THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#984905 - 02/04/18 07:52 AM Anyone notice the stock market futures?
RICH G
Unregistered

Looks like its gonna dump big again tomorrow.

#984932 - 02/04/18 03:43 PM Re: Anyone notice the stock market futures? [Re: ]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
It's all about where interest rates go from here. Yellen on the way out and oil climbing doesn't help things along. A market correction is 10% and I don't know if we'll see 10% - maybe - rates would really have to climb quickly & sharply. Remember a 1 trillion+ infrastructure plan is in the works. Think old blue chips like Cat, Alcoa, Exxon, 3M, Dupont et al. thumbs As for an immediate correction, short E mini futures if that's your bag.

That'll be $10K in consulting fees Rich. I'll just let you owe me one. Once you finally bag a squatch, I want a large hank of hide for some ties I'm working up.

Edited by NickD90 (02/04/18 03:46 PM)

#984954 - 02/05/18 07:28 AM Re: Anyone notice the stock market futures? [Re: ]
NickD90 Offline

It's not going to "crash" anytime soon. BUT if you are going to get a loan for a toy, I'd do it sooner rather than later if you have the means. Rates should inch up as we move along over these next few months. I have to wait until summer before I can afford to purchase a new truck. Hoping rates don't move too much between now and then.

#984962 - 02/05/18 09:55 AM Re: Anyone notice the stock market futures? [Re: ]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
The amount of expertise available on the dark side is really incredible. We’re all so fortunate.

rofl

#984964 - 02/05/18 10:30 AM Re: Anyone notice the stock market futures? [Re: ]
RICH G
Unregistered

its all good until the piper has to get paid.

the fundamentals do not support a robust market, the economy has not improved since the 2008 crash.

If things were as good as the market says interest in a savings account would be back to 6 to 8%, yet the dollar still has no value.

The value of the dollar is based on the faith and strength of this country. The truth is the world has no faith in the future of America and does not see this land or its people as strong.

Our debt is 21 trillion and we have no real plan to get things in order, certainly spending less money is not an option.
Russia has a half trillion surplus in currency.

#984966 - 02/05/18 10:38 AM Re: Anyone notice the stock market futures? [Re: ]
RICH G
Unregistered

So if your an analyst and tell people that the Stock market is legit and a safe lucrative investment your either lying for your own benefit, crazy, or uninformed about history and basic economic fundamentals.

Never have we had so many bubbles which are so big and ready to pop. never have we had so much debt, never has the populace been so dependent and so uninformed.

We have been in situations like this before but not as dire. Like right before every major market crash in history, but the situation has never been quite this bad.

#984969 - 02/05/18 12:12 PM Re: Anyone notice the stock market futures? [Re: ]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

DOW is down 1500 as of right now....

#984974 - 02/05/18 12:52 PM Re: Anyone notice the stock market futures? [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
I thought the economy was booming and it was all due to Trump's tax reform and general stable genius status?

Nevermind.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#984975 - 02/05/18 12:59 PM Re: Anyone notice the stock market futures? [Re: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D]
NickD90 Offline

Originally Posted By: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D
The amount of expertise available on the dark side is really incredible. We’re all so fortunate.

rofl

Never claimed to be a financial expert - but if you shorted E mini futures as I suggested, you'd have a few pennies to pinch together right about now. I know I do. Lots of this stuff is common sense, which if you have a functioning brain is pretty...well common. Sorry for your luck AP.

#984976 - 02/05/18 01:04 PM Re: Anyone notice the stock market futures? [Re: ]
NickD90 Offline

#984982 - 02/05/18 01:54 PM Re: Anyone notice the stock market futures? [Re: ]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

Something wrong with the smokercraft?

#984985 - 02/05/18 02:07 PM Re: Anyone notice the stock market futures? [Re: ]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
I appreciate the unneeded sympathy, Nick. smile. I suspect others around here might need it more than me though.

Good luck saving for your truck.

#984992 - 02/05/18 03:13 PM Re: Anyone notice the stock market futures? [Re: ]
Jason Beezuz Offline
My Waders are Moist

Loc: PNW
I put 4K down on some specific stocks last Jan worth 40$ per and they went to around 1200$ per. I sold off some and made 15K a month ago. I just lost a ton of money today but did I? Maybe you clowns can do the math for me? I just bought a house cashing in on my investments. Tell me again why I should not play the stock market?

Maybe it's amphetamines.

#984995 - 02/05/18 03:37 PM Re: Anyone notice the stock market futures? [Re: ]
NickD90 Offline

Originally Posted By: Myassisdragon
I’m still hanging with Nick on this correction

Please don't! I'm not qualified to give official financial advice. I know a little bit - sure, but you should be talking to an expert not listening to some jack arse on a message board. I mostly just trade for a bit of fun and the rush every now and again. Not all that often really and I get in and out VERY quickly. I let my modest bankroll sit at my broker.

I do look at the big triggers (market or societal) and that's when I'll make some calls. Things like Yellen leaving the fed, mixed with oil going up, a good jobs report and a strong overall economy. An adjustment has been needed for some time, so last week I made a small move to short a couple of E contracts. Made just under $2.5K for about fifteen minutes of work between Friday and today. I'm not big time at all and I NEVER touch my bankroll. The truck gets bought via the day job.

Like clockwork, certain stocks move when societal things happen (usually bad things). Whenever there is a mass shooting, I'll buy some gun stocks for a month or two and then dump. A big hurricane effects the gulf, short some oil or buy some blue chips like Cat. Kinda macabre, but it can be decently lucrative. I've had my bad days too cause it really is all speculation. Win some, lose some.

#985006 - 02/05/18 08:36 PM Re: Anyone notice the stock market futures? [Re: ]
RICH G
Unregistered

World markets are tanking right now.

Futures for the Dow show -650 points.

#985014 - 02/05/18 11:10 PM Re: Anyone notice the stock market futures? [Re: ]
ondarvr Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Spokane WA
So what is it, maybe the fifth time I've been through this.

#985017 - 02/06/18 07:50 AM Re: Anyone notice the stock market futures? [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
This is only a big deal if you are retiring this year - which I'm not, OR you spend all day stroking yourself over the Dow setting records while you sit in the White House having little to do with it.

Pissing your pants over market corrections is dumb.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#985032 - 02/06/18 11:33 AM Re: Anyone notice the stock market futures? [Re: NickD90]
Driftin' Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Offshore
Originally Posted By: NickD90
Never claimed to be a financial expert - but if you shorted E mini futures as I suggested, you'd have a few pennies to pinch together right about now. I know I do.

SPX Mini? What a piker.... *grin*

For those unfortunate souls....

#985047 - 02/06/18 03:11 PM Re: Anyone notice the stock market futures? [Re: ]
NickD90 Offline

Originally Posted By: RICH G
World markets are tanking right now.

Futures for the Dow show -650 points.

The sky is falling! The sky is falling. OMG! The sky is falling.
Dow closes up 567. Cat and Dupont showing strong. The DOW would need to lose about 4500 pts now to get back to pre-Trump levels...which was already a very strong position to begin with. thumbs

Rich - just because you REALLY REALLY want to use your bunker and see an ROI on your crazy town investment doesn't mean we all share that sentiment. As Paker has mentioned 1 trillion times...."things remain the same until they don't". You should take the night off; relax and enjoy a nice MRE, potassium iodide infused rain water (aged 12 years in a rusty rain barrel for a nice caramel color) over a soft light Scouts Crisco candle with the wife tonight.

#985048 - 02/06/18 03:22 PM Re: Anyone notice the stock market futures? [Re: Driftin']
NickD90 Offline

Originally Posted By: Driftin'
Originally Posted By: NickD90
Never claimed to be a financial expert - but if you shorted E mini futures as I suggested, you'd have a few pennies to pinch together right about now. I know I do.

SPX Mini? What a piker.... *grin*

For those unfortunate souls....

Shorted YMH18 with a mid drop SO. Should have dropped the SO down a bit and should have bought the low yesterday afternoon, but I was too chicken and didn't want to lose my Piker grinder status. grin

#985074 - 02/07/18 09:28 AM Re: Anyone notice the stock market futures? [Re: ]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Most of Friday's and Monday's declines were reversed yesterday and this morning. Since I didn't sell last Thursday, and want to get out of my "buy high, sell low" strategy, I think I'll stick with the "ride it out" strategy for a while.

#985170 - 02/08/18 05:18 PM Re: Anyone notice the stock market futures? [Re: ]
RICH G
Unregistered

Futures for the Dow show -750 and the Nasdaq -220.

Selling is pretty agressive for merely a 10% correction, last 10 mins today it dove by almost 300 points.

Anybody notice the "takedown" of bitcoin that's been happening along with this?

Edited by RICH G (02/08/18 05:23 PM)

#985171 - 02/08/18 05:28 PM Re: Anyone notice the stock market futures? [Re: ]
RICH G
Unregistered

Well they just went from -750 to +110 with nothing in between, kinda strange.

#985181 - 02/08/18 05:56 PM Re: Anyone notice the stock market futures? [Re: ]
RICH G
Unregistered

This is not going to stop, bond yields are up and if they pass this budget tonight it will raise the debt ceiling which will further inflate bond yields.

If this goes much further the FED will have to step in and take corrective measures which will necessarily expose that the economy is not nearly what the populace thinks it is. More Quantitative easing is likely, if they stop raising interest rates or go a bit backwards you will see some relief but then the fact that the economy can't sustain itself without being subsidized will be exposed.

We are at a point where "bad things" are likely to start happening.

#985182 - 02/08/18 06:19 PM Re: Anyone notice the stock market futures? [Re: ]
NickD90 Offline

Bonds yields going up is generally a good thing Rich. It's means a growing global economy and the increased yields are more attractive to investors looking for long term stability outside of the market. The bond market has been a zombie for years because it provided a next to zero return. But you already knew this....

Look, we just had the longest and most stable bull run in history. The market is up 8000 in the past year and this "correction" is only about a 1/4 of that once-in-a-lifetime run. 2000 pts is NOT a correction. There is over-valuation and it's OK for rates to go up where they should naturally be. This is a return normalcy and that is a good and healthy thing. Relax man.

#985185 - 02/08/18 07:21 PM Re: Anyone notice the stock market futures? [Re: ]
RICH G
Unregistered

"Look, we just had the longest and most stable bull run in history. The market is up 8000 in the past year and this "correction" is only about a 1/4 of that once-in-a-lifetime run. 2000 pts is NOT a correction. There is over-valuation and it's OK for rates to go up where they should naturally be. This is a return normalcy and that is a good and healthy thing. Relax man."

We had an 8 year Bull run due to artificially low almost "zero" interest rates since 2008, and 86 billion dollars of newly printed money pumped into the banks every month up until about 1 year ago. Half of that 86 billion each month was to purchase home mortgages in default and then to keep abandoned homes out of the inventory, off the market so the home prices could be artificially propped up. Now all of this can kicking is coming back to bite us in the ass and is going to blow up big time. Nothing got fixed since 08 and the problems just got compounded, bubbles got way bigger and so did the consequences, but some people got allot richer. Now it's time for "the great wealth transfer", as much wealth as possible was sucked into the markets, (as there was no other place to put your money and get a reasonable rate of return, or necessary rate of return as it relates to the pension systems), now it's time for that wealth to change hands.

#985191 - 02/08/18 08:50 PM Re: Anyone notice the stock market futures? [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Stocks go up and stocks go down, hasn't changed in over 200 years. The Dow went up 42 % since DT was elected and people whine about a 10% pull back UFB. crazy

- Albert Einstein.

#985192 - 02/08/18 08:55 PM Re: Anyone notice the stock market futures? [Re: ]
Snake Pliskin Offline
Bead

Loc: Duvall
Let me put this in a perspective you might understand. You have a baby, you feed it, it swallows, you feed it more, it swallows more, you keep shoveling food in the baby's mouth and you're so excited that it ate so much and then it pukes. Not everything you fed it, but enough to make a mess. You wait a while and start feeding the baby again. That's the stock market. It puked after swallowing a lot of money. Let it rest, it will get hungry again.

Snake

#985207 - 02/09/18 12:57 PM Re: Anyone notice the stock market futures? [Re: ]
NickD90 Offline

I've never seen the markets described in such vibrant color. Fantastic!

Now Rich is going to argue about what happens once the baby digests his meal. I guarantee it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 939 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |