, you saw it with the "safe injection sites" with King County, corrupt judges decide that the people have no voice.

Nearly 20 years ago as a tribal police officer I tried to report proof of fraud to WDFW, proof was waiting for them, frozen in the fish house, (4200 wild steelhead with heads and tails cut off) frozen and stacked like cord wood, waiting to be transported as it had been sold as Halibut bait headed to the Alaska commercial fishery. Instead of thanking me for the information and taking some type of action, they refused to even come look at it, instead they accused me of lying and called me names. That is the culture we are dealing with here in Washington.

We have massive corruption on all levels, every branch is totally compromised. The only thing that matters is money.

With all the lies you have tried to perpetuate on this site ( I say "try" as most of us call you out continually for your horseshit) we should believe anything you say even if it appears to be believable (by anyone else!) ? I don't think so. Bob R

#981825 - 11/21/17 06:09 PM Re: WDFW SAYS: IT'S YOUR FAULT, YOU NEED TO STOP [Re: Bay wolf]
RICH G
Unregistered

I don't recall telling any lies. I have remained pretty consistent for as long as I have been on here. Just because you don't believe much of what I write does not make it untrue.

Check the archives between 2000 and 2003 you should find an original thread on it. But I have told the story many times on here over the years.

#981839 - 11/22/17 06:49 AM Re: WDFW SAYS: IT'S YOUR FAULT, YOU NEED TO STOP [Re: Bay wolf]
Lucky Louie Offline
Carcass

During our meeting with the senior Leadership of WDFW on the 26th of Oct, the department's legal representative said that the sport fishing community is responsible for the current situations between the Tribes and WDFW. He explained that the sport fishing community "upset" the tribes by their comments on the various fishing boards, and therefore the Tribes "clam up" and refuse to cooperate.

WDFW asks that we STOP upsetting the tribes.

So, those in conservation that would like to see more wild fish come back to terminal areas and then spawn in their respective rivers would manipulate work with the tribes by being antagonistic to the tribes in hope of more lost opportunity to state sport fishers to hopefully achieve the proper end result.

The tribes being just another tool smile ---------in the tool box are destined to be unhappy---with no end in sight.

#981841 - 11/22/17 07:40 AM Re: WDFW SAYS: IT'S YOUR FAULT, YOU NEED TO STOP [Re: Bay wolf]
Carcassman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Olema,California,Planet Earth
The conundrum is that the tribal fishermen and sport fishermen don't play well together. Don't/can't/won't share the water. So, if we do get more fish back to terminal areas and need more harvest by both sides in those areas it will create an interesting mess for managers.

#981842 - 11/22/17 08:16 AM Re: WDFW SAYS: IT'S YOUR FAULT, YOU NEED TO STOP [Re: Lucky Louie]
Lucky Louie Offline
Carcass

Originally Posted By: Lucky Louie
During our meeting with the senior Leadership of WDFW on the 26th of Oct, the department's legal representative said that the sport fishing community is responsible for the current situations between the Tribes and WDFW.

If self-policing camera streaming the meetings isn’t an acceptable solution by the tribes to halt errant comments by observers, then logic would dictate that the tribe’s excuse to exclude the public is just that---an excuse.

Are the tribes untruthful while excluding the public---perception will be the judge.

Excuses without merit are unacceptable.

#981884 - 11/23/17 07:34 PM Re: WDFW SAYS: IT'S YOUR FAULT, YOU NEED TO STOP [Re: Bay wolf]
LocalTalent Offline
Juvenile at Sea

It's our fault for not smiling as we got poked in the pooper.

#981888 - 11/23/17 09:52 PM Re: WDFW SAYS: IT'S YOUR FAULT, YOU NEED TO STOP [Re: ]
the_chemist Offline
Parr

Originally Posted By: stam
Boldt only assured the savages the right to kill the last one.....it's the states mission to expedite it.

And its racist pieces of S&%$ like you that give first nations a reason not to trust us.

Edited by the_chemist (11/23/17 09:55 PM)

#981890 - 11/24/17 12:31 AM Re: WDFW SAYS: IT'S YOUR FAULT, YOU NEED TO STOP [Re: the_chemist]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: the_chemist
Originally Posted By: stam
Boldt only assured the savages the right to kill the last one.....it's the states mission to expedite it.

And its racist pieces of S&%$ like you that give first nations a reason not to trust us.

Whatever, Geronimo. Stam does not use the I word or the N word. LOL

- Albert Einstein.

#981891 - 11/24/17 08:27 AM Re: WDFW SAYS: IT'S YOUR FAULT, YOU NEED TO STOP [Re: Bay wolf]
Lucky Louie Offline
Carcass

I find it disingenuous that the state would blame the sportsmen for current conditions considering the historically background between state/federal officials/governments involvement with the tribes.

A recent example several years back was the steelhead settlement between the state and an organization that left the tribes sitting on their thumbs in the background out of negotiations that cut major production of steelhead in many of the Puget Sound rivers.

The tribes and sportsmen might have more in common than they realize---"OUR" distrust for the “STATE”.

Edited by Lucky Louie (11/24/17 11:35 AM)

#981892 - 11/24/17 08:34 AM Re: WDFW SAYS: IT'S YOUR FAULT, YOU NEED TO STOP [Re: Bay wolf]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
The fact that WDFW represents me in negotiations makes me want to set myself - or them - on fire.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#981895 - 11/24/17 09:37 AM Re: WDFW SAYS: IT'S YOUR FAULT, YOU NEED TO STOP [Re: Bay wolf]
Smalma Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Marysville
While it may be true that some of the comments by various sports man and this other forums were off base. I can see how some of those comments could inflame the situation. That said I believe it is important to look at the underlying causes.

On the whole I have found that we as sport anglers tend to be under informed on the nuances of salmon management and the process developing our annual seasons. In addition it is rare that anglers are provided with complete information upon which to form opinions and potentially assign blame for various frustrations.

While it might be appropriate to assign some communication blame on the sports community not be completely up to speed on the issues and reality of the salmon management in this state. My observation is that a large share of the "blame" falls on WDFW and their co-management. The failure has been in both in communication to the sport community and transparency within the "process". Recent decisions/actions by the co-managers only serves to compound the problems.

For what is worth I have found incredible passion for the salmon resource in the sport fishing community and it would serve the salmon resources and those that care to fish for that resource to capture that passion. Long term success in any salmon recovery efforts will require uniting that shared passion (tribal and non-treaty) to the benefit of the regions rivers and the resource those rivers support. Unfortunately the co-managers have been unable to bridge their differences and seem to be struggling to find any sort of path forward.

The entire situation does not bode well for either the salmon resource or those that care about that resource.

Curt

#981899 - 11/24/17 01:19 PM Re: WDFW SAYS: IT'S YOUR FAULT, YOU NEED TO STOP [Re: Bay wolf]
Carcassman Offline
River Nutrients

Properly regulated, managed, and reported gill netting, in rivers, is probably the best commercial gear currently available. Traps would be better, fish wheels might work too. The in-river gillnets are being blamed because they are obvious. The unseen marine mixed stock fisheries are overlooked since they are remote and generally take fewer fish per day. Although a single Canadian troller taking over 1,000 coho (majority being WA origin) suggested to me that they can be efficient, too.

None of the managers are willing to say that, for the future, we will increase the escapement by a minimum of 10% over brood. There has been no effort to put more fish on the grounds and it has been all the managers, working together, to create this situation.

#981909 - 11/24/17 09:21 PM Re: WDFW SAYS: IT'S YOUR FAULT, YOU NEED TO STOP [Re: ]
Carcassman Offline
River Nutrients

Absolutely. This hands off, auto-pilot management is not anywhere close to what is needed. The harder you fish, the more effort needs to be placed in monitoring, planning, regulation, and enforcement. Seems that The Co-Managers want to do less......

Trust us.............

#981942 - 11/26/17 04:34 PM Re: WDFW SAYS: IT'S YOUR FAULT, YOU NEED TO STOP [Re: Bay wolf]
LocalTalent Offline
Juvenile at Sea

In related news, an angry Bill Cosby is claiming that none of those women left a thank you card.

#981955 - 11/27/17 05:45 PM Re: WDFW SAYS: IT'S YOUR FAULT, YOU NEED TO STOP [Re: Bay wolf]
Tug 3 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tumwater
Admittedly, salmon management in our state is a complex issue. Lots of rivers in bad shape, very few in fair shape. Fishing seasons have been reduced considerably. Controversy on setting fishing seasons is a topic of conversation in thousands of homes, fishing boats, F&W Commission meetings, etc. All citizens have access to the North of Falcon meetings, but only treaty tribal members get to hear and input on some of the most complex season setting decisions, decided in closed door meetings with WDFW leadership. The results of setting the tribal/recreational seasons is sometimes surprising, sometimes not. But how the decisions are discussed and ultimately set is still a secret. It is very reasonable to open the door to these meetings since WDFW represents all citizens. At a minimum, the meetings between WDFW and the treaty tribes should be telecast live. Just my opinion. I don't think WDFW wants to be put under the microscope as to their actions in the WDFW/tribal salmon setting process.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (Salmo g., 1 invisible), 1065 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645299 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |