THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#985030 - 02/06/18 10:27 AM Re: Any idea what run this is targeting? [Re: Krijack]
the_chemist Offline
Parr

In most situations I'd try to give people the benefit of the doubt but it was only 2 years ago that their fish and wildlife director was arrested for operating the largest seafood poaching operation in Washington state history.

http://www.kiro7.com/news/tulalip-tribe-fish-and-wildlife-director-arrested-/28782032

#985033 - 02/06/18 11:39 AM Re: Any idea what run this is targeting? [Re: Krijack]
JustBecause Offline
Juvenile at Sea

I'm amazed that these guys wouldn't want y'all in the meetings with them....

#985035 - 02/06/18 12:07 PM Re: Any idea what run this is targeting? [Re: ]
stonefish Online   content
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
Originally Posted By: stam
You're preaching to the choir here, this is all c-attle sees when this kind of stuff comes up.

Those Italians can cry with the best of them, regardless of their costume.......
SF

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Eyes_Cody

#985036 - 02/06/18 12:32 PM Re: Any idea what run this is targeting? [Re: Smalma]
Gusty Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Everett, WA. USA
Originally Posted By: Smalma
Any steelhead fishery at that time of year whether in the bay or the river can only be consider to be targeting wild steelhead.

Curt

Aren’t those wild steelhead ESA listed fish?

#985038 - 02/06/18 12:39 PM Re: Any idea what run this is targeting? [Re: Krijack]
wsu Offline
Returning Adult

Where do you find this published online?

#985039 - 02/06/18 12:52 PM Re: Any idea what run this is targeting? [Re: Krijack]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
I haven't been able to find this in any of the published regulations...where did you find it Krijack?

Thanks!

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#985042 - 02/06/18 01:32 PM Re: Any idea what run this is targeting? [Re: ]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Graham, WA
You're preaching to the choir here, this is all c-attle sees when this kind of stuff comes up.

As fake as the ruse of Champions of conservation!

Perhaps he's shedding a tear because the recs still get to fish at all!

"Hell yes we believe in conservation, we just think it is better served in secret!"

#985043 - 02/06/18 01:36 PM Re: Any idea what run this is targeting? [Re: Krijack]
Waterboy Offline
Returning Adult

I use to be on a email list from the address TreatyFishRegs@dfw.wa.gov in which I received all the notices/openings posted for tribal fishing...crab, salmon, warm water, squid, etc. I stopped receiving them in March of last year for some reason???

#985044 - 02/06/18 02:01 PM Re: Any idea what run this is targeting? [Re: stonefish]
fishbadger Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Gig Harbor, WA
Originally Posted By: stonefish

Those Italians can cry with the best of them, regardless of their costume.......
SF

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Eyes_Cody

grin

First the eye-talians, next is gonna be ze Germans. . .I don't like where this is going one bit,

fb

#985045 - 02/06/18 02:05 PM Re: Any idea what run this is targeting? [Re: Krijack]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
FYI-

Good morning Ryley,

Staff is looking in to this and will provide you a response. I just wanted to give you a heads up we received your email and will respond.

Thanks,

Ryan

Sent: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 4:22 AM
To: Warren, Ron R (DFW) <Ron.Warren@dfw.wa.gov>; Lothrop, Ryan L (DFW) <Ryan.Lothrop@dfw.wa.gov>
Cc: staff@tidalexchange.com
Subject: FW: TUL 2017-214-104 (Steelhead 8A1,8A2,8A3,8A4, 8D)

Ryan,
Ron,

How can we challenge the justification of this fishery? We all know there are no harvestable hatchery steelhead in the lower reaches on the Snohomish system at this time of year, and this is a opener under the frivolous guise of targeting hatchery steelhead is in actuality targeting ESA listed Wild Steelhead which are present in these areas at this time of year.

As far as I can recall, the Tulalips have not fished for Steelhead in this area, at this time of year, for a very long time.
I would ask you for a list of options about how the Department can challenge the justification for this fishery and stop it if possible.

Thanks,
Ryley

From: Treaty Fish Regs (DFW) [mailto:TreatyFishRegs@dfw.wa.gov]

#985046 - 02/06/18 02:25 PM Re: Any idea what run this is targeting? [Re: Sky-Guy]
the_chemist Offline
Parr

Thanks for looking into it Sky-guy.

#985050 - 02/06/18 06:56 PM Re: Any idea what run this is targeting? [Re: the_chemist]
MPM Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle, WA
Originally Posted By: the_chemist
Thanks for looking into it Sky-guy.

Seconded!

#985051 - 02/06/18 07:10 PM Re: Any idea what run this is targeting? [Re: Krijack]
cobble cruiser Offline
~B-F-D~

Im fricken irate!!!!!!!! This has to stop WDFW!!!! Fair is fair and corruption is obvious in this case. This better be stopped!!!

Edited by cobble cruiser (02/06/18 07:11 PM)

#985052 - 02/06/18 07:13 PM Re: Any idea what run this is targeting? [Re: Krijack]
cobble cruiser Offline
~B-F-D~

WDFW has lost all credibility and why should we put any stock in them? Seriously.... if they cant stop this, they are worthless!!!

#985053 - 02/06/18 08:11 PM Re: Any idea what run this is targeting? [Re: cobble cruiser]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Graham, WA
Originally Posted By: cobble cruiser
WDFW has lost all credibility and why should we put any stock in them? Seriously.... if they cant stop this, they are worthless!!!

The Commission should be asked for an explanation on this as well.

Once again, Mr. Ron Warren has a hand in something that on the surface anyway, seems very wrong!

Vent your outrage where it might do some good. Send a message to the Commission and hold them accountable.

Use this link and get that message sent.

Contact the Commission

#985054 - 02/06/18 08:33 PM Re: Any idea what run this is targeting? [Re: Krijack]
Great Bender Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Hood Canal
This kind of crap is going to continue as long as words take the place of action. Get up out of your chairs, go to your keyboards en masse...and tell the Commission what's taking place.

You've made contact with the same Fisheries Managers who have fubared the Co-Management situation for more than a decade, including the formulation of the recent controversial Ten Year Puget Sound Management Plan. You received a "we will look into it" response? Look at their track record!!

Go to the top: call out the Commission!!

#985055 - 02/06/18 09:20 PM Re: Any idea what run this is targeting? [Re: wsu]
BGR Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Marysville, WA
Originally Posted By: wsu
Where do you find this published online?

I googled "REGULATION NO: 2017-214-104". The first result was this thread. The second was titled "Blood Pressure Numbers: When to Get Help | Cigna". Coincidence?

#985059 - 02/06/18 10:09 PM Re: Any idea what run this is targeting? [Re: Bay wolf]
the_chemist Offline
Parr

Originally Posted By: Bay wolf
Originally Posted By: cobble cruiser

The Commission should be asked for an explanation on this as well.

Once again, Mr. Ron Warren has a hand in something that on the surface anyway, seems very wrong!

Vent your outrage where it might do some good. Send a message to the Commission and hold them accountable.

Use this link and get that message sent.

Contact the Commission

Message sent.

#985060 - 02/07/18 12:15 AM Re: Any idea what run this is targeting? [Re: Todd]
LocalTalent Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Originally Posted By: Todd
I would love to hear what the State and Feds have to say about it.

Probably d1ck. I'd like to hear what the Stillaguamish Tribe has to say about it.

#985062 - 02/07/18 06:17 AM Re: Any idea what run this is targeting? [Re: Sky-Guy]
RUNnGUN Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: Sky-Guy
FYI-

Good morning Ryley,

Staff is looking in to this and will provide you a response. I just wanted to give you a heads up we received your email and will respond.

Thanks,

Ryan

Sent: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 4:22 AM
To: Warren, Ron R (DFW) <Ron.Warren@dfw.wa.gov>; Lothrop, Ryan L (DFW) <Ryan.Lothrop@dfw.wa.gov>
Cc: staff@tidalexchange.com
Subject: FW: TUL 2017-214-104 (Steelhead 8A1,8A2,8A3,8A4, 8D)

Ryan,
Ron,

How can we challenge the justification of this fishery? We all know there are no harvestable hatchery steelhead in the lower reaches on the Snohomish system at this time of year, and this is a opener under the frivolous guise of targeting hatchery steelhead is in actuality targeting ESA listed Wild Steelhead which are present in these areas at this time of year.

As far as I can recall, the Tulalips have not fished for Steelhead in this area, at this time of year, for a very long time.
I would ask you for a list of options about how the Department can challenge the justification for this fishery and stop it if possible.

Thanks,
Ryley

From: Treaty Fish Regs (DFW) [mailto:TreatyFishRegs@dfw.wa.gov]

I'll tell you how you stop it! You grow a pair and blow it up with a floatilla of enforcement boats arresting every gillnet boat that deploys. Have every major news crew on board the enforcement boats reporting on how the Tribe is illigally fishing on ESA listed fish! That will catch the eye of the C-attleites. Back in the day during the number quota years Gamies used to "Enforce" the number rule when quotas were met, by physically pulling nets and having confrontations! History can repeat itself!

Edited by RUNnGUN (02/07/18 06:18 AM)

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (stonefish), 1043 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645293 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |