THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#983582 - 01/13/18 08:59 PM Re: WDFW Gives Up Puget Sound Fishing… For Nothing [Re: Sky-Guy]
stonefish Online   content
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
What a bunch of bs.
A 1,000 fish summer chinook quota for MA 9. Really??????
WDFW is doing their best to kill the long history of sportsfishing on Puget Sound.

Not only are they going to kill sportsfishing, they’ll kill the marine (boats) and retail tackle industries.

All over 9-10 fish.
All those involved in negotiating this agreement behind the public’s and commission’s back need to be [Bleeeeep!] canned.
SF

#983586 - 01/13/18 09:38 PM Re: WDFW Gives Up Puget Sound Fishing… For Nothing [Re: Sky-Guy]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Canned?

You mean in tin cans, under pressure, in a boiling hot environment?

I agree.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#983587 - 01/13/18 09:49 PM Re: WDFW Gives Up Puget Sound Fishing… For Nothing [Re: stonefish]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Graham, WA
Originally Posted By: stonefish
What a bunch of bs.
A 1,000 fish summer chinook quota for MA 9. Really??????
WDFW is doing their best to kill the long history of sportsfishing on Puget Sound.

Not only are they going to kill sportsfishing, they’ll kill the marine (boats) and retail tackle industries.

All over 9-10 fish.
All those involved in negotiating this agreement behind the public’s and commission’s back need to be [Bleeeeep!] canned.
SF

I hope you've sent a copy of this to the Commission. It's great to put your perspective on the board, but the Commission can make things happen. They need to hear from everybody

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#983588 - 01/13/18 10:18 PM Re: WDFW Gives Up Puget Sound Fishing… For Nothing [Re: Sky-Guy]
stonefish Online   content
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
Bay Wolf,
I’ve been wearing out my [Bleeeeep!] fingers on this issue.
I’ve gotten only one response so far, but I don’t give a [Bleeeeep!].
They’ll continue to hear from me.
SF

#983592 - 01/13/18 11:07 PM Re: WDFW Gives Up Puget Sound Fishing… For Nothing [Re: stonefish]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: stonefish
Bay Wolf,
I’ve been wearing out my [Bleeeeep!] fingers on this issue.
I’ve gotten only one response so far, but I don’t give a [Bleeeeep!].
They’ll continue to hear from me.
SF

Good for you Stonefish. Don't give up and don't give in! I hope others will take your example and let the Commission know how they feel.

It makes a difference, but only if they get many, many letters.

Thanks Stonefish.

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#983656 - 01/15/18 09:28 AM Re: WDFW Gives Up Puget Sound Fishing… For Nothing [Re: Sky-Guy]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

I read this very interesting reply from a gentlemen named Bill on the Tidal Exchange article. I think Bill brings some good points, some that should be considered if the state and tribal co-managers are serious about ESA recovery. Big steps, and steps that won't be popular, but steps that would have major consequences for reducing impacts and a good place to start:

Bill | January 14, 2018 at 5:14 pm | Reply
I am glad to see all the responses especially the Tribal response, I doubt we would ever see a WDFW or NOAA response.
I like many others have lost trust in the co-managers. You can point to many issues habitat loss, over harvest, ocean conditions but secret meetings without input from all stakeholders is flawed & corrupt, this latest plan is a fine example, they don’t have all the facts but are crafting a plan in secret?? The fist issue I have is sale for profit of ESA listed fish, this should be the first manageable issue. STOP THE SALE OF ESA listed PUGET
SOUND CHINOOK! Second issue, the only group that fishes selectively also pumps the Most money back into the economy, funds hatcheries, gets SCREWED! Why allow commercial harvest in the Puget Sound selling ESA listed Chinook for profit? The co-managers make no distinction between a commercial harvester and a selective fishing sportsmen. One catches,sells ESA listed fish, the other pays $1000.00 per hatchery fish for the opportunity.
A note to our Tribal Co-Manager’s you could help us understand your position by being more transparent, you can read what we are thinking and you can comment, where can we read what your thinking and respond? You can read creel reports open to all, easy to find. Your catch not so easy to find…….
The commercial harvesters fish in Alaska and then come down here and fish…Why??
Why allow commercial harvest in Washington we get very little return and lose a lot in way of ESA listed fish. Why not give the their quota to the only group using selective methods?
Where is Jay Inslee in all of this? he would probably make things worse but he is asleep at the wheel again!!!!!!!

Note: There are commercial selective fisheries in Puget Sound. The point I believe is that "What is mandated to sport fishermen should also be mandated to all other user groups. In addition, the economic impact of commercial fishing needs to be explored deeply. Yes, there are those that depend on it for a livelihood, but many commercial fish for supplemental income. Perhaps we can reduce the impacts on ESA fish through a by-out program and a reduction in commercial licensing into the future. As a equitable trade, we may have to look at a cap or reduction in recreational guide licenses. Painful yes, but fair. In addition, we have to face the music, the population is exploding and the pressures on our waterways are increasing. There will have to be sacrifice from the sport fishing community too. We cannot have it all, but we can spread the pain equally and to insure that, we must have everything out in the open by everyone involved.

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 939 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |