Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#982432 - 12/12/17 09:12 AM Legislative Contacts in support of Transparency
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Graham, WA
Many have asked what more they can do to help in the fight for greater transparency in our fisheries and to end the secret meetings.

One of the important steps is to contact your state representatives. If they start receiving a ton of emails with strong messages asking for their support, they will pay attention. It only takes a couple of minutes, but the impact is huge.

Here is a link to find who your representatives are:

Find your Legislator

Also, we have a new Chairman of Natural resources.
Sen. Kevin Van De Wege from Sequim, (MA 6).
It is very important that Senator Van De Wedge gets emails from you as well. Since most of the legislation from WDFW goes through his committee.

Senator Christine Rolfes from Bainbridge Island(MA 10) is now the Chair of the Budget Committee. Very important to WDFW. She too needs to get your emails.

Our sport and our fish are being decimated. Conservation should be the priority, and cooperation between ALL is the only way we can work together to save our fish. We cannot have one side of the co-management process deny the other the right to be informed and involved in the process.

PLEASE get those email out.

#982442 - 12/12/17 01:20 PM Re: Legislative Contacts in support of Transparency [Re: Bay wolf]
FleaFlickr02 Offline
River Nutrients

Done. District 24 has been contacted.

#982451 - 12/12/17 04:21 PM Re: Legislative Contacts in support of Transparency [Re: Bay wolf]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

I called Senator Van de Wege's office and spoke to his Senior Legislative Assistant, Linda Barnfather. She was very cordial and has placed me in the Senators cue for a short meeting.

I would recommend all of you to call your representatives offices and ask them to meet with you. Remember, these people WORK FOR YOU, not the other way around. They WANT to hear what you have to say. They live in a bubble for the most part and welcome hearing from the people they work for.

If you find them obnoxious, well, you know who NOT to vote for next time, right! You have the power, just remind them of that!

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#982458 - 12/12/17 06:03 PM Re: Legislative Contacts in support of Transparency [Re: Bay wolf]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

DONE!

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#982459 - 12/12/17 06:05 PM Re: Legislative Contacts in support of Transparency [Re: Bay wolf]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

That's 3 for district 24.

C'mon folks.... ROLL CALL!

Post up the district you got covered.

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#982464 - 12/12/17 07:13 PM Re: Legislative Contacts in support of Transparency [Re: Bay wolf]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Sent to Conway, Kirby and Sawyer...again

Dist. 29

Also sent another very strong email to Gov. Inslee. He really needs to get off his As$ and get involved. Governor "Green" Inslee has made public statements about Bears ears...Really? Where is he on an issue in his hoe State?

Edited by Bay wolf (12/12/17 08:56 PM)

#982466 - 12/12/17 08:37 PM Re: Legislative Contacts in support of Transparency [Re: Bay wolf]
paguy Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Done! Dist.24

#982475 - 12/13/17 05:16 AM Re: Legislative Contacts in support of Transparency [Re: Bay wolf]
Great Bender Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Hood Canal
Done! District #35... Including a request to be updated weekly in regard to any legislative proposal that is contrary to OPMA/Sunshine Laws, and restricts transparency in that process...

#982503 - 12/13/17 07:06 PM Re: Legislative Contacts in support of Transparency [Re: Bay wolf]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

SERIALLY? This is the best we can do in 24 hours?

J F C ... I'm telling you, APATHY is the #1 killer of rec opportunity.

Now make a move to PROVE old Miyagi-san wrong!

I dare ya!

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#982504 - 12/13/17 07:31 PM Re: Legislative Contacts in support of Transparency [Re: Bay wolf]
Gusty Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Everett, WA. USA
Dist. 38 checking in and done.

#982505 - 12/13/17 08:03 PM Re: Legislative Contacts in support of Transparency [Re: Bay wolf]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Eyefish, I'm not sure if it's apathy or defeatism? In any case, without a tidal wave of outrage and an avalanche of letters, calls and personal visits, the only person we have to blame for losing our sport and our fish is ourselves.

I got a confirmation from Senator Conway's office that they received my comments.. I followed it up with a request to speak in person to the Senator.

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#982506 - 12/13/17 08:34 PM Re: Legislative Contacts in support of Transparency [Re: Bay wolf]
bushbear Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Sequim
Done. Personal meeting with Sen. VanDeWege and Rep. Chapman.

#982507 - 12/13/17 08:52 PM Re: Legislative Contacts in support of Transparency [Re: Bay wolf]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
No replies to any of my emails yet.
I’m going request a meeting with Senator Chase.
SF

#982565 - 12/15/17 11:19 AM Re: Legislative Contacts in support of Transparency [Re: Bay wolf]
Streamer Offline
No Stars for You!

Loc: T-Town
Is there any other way to obtain their email addresses? I have my letter written out but the website only allows messages to be 1000 characters.

#982568 - 12/15/17 12:18 PM Re: Legislative Contacts in support of Transparency [Re: Bay wolf]
FleaFlickr02 Offline
River Nutrients

The email convention is firstname.lastname@leg.wa.gov

#982570 - 12/15/17 01:07 PM Re: Legislative Contacts in support of Transparency [Re: FleaFlickr02]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: FleaFlickr02
The email convention is firstname.lastname@leg.wa.gov

Yes, you can use the email convention that Fleaflicker posted. That allows you to use your own personal email to send messages to the legislators. Just use it in the TO: block

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#982761 - 12/21/17 10:38 PM Re: Legislative Contacts in support of Transparency [Re: Bay wolf]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

For those unwilling/unable to contact legislators, here's an another avenue to help keep this issue front and center. Let the Commission know your SUPPORT the following petition...

http://thfwa.org

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vwyo_nttjfTWa9sRtaG7a37WQDpofUpb/view

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#982768 - 12/22/17 08:25 AM Re: Legislative Contacts in support of Transparency [Re: Bay wolf]
Great Bender Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Hood Canal
An example, if needed, of a message aimed at making a difference for Recs--

Thank you, Senator, for your prompt and positive response to my recent message concerning needed transparency in the season-setting process of our fisheries. I write in reference to a joint effort by the WA Citizen Sportsmen and Twin Harbors Fish and Wildlife Advocacy to bring about some timely change to the NOF Co-Management negotiations. I urge you to strongly examine and support Petition #C-3608, a request recently delivered to the nine individual Fish and Wildlife Commissioners. The document is an effort to bring the Co-Management process in alignment with the Open Public Meetings Act and Sunshine Laws.
You will soon see focused media attention by stakeholders, patrons, supporters and advocates to make things right--conservation and preservation of our salmon resource can only come about with renewed WFDW and Tribal cooperation, and adherence to the principles set forth by the Boldt Decision. The fish are at extreme risk, and need the help of lawmakers like yourself.

Sent to Senator Tim Sheldon and Representatives Dan Griffey and Drew MacEwen 12/12/2017

#982785 - 12/22/17 09:58 PM Re: Legislative Contacts in support of Transparency [Re: Bay wolf]
DrifterWA Online   content
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
Done............District 19

Senator Dean A. Takko
Rep. Jim Walsh
Rep. Brian E. Blake

This area gets a double whammy...WDFW/QIN at NOF(Dog and Pony Show) and WDFW/QIN during the Wynoochee Mitigation meetings.

Wynoochee Mitigation, started in 1992 and still not started.......Probably had more WDFW Fish Managers involved with this.....none can get it done, and the worse part general public has no idea what the hang up is.

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#982786 - 12/23/17 07:00 AM Re: Legislative Contacts in support of Transparency [Re: Bay wolf]
Carcassman Online   content
River Nutrients

Loc: Olema,California,Planet Earth
Drifter, I think Wynoochee Mitigation goes back way earlier than '92. I was involved at that time, and it had been going on for quite a while then. Money may have been added then but there was the original mitigation that still raises issues.

If memory serves, WDG used the money they got for facility upgrades rather than production. They agreed (probably in writing, somewhere) that they would fund the production (steelhead). Then, when funds tightened or priorities changed they tried to back out. I think Rivrguy might have more details.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
m_ray, Str8nr
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (DrifterWA, Tug 3), 112 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |