THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#987334 - 03/30/18 07:50 AM The Facebook Crowd...................
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline
My Area code makes me cooler than you

Is spending their time guiding clients, high in watersheds they have never targeted before, floating bait under bobbers, ripping hens off their spawning gravel, and all this on native runs that are all but gone.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you really that ignorant?

#987339 - 03/30/18 08:39 AM Re: The Facebook Crowd................... [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
Bent Metal Offline
Carcass

Loc: Sky River(WA) Clearwater(Id)
Was passing by a steelhead stream in Idaho last week and noticed several guys sight fishing for spawning steelhead in small side channel areas, and shallow gravely flats above tailouts. Very pathetic! I honestly think these people just don't know better. They see a big fish and want to stick a hook in it's mouth at all costs, not realizing the biological ramifications. After all.....We can fish pre and post spawn for bass, so why not steelhead? beathead

#987340 - 03/30/18 08:52 AM Re: The Facebook Crowd................... [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
ReefSkunk
Unregistered

The “fishing guide” situation is totally out of control. With trendy names like “Gyde Lyfe” and “Bad Ash” or a cool bank financed boat with doors, why would you need skill or experience?

#987341 - 03/30/18 09:10 AM Re: The Facebook Crowd................... [Re: Bent Metal]
stonefish Online   content
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
Originally Posted By: Bent Metal
Was passing by a steelhead stream in Idaho last week and noticed several guys sight fishing for spawning steelhead in small side channel areas, and shallow gravely flats above tailouts. Very pathetic! I honestly think these people just don't know better. They see a big fish and want to stick a hook in it's mouth at all costs, not realizing the biological ramifications. After all.....We can fish pre and post spawn for bass, so why not steelhead? beathead

Agree, very pathetic.
I don't even know why they have that open?????
Lots of pics get posted of burned out summerruns that have been sitting in the river since last fall.
People need to leave them alone and allow them to do their thing.
SF

#987352 - 03/30/18 02:29 PM Re: The Facebook Crowd................... [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
Jason Beezuz Offline
My Waders are Moist

Loc: PNW
Get a truck and steelhead pics on facebook and your dik grows...

Maybe it's amphetamines.

#987356 - 03/30/18 04:27 PM Re: The Facebook Crowd................... [Re: ]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
Originally Posted By: ReefSkunk
The “fishing guide” situation is totally out of control. With trendy names like “Gyde Lyfe” and “Bad Ash” or a cool bank financed boat with doors, why would you need skill or experience?

Pretty much. Walk in trips at Barrier Dam are going to be hot this year.

#987359 - 03/30/18 04:33 PM Re: The Facebook Crowd................... [Re: Jason Beezuz]
CedarR Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Olympia, WA
Originally Posted By: Jason Beezuz
Get a truck and steelhead pics on facebook and your dik grows...

Got the truck, got the camera, got my wife's facebook account...what could go wrong? wink

#987364 - 03/30/18 06:33 PM Re: The Facebook Crowd................... [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
paguy Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Sad indeed. Poor fish never get a break. And it's getting worse every year.

#987421 - 04/02/18 10:13 PM Re: The Facebook Crowd................... [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
JTD Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Browns Point,Wa. USA

If the abstinations of Lent didn’t satisfy your obligation for self-punishment, I HIGHLY recommend subjecting yourself to Bad Ash’s Smoke Salmon Dip recipe on YouTube.

It is Evo incarnate. Really.
In the legend of King Arthur, the Fisher King was a renowned angler whose errant ways caused him to be struck dumb in the presence of the sacred chalice. I am no great fisherman, and a steelhead is not the covenant of Christ, but with each of these fish I am rendered speechless.

#987448 - 04/03/18 06:21 PM Re: The Facebook Crowd................... [Re: fish4brains]
Jason Beezuz Offline
My Waders are Moist

Originally Posted By: fish4brains

Pretty much. Walk in trips at Barrier Dam are going to be hot this year.

There was a guide doing walk-in trips to the Cascade hatchery 4 or so years ago. After a couple months of nice limits of coho and steelhead the place was full of his former clients and he was butthurt as hell. That is the foresite of a lot of young guides.

Maybe it's amphetamines.

#987456 - 04/03/18 10:54 PM Re: The Facebook Crowd................... [Re: Jason Beezuz]
LocalTalent Offline
Juvenile at Sea

There was a guide doing walk-in trips to the Cascade hatchery 4 or so years ago. After a couple months of nice limits of coho and steelhead the place was full of his former clients and he was butthurt as hell. That is the foresite of a lot of young guides.

Same douche was taking clients to Fortson to fish off the rip rap on the hatchery side. He also took clients to the Samish. Lol. I wonder what the going rate is for a day of walking around in the mud catching brown kings.

#987470 - 04/04/18 10:12 AM Re: The Facebook Crowd................... [Re: JTD]
ReefSkunk
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: JTD

If the abstinations of Lent didn’t satisfy your obligation for self-punishment, I HIGHLY recommend subjecting yourself to Bad Ash’s Smoke Salmon Dip recipe on YouTube.

It is Evo incarnate. Really.

I think using the term “recipe” is stretching it a bit.

#987474 - 04/04/18 12:10 PM Re: The Facebook Crowd................... [Re: LocalTalent]
Jason Beezuz Offline
My Waders are Moist

Originally Posted By: LocalTalent

Same douche was taking clients to Fortson to fish off the rip rap on the hatchery side. He also took clients to the Samish. Lol. I wonder what the going rate is for a day of walking around in the mud catching brown kings.

Same guy for sure. He went to Fortson after Cascade was crowded out. Tried to claim private property on the Samish. Has been imvesigated and ticketed numerous times by WDFW and guess how they track him and know he is harassing protected fish ? Facebook. Thats how dumb this guy is.

Maybe it's amphetamines.

#987476 - 04/04/18 12:13 PM Re: The Facebook Crowd................... [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
Jason Beezuz Offline
My Waders are Moist

The funniest defense of this kid was a guy saying, “Hes a good boy” at a hatchery hole. Hes a “good boy” for life.

Maybe it's amphetamines.

#987540 - 04/05/18 11:59 AM Re: The Facebook Crowd................... [Re: ]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
I think using the term “recipe” is stretching it a bit.

No kidding.

This is what I generally do for a smoked salmon dip, and it's not quite at a "recipe" type dish.

Still pretty good for those that want a good salmon spread. I like to call it "slurm", after a Simpson Reference.

Parker's Salmon "Slurm" Dip Stuff

3-4, pieces of smoked salmon.
About a 1/2 cup of sour cream
About 1 1/4 cup (or a container) of whipped cream cheese
About 1.5 TBSP of fresh lemon juice (can substitute lemon pepper if need be)
About 2 TBSP capers plus another to decorate the top
Some chopped shallots
some chopped green onions
pepper and salt to taste

Debone and chop up the fish, ya jerk. No one likes pin bones in their spread.

Add everything to a bowl and mix by hand. Or, add everything to a mixer and mix with a machine. I could care less which you use.

Mix until you get the consistency you like. Same goes for taste. If it doesn't taste good, make it taste good. Jebus, how hard is this?

Add to your serving bowl and top off with some of the capers. About another TBSP worth.

How much smoked salmon I add is depending on looks and color. Should end up looking something like this:

#987544 - 04/05/18 12:02 PM Re: The Facebook Crowd................... [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
ReefSkunk
Unregistered

Would prefer a photo of you sitting on the counter top, posing seductively with your Slurm. That’s how the cool kids do it.

#987572 - 04/05/18 04:15 PM Re: The Facebook Crowd................... [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
spokey9 Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Ravenden, AR
Don't forget to long arm the slurm

#987626 - 04/06/18 11:22 AM Re: The Facebook Crowd................... [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
GodLovesUgly Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: WaRshington
Who really adds additional salt to smoked salmon dip? Isn't the smoked chit already salty enough? .... speaking to the Bad Ash recipe where she added salt, and albeit more sugar?

Yuck.

Sour Cream, Mayo, Cream cheese.... those should be your platform from which to build.
I want to be a fisherman.

#987789 - 04/09/18 01:06 PM Re: The Facebook Crowd................... [Re: The Moderator]
Swifty27 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tri-Cities, WA
Originally Posted By: parker

Still pretty good for those that want a good salmon spread. I like to call it "slurm", after a Simpson Reference.

Futurama, but close enough. Looks good.

#987806 - 04/09/18 06:09 PM Re: The Facebook Crowd................... [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
steeleworldwide
Unregistered

People who still post on facebook in this day an age get the bullet first on the day of the rope.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 939 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |