Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#984412 - 01/28/18 10:43 AM Re: Steelhead plantings. [Re: jgreen]
Numbqua Offline
Alevin

Correction, they already have been for Years!!

Planting more fish will attract even more out of town newbie guides and anglers that have little to no ethics or respect to others.

#984417 - 01/28/18 11:07 AM Re: Steelhead plantings. [Re: Carcassman]
RUNnGUN Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: Carcassman
The Puyallups are, or were, heavily involved in the White River Steelhead.

The acoustic tagging data I have seen across species seems to show little difference in downstream survival between hatchery and wild fish of the same species. In fact, hatchery fish will occasionally show higher survivals when they are mass released rather than the volitional migration of wild fish. This would suggest that the losses are predator-based and probably based on (rather) small predator population taking a constant number of fish per day.

Some losses we saw on downstream migration between two traps could be explained energetically by one Great Blue Heron.

Or the gauntlet of a 100 plus Cormorants staged below Clarks Crk, working the river every spring, just when the smolts start their way out! Those missing pit tags are probably in the Shiiaat in the Cormorant rookeries.

#984425 - 01/28/18 11:41 AM Re: Steelhead plantings. [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
RUNnGUN Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: WDFW X 1 = 0
You guys base all your junk science on the numbers provided by who?

WDFW?

WDFW.........
The same clowns that couldn't even count the number of fish in a net pen?
The same lame ducks that couldn't figure out where or how the fish disappeared?

Give me a break.

Your numbers are a joke.

Plant fish morons!!!

Numbqua.
He has a point. I know a retired hatchery guy that doctored numbers for years, but on the positive side. Per the rules of Bio's and ESA stuff. If the river was only suppose to plant a fixed number and they had three times that on hand, they all got released, but that fixed number was published. The result, huge returns, awesome fishing! No destroying them or planting them in some lake somewhere. I have always been skeptical of published plant numbers. These days I believe we are getting the short end of the stick. The hatchery employees are either rule followers or lazy, and aren't willing to work hard to produce big numbers and release them all.

#984497 - 01/29/18 07:47 AM Re: Steelhead plantings. [Re: RUNnGUN]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline
My Area code makes me cooler than you

Originally Posted By: RUNnGUN
Originally Posted By: WDFW X 1 = 0
You guys base all your junk science on the numbers provided by who?

WDFW?

WDFW.........
The same clowns that couldn't even count the number of fish in a net pen?
The same lame ducks that couldn't figure out where or how the fish disappeared?

Give me a break.

Your numbers are a joke.

Plant fish morons!!!

Numbqua.
He has a point. I know a retired hatchery guy that doctored numbers for years, but on the positive side. Per the rules of Bio's and ESA stuff. If the river was only suppose to plant a fixed number and they had three times that on hand, they all got released, but that fixed number was published. The result, huge returns, awesome fishing! No destroying them or planting them in some lake somewhere. I have always been skeptical of published plant numbers. These days I believe we are getting the short end of the stick. The hatchery employees are either rule followers or lazy, and aren't willing to work hard to produce big numbers and release them all.

Numbqua is drinking the KoolAid.
Hatchery managers once took pride stocking rivers.
It was their legacy.

Per Cindy and other WDFW rocket scientists they couldn't even count fish if they were in a net!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#984589 - 01/30/18 10:54 AM Re: Steelhead plantings. [Re: Krijack]
bodysurf Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: olympia
I've seen steelhead 'planted' when there was no water in the ladder...they all died..but they were planted! people will fake numbers ,release sizes ,condition factors,feed conversions....if you complain they just deny it...like everything...and you have to work for these people that can make your life hell so ....yeah ...

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 947 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645290 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |