Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#982817 - 12/24/17 11:16 PM I think I have a fishing addiction
RobertF
Unregistered

My name is Robert and I'm a fishing addict. My drug of choice is steelhead.

I had kind of gotten away from fishing as much and was into doing other things even though I never gave up on it entirely. This year I have been as obsessed as I was when I first started steelhead fishing decades ago. I bought 3 edge rods, 2 lamiglas rods,2 new daiwa reels,and more money than I need to on corkies,plugs,line,waders,terminal tackle. I am really sick with it lately. All I think about is steelhead fishing. Well that and women's breasts,but I digress.

So my question is,is there help for me or am I completely doomed? It's worse than ever. I'm probably even going to fly up and take a ride with sykofish in his boat this march,it's gotten that bad. Please help...

Edited by RobertF (12/24/17 11:17 PM)

#982821 - 12/25/17 06:02 AM Re: I think I have a fishing addiction [Re: ]
Ward Offline
Parr

You are not sick; you are perfectly healthy. Do not, repeat, do not seek treatment.

#982823 - 12/25/17 08:12 AM Re: I think I have a fishing addiction [Re: ]
cobble cruiser Offline
~B-F-D~

Robert,

I feel ya man. Steelheading is a rollercoaster disease with high and lulls. Ive tried to concentrate on other things (little one(s) will do that to ya) but i always relapse. Lately, ive felt like i did when i was a kid. A 6 pound hatchery fish twisting and bending in the current feels magical and i appreciate the disease that much more for some reason. Guess "getting healthy" for awhile will do that to ya. Vedder always had a saying "having it bad" and he nailed it. Theres no cure for this guy, im stuck with it. Dont get to down on yourself, its contagious around these parts and alot of guys got it. wink

#982824 - 12/25/17 09:44 AM Re: I think I have a fishing addiction [Re: ]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
vapidangler:

You're normal, just chose to live in wrong area......BUT there is hope for you, there is a small river close to you that has steelhead. Do a search, might be a "catch and release" but its a fishery for you.

My youngest son and wife lived in Pacific Grove. He was a school teacher there, wife was working and got Doctoral in Marine Biology there.

Good luck to you, oh you can always go to the Monterey Bay Aquarium and enjoy seeing fish.

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#982834 - 12/25/17 12:09 PM Re: I think I have a fishing addiction [Re: DrifterWA]
vapidangler
Unregistered

Oh I have caught fish a plenty in my local streams. Fished the Russian last Saturday. Plan on covering a lot of ground. I have been blessed this year with my career and health and I have time to pursue my obsession wink. Merry Christmas y'all.

#982862 - 12/26/17 04:16 PM Re: I think I have a fishing addiction [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Hook up with Hank, he knows those rivers pretty good. Good luck.

- Albert Einstein.

#982865 - 12/26/17 05:16 PM Re: I think I have a fishing addiction [Re: Sol Duc]
vapidangler
Unregistered

Frank

#982913 - 12/28/17 12:04 AM Re: I think I have a fishing addiction [Re: ]
LocalTalent Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Originally Posted By: vapidangler

So my question is,is there help for me or am I completely doomed?

Move to Washington. You'll be removed from steelhead.

#982915 - 12/28/17 01:01 AM Re: I think I have a fishing addiction [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Frank

Yup, he's been fishing those rivers over 80 years or so. :>)

- Albert Einstein.

#982946 - 12/28/17 03:07 PM Re: I think I have a fishing addiction [Re: LocalTalent]
vapidangler
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: LocalTalent

So my question is,is there help for me or am I completely doomed?

Move to Washington. You'll be removed from steelhead.

I like Warshington. Caught some nice fish up that a ways. Oregon too. Me and a few buddies never scoff at a flight or a drive. It's like an adventure to us. I was fishing tidewater in a river last weekend and almost stepped on a nice 12 pound native steelhead in 1 foot of water,hiding in the weeds. They get chased by seals down there. That river is a 3 hour drive and some change. We need rain. I really wanna come up and fish the OP this march. My landlord/fishing pal bought a drift raft. Figured we would try hells half mile and see if we survive it.

#982951 - 12/28/17 04:33 PM Re: I think I have a fishing addiction [Re: Sol Duc]
Bent Metal Offline
Carcass

Loc: Sky River(WA) Clearwater(Id)
Originally Posted By: Sol Duc
Frank

Yup, he's been fishing those rivers over 80 years or so. :>)

Frank Dent? If this is the "Frank" you are referring to, I believe he is also associated with a Charter business down there......swell guy!

I lived and breathed steelheading for about 15 yrs, until the bottom dropped out of the Puget sound systems. There is still opportunity to find solitude and grind out some fish. The key is to cover ALOT of water and not be [Bleeeeep!] around with gear.....or stand at the hatchery terminal with 30 guys and synchronize cast while trying not to get aids or the flu. grin

The last ten years have been spent fishing the infamous Idaho BRuns, a lot of fun although not the same as a gun metal black back with clear fins.

Once it gets in your blood, you are doomed. Enjoy the journey!

#982963 - 12/28/17 09:15 PM Re: I think I have a fishing addiction [Re: Bent Metal]
vapidangler
Unregistered

Lol I'm not a newbie to this site or steelheading but thank you I will enjoy the journey. And "Frank" is code for Hankster,who owns a 30 pound cat.

#982982 - 12/29/17 12:32 PM Re: I think I have a fishing addiction [Re: ]
sykofish Offline
I'm not short, I'm 'fun size'

Loc: Mulletville
I'm probably even going to fly up and take a ride with sykofish in his boat this march,it's gotten that bad. Please help...

This is a sign of pure desperation.

You poor Bastard.

Ifn you really are that desperate to fish. You know how to get hold of me.

The barn is still here and the farm animals have calmed down since you were here last.

Rusty Bell

#982985 - 12/29/17 01:17 PM Re: I think I have a fishing addiction [Re: Bent Metal]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

That's Mr Dent to you....AKA: Charter Czar. smile

- Albert Einstein.

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Carcassman, Clipfin, Danny Clyde, Dannyboy, dk1948, Twitch
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (wolverine), 1007 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645362 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |