Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#862097 - 10/10/13 02:11 PM New Obamacare Poll
OceanSun Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: North Creek
New AP-GfK poll out today on Obamacare. Seems public opinion is rapidly shifting once people look beyond the "savior" selling it and start looking at the actual program itself. Two separate issues that people mistakenly mix: Botched rollout and the program itself. My personal opinion is that both are bad. From the excerpts below, it looks like people are now overwhelmingly opposed to Obamacare.

Link: http://seattletimes.com/html/healthcare/2022004456_apxhealthoverhaulpoll.html

A couple key excerpts regarding the program itself:

Opinions are sharply divided on the overall framework of the law: 28 percent of Americans support it, 38 percent are opposed, and 32 percent don't have an opinion either way, the poll found.

When asked specifically whether the government should be able to require all Americans to buy insurance or face a fine, only about 3 in 10 Americans agreed, and 68 percent were opposed.

#862149 - 10/10/13 07:33 PM Re: New Obamacare Poll [Re: ]
OceanSun Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: North Creek
Apparently most people initially didn't know such a requirement was part of the law. [cue now to the dumb americans thread ;>)]

#982462 - 12/12/17 06:46 PM Re: New Obamacare Poll [Re: OceanSun]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

So here we are 4 years later.

How's ObamaCare treating you?

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#982478 - 12/13/17 08:42 AM Re: New Obamacare Poll [Re: OceanSun]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

I've been and still am insulated from Obamacare. I was on a group health care plan when I was working, and carried that over into retirement. Then added Medicare a year ago for an additional $126/mo. I modified my group plan, and my monthly premium should go down by over $100/mo., maybe more. It's goofy to unravel; they will rebate me $750/yr that can be applied to Medicare or prescriptions. It would be so much simpler for me if they just reduced my premium by $750/yr.

#982493 - 12/13/17 03:49 PM Re: New Obamacare Poll [Re: OceanSun]
gooybob Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma
Don't forget boys, Obama was elected based on a health care plan....twice!
38% opposed = staunch Republicans.
32% no opinion = have insurance through employers.
28% approve = people that need health insurance.

#982508 - 12/13/17 09:19 PM Re: New Obamacare Poll [Re: gooybob]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

GD, you're one insufferable old fart. I think you said you were 70 years old? You would think by now, you would know all politicians are slimy and crooked. Go fish or go play bridge with your dinosaur neighbors. Good luck!

Edited by Sol Duc (12/13/17 10:05 PM)

- Albert Einstein.

#982540 - 12/14/17 06:53 PM Re: New Obamacare Poll [Re: OceanSun]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
I've always been in the "32% no opinion = have insurance through employers" category but I have an opinion!

O'Bammercare blows.

Please don't make me explain math tonight.
I don't want to have to explain math tonight.
Don't want.
No.

#982566 - 12/15/17 11:34 AM Re: New Obamacare Poll [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Originally Posted By: Hankster
Originally Posted By: OceanSun
Apparently most people initially didn't know such a requirement was part of the law. [cue now to the dumb americans thread ;>)]

How could they know?

It had to pass before anybody knew what was in it.

Like the new tax plan

It's always great when the parties have a contest to see who's completely useless. So far nobody had a clear lead.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#982590 - 12/15/17 10:54 PM Re: New Obamacare Poll [Re: OceanSun]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
It's not a fine. Oh no...it's much, much worse than that.

It's a tax collected through the dreaded IRS. eek2

It's a socialized death and taxes machine rolled into one nice little money bilking fraud & extortion grift. Brought to you by the same people that buy $150 chitter seats and $87 hammers. What could possibly go wrong? smirk

Thank you - your honorable Roberts.
Thanks a lot pal.

#983165 - 01/03/18 02:58 PM Re: New Obamacare Poll [Re: Sol Duc]
gooybob Offline
Spawner

Originally Posted By: Sol Duc
GD, you're one insufferable old fart. I think you said you were 70 years old? You would think by now, you would know all politicians are slimy and crooked. Go fish or go play bridge with your dinosaur neighbors. Good luck!

As usual you got it all wrong because as I've said, a lack of education and no ability to recognize reality you never will Sol Dic. Where do you get your insurance from? While you are blindly voting for people that are completely screwing this country over you're getting screwed too. Kind of like cutting your nose off to spite your face. That alone shows your complete lack of knowledge. There's only one person on this site that is more disconnected with reality than you and that's your homie Rich G. It always makes me laugh seeing you slight Rich when you're just one tick above on the IQ scale. Let me see, that means you would be a 2. Just by reading the ignorance you puke out reveals so much. You did say one intelligent thing. All politicians are slimy and crooked and they count of ignorance to get elected. Just like your boy Trump. Bet you're just reveling in all of his accomplishments. Hahahahahaha Idiot!

#983166 - 01/03/18 03:30 PM Re: New Obamacare Poll [Re: ]
gooybob Offline
Spawner

Originally Posted By: Hankster
Originally Posted By: OceanSun

How could they know?

It had to pass before anybody knew what was in it.

You mean like the new tax plan? Rushed with few if any actually knowing much about it INCLUDING the Republicans. This is what is sad Hank. I knew that the penalty for not signing up was there long before it was ratified. Why, because I read what was being published. There were objections to it right from the start. But just how many people did read anything related to it? Very few. Most people are like Sol Dic. Talking out of their asses without having a clue as to what they're talking about. For you and me Hank, it's not an issue but for millions it is. It's not perfect and could be improved but for a whole lot of people on this site especially they could be employed one day and out of a job the next. And, a medical catastrophe can happen just as fast. Let me just say this. I work a job that sees people's credit and financial status every day. I've seen people fall from the top down to the bottom over night. And, I know for a fact it's happened to a few guys on this site. When people don't have insurance they use the emergency room for their primary care. The cost of emergency room services is 10 times that of going to a doctor. Not only that the bill doesn't get paid. That means higher costs for everyone. You and I will pick up the tab. If you work for a large company with thousands of employees your insurance is cheaper than if you work for a small company. Obviously that's because of the number of people paying into it. Obama care was supposed to work on the very same principle, the more that join the cheaper the cost. There is just one problem. The health insurers saw an opportunity to take complete advantage and blame it on the Affordable Care Act. Hard to believe? I think not. They used it as an excuse to raise everyone's insurance not just the ACA. How is it that all of the big health care insurers are having banner profits? Look it up. If that surprises you it shouldn't. They are no better (different) than all of the major corporations in this country. The real joke is some claim to be non-profit. Make sure you don't get that confused with not for profit. Take a look at the upper management salaries. It's disgusting. I've been very fortunate in my life and you would think I would jump right on the Republican agenda but now that Chump is in office it should be obvious to all why I wouldn't stand in the same room with him. He does not give a sh!t about the working man as he lies and says he does. Each year that goes by until he's out it will get worse and worse. Or as Rich G says, "wronger and wronger"!

#983178 - 01/03/18 08:31 PM Re: New Obamacare Poll [Re: OceanSun]
Snake Pliskin Offline
Bead

Loc: Duvall
I don't have much income and am self-employed.....so I have two options: pay for insurance through Obamacare or don't have insurance and get a tax fine. The math: the tax fine is less than the cost of the insurance. So, as Burt Reynolds said in "Deliverance", "I don't believe in insurance....no risk". Haven't been to a doctor in years...if something hurts, I ice it. If it really hurts, I ice it and drink some tequila.

Snake

#983180 - 01/03/18 09:55 PM Re: New Obamacare Poll [Re: NickD90]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: NickD90

Thank you - your honorable Roberts.
Thanks a lot pal.

No kidding.....what a fuk stick.

- Albert Einstein.

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Carcassman, Clipfin, Danny Clyde, Dannyboy, dk1948, Twitch
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 345 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645367 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |